• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

Firewire

Banned
plagiarize said:
just played a bunch of deathmatch multiplayer... then tried to played team deathmatch and the damn game froze on me every time i tried. three tries. two different servers. two different maps...

anyone else run into this? PS3.

i'm going to try deleting the installed files, reinstalling and seeing if that helps. got to say i LOVE it all the same. plays so well. ah, ut... how i've missed you.

I ran into one problem last night in a TDM, but I got booted out "Connection Error" no freezing .

Lefty42o

Banned
plagiarize said:
just played a bunch of deathmatch multiplayer... then tried to played team deathmatch and the damn game froze on me every time i tried. three tries. two different servers. two different maps...

anyone else run into this? PS3.

i'm going to try deleting the installed files, reinstalling and seeing if that helps. got to say i LOVE it all the same. plays so well. ah, ut... how i've missed you.

yeah i have. some servers just eithe rlock me up or i get stuck in a constant load screen with no timeout.

just had to reboot the ps3 now as i type this. add me of you wnat to team up

psn:Lefty420

Lefty42o said:
yeah i have. some servers just eithe rlock me up or i get stuck in a constant load screen with no timeout.

just had to reboot the ps3 now as i type this. add me of you wnat to team up

psn:Lefty420
i rebooted it twich and got the same problem. reinstalling the local data seemed to clear it up though.

i'll add a few people.

plagiarize

h3ro

PistolGrip said:
hmm PS3 version not available on amazon damn. Where did you guys get yours? Should I just wait it out.

Here ya go bud...

edit:
Oops! Sorry, guess Mark Rein wasn't lying when he said "limited quantities"...

Firewire

Banned
Norml said:
The 1st vid looks awesome!!

What did he do when he latched on to that ball thing?

No clue, I spent 5hrs last night in regular TDM without vehicles. I think I read someone post about using L1 to latch on to a vehicle when using the hover board, but I am unsure.

stay gold

Damn I just got an e mail off Movietyme saying they'd sold out of the PS3 version and couldn't fulfill my order :| hmmm i'll have to try videogamesplus...

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
The Unreal fanbase really hate this game. Than again, they think 2k4 is better than the original UT!

Bring on the manliness. Just bought this as this thread made me remember it's existence.

EDIT. Stupid update that takes 54325 billions hours.

Firewire

Banned
Pedobear said:
The Unreal fanbase really hate this game. Than again, they think 2k4 is better than the original UT!

Bring on the manliness. Just bought this as this thread made me remember it's existence.

EDIT. Stupid update that takes 54325 billions hours.

Should have bought a PS3 and UT3. Just saying! :lol

cameltoe

my wife wanted me to pick up Superbad......

So I did..

untitled.jpg

And a little somethin for the effort! :D

this game is quite fun, even with the controller.

and im not as bad as I thought with the controller, this game has one of the best settings for analog sticks in a console shooter.

Firewire

Banned
Linkzg said:

and im not as bad as I thought with the controller, this game has one of the best settings for analog sticks in a console shooter.

I was totally going to use KB/M, but I tried the controller & was very impressed with it. Don't think I'll bother using KB/M.

theBishop

Banned
Linkzg said:

I thought the aiming sensitivity was hella-low. I pumped that up significantly after my first match, and upped the look speed a little bit as well.

Firewire said:
I was totally going to use KB/M, but I tried the controller & was very impressed with it. Don't think I'll bother using KB/M.

same, I usually hate analog aiming in these types of games, but this is really nice.

theBishop said:
I thought the aiming sensitivity was hella-low. I pumped that up significantly after my first match, and upped the look speed a little bit as well.

yeah, I moved mine way up, but I have my actually aiming sensitivity not too fast but my turning sensitivity is fast.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Losing will to resist purchase... All my local BestBuys have it in stock.

4 player co-op, offline bots... Must start Mass Effect and finish Biosnooze.

Firewire

Banned
theBishop said:

Were do you change the sensitivity? I'd like to fiddle with it a bit.

Lefty42o

Banned
plagiarize said:
i rebooted it twich and got the same problem. reinstalling the local data seemed to clear it up though.

i'll add a few people.

plagiarize

aww man we are having some battles. wish i could read your messages ingame :lol

Dante

I had a blast with this last night. I dont think any of you are on my FL. I should clear out a bunch of people I have on there from GAF who are never online. I only saw gbovo online last night. I usually finnish 4th or 5th, but I was having a great time. Instant respawn is fantastic. So far I seem to prefer the rocket launcher.

Dante

killakiz said:
so how does installing mods work on the ps3 version?

There is a menu item called mods in community.

when you click it it asks where you want to get you mod from. Memory stick or hardrive. You would install it from there. There is a field box which lists your mods, which at presant tiome is empty. It's really well implemented, lets just hope people utilize it.

theBishop

Banned
Firewire said:
It was that easy huh!

I guess thats were you can change or reconfigure the controller buttons as well. Did you figure out a way to reconfigure the voice chat?

I haven't be able to confirm that UT3 has voice chat at all. Except for the "Mute Voice" config option, I wouldn't know for sure. Last night, I was speaking to myself for all I know. No one responded to my "pings".

I'm weary about the gameplay in this, never got into this fast paced FPS style on the PC

will give this a rent though, and may purchase it down the line once mods become readily available

theBishop said:
I haven't be able to confirm that UT3 has voice chat at all. Except for the "Mute Voice" config option, I wouldn't know for sure. Last night, I was speaking to myself for all I know. No one responded to my "pings".
hey, bish... what's your psn name?

Lefty42o

Banned
yes curently ranked 963. plagiarize rocking in at rank 426.

this game is freaking awesome. sucks that you can't read messages ingame. with the voice chat not working there is no freaking way to communicate at all. Plagiarize and I were battling on opposite teams holding it down and no way to say gg or anything.

favorite weapon is hands down the flak cannon. that thing is a death machine :D

Firewire

Banned
theBishop said:

Its there! I heard a few people talking in a couple of matches last night, I don't think many know about pressing right on the d-pad to talk. I couldn't find anything in the manual, although it was kinda hard to look as the matches start up so fast, and I didn't want to leave the server I was in.

Lefty42o

Banned
plagiarize said:
hey, bish... what's your psn name?
\
do you have a mic? i was trying to talk to you that whole first game\

and i canlt read nay messages you send me till i leave the server

also other than thet3 pc demo this is my first time playing unreal. i think iam doing pretty good so far

Lefty42o said:
yes curently ranked 963. plagiarize rocking in at rank 426.

this game is freaking awesome. sucks that you can't read messages ingame. with the voice chat not working there is no freaking way to communicate at all. Plagiarize and I were battling on opposite teams holding it down and no way to say gg or anything.

favorite weapon is hands down the flak cannon. that thing is a death machine :D
my favourite weapon is the googun.

as you probably realised :)

i don't have a mic no. need to get one definately.

Lefty42o

Banned
plagiarize said:
my favourite weapon is the googun.

as you probably realised :)

i don't have a mic no. need to get one definately.
\
man you was pissing me off with that thing. i started trying to use it back on your ass :D

Lefty42o

Banned
Firewire said:
Its there! I heard a few people talking in a couple of matches last night, I don't think many know about pressing right on the d-pad to talk. I couldn't find anything in the manual, although it was kinda hard to look as the matches start up so fast, and I didn't want to leave the server I was in.

i haven't heard a soul. i have a plantronics buetooth headset and it works per warhawk .

i use irght on the d-pad and i set the button to also be r3.

Lefty42o

Banned
plagiarize said:
you just made my day. thank you :)

lol. it was fun. i tried for 2 games to get back on your team. you and i were the best in the room for awhile. wanted to run some shit on them noobs :lol

i will def be back on after 4 eastern. got to cleanup and get the daughter off the bus first

Top Bottom