• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

Firewire

Banned
Forsete said:
So you can install home-made maps on the PS3 version?

Yes, if you make them with the tools Epic provides with the PC version, and then export them for PS3 use.

A friend has been working on a Star Wars type mod for a couple weeks now.

Forsete

Firewire said:
Yes, if you make them with the tools Epic provides with the PC version, and then export them for PS3 use.

A friend has been working on a Star Wars type mod for a couple weeks now.

Very cool. :)

Hmm, and PC players can play with PS3 players?

Lefty42o said:
lol. it was fun. i tried for 2 games to get back on your team. you and i were the best in the room for awhile. wanted to run some shit on them noobs :lol
the two really close games were awesome, but it got a bit unbalanced when that other guy joined. i saw you try and change teams... said you were requesting a team change... but it never happened.

:lol that was so awesome

I charged into the enemy area to grab their flag and held L1 too long on that floating bike thing, it landed straight onto an enemy and exploded, it was pinpoint accuracy.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Lefty42o said:
i haven't heard a soul. i have a plantronics buetooth headset and it works per warhawk .

i use irght on the d-pad and i set the button to also be r3.

So i was checking out the Epic forums, and i didn't know that you have to press left on the d-pad and select all to talk to everyone on your team/game.

and here's how to change the button layout if you dont like using the dpad for voice chat:

go to input settings. then push triangle. it will bring up the button layout for the controller, and there you can customize it.

for PC players:

How do you do voice chat? Pressing T? I'm trying to figure out if it's the same way for PS3.

Lefty42o

Banned
plagiarize said:
the two really close games were awesome, but it got a bit unbalanced when that other guy joined. i saw you try and change teams... said you were requesting a team change... but it never happened.

yeah that last game was so not fair :lol

you using controller or kb/m? the sixasix is pretty sweet. very responsive and easy to use. i tried kb/m with the pc demo but i just can't do it

Firewire

Banned
Lefty42o said:
i haven't heard a soul. i have a plantronics buetooth headset and it works per warhawk .

i use irght on the d-pad and i set the button to also be r3.

I think allot of people just don't know or aren't using mics! I kinda like the quiet anyways, I just ramp up the sound then. But for CTF it would be pretty damn annoying not to coordinate with teamates.

Lefty42o

Banned
TONX said:
So i was checking out the Epic forums, and i didn't know that you have to press left on the d-pad and select all to talk to everyone on your team/game.

and here's how to change the button layout if you dont like using the dpad for voice chat:

go to input settings. then push triangle. it will bring up the button layout for the controller, and there you can customize it.

for PC players:

How do you do voice chat? Pressing T? I'm trying to figure out if it's the same way for PS3.

the left on d-pad has nothing to do with the chat. i tried it. its only for orders and taunts.

i heard its B on the keyboard.

thanks for the instructions but i already changed the button to r3 to make ti easier to talk while fighting.

plagiairze did you ever hear me or do you not hear others if you don't have a mic?

Lefty42o said:
yeah that last game was so not fair :lol

you using controller or kb/m? the sixasix is pretty sweet. very responsive and easy to use. i tried kb/m with the pc demo but i just can't do it
yeah. keyboard and mouse here. mouse speed maxed out and wishing i could push it a little more :)

Lefty42o

Banned
plagiarize said:
yeah. keyboard and mouse here. mouse speed maxed out and wishing i could push it a little more :)

i thought so. you seemed to have a little more whip in your turn around than i did. though i could push the sensitivity higher but than i would totally not be able to play. might slowly ramp it up till i am maxed out as i did with halo/

Firewire

Banned
Forsete said:
Very cool. :)

Hmm, and PC players can play with PS3 players?

No! There was some talk about it, but for speed reasons, KB/M & mod reasons Epic decided it wasn't worthwhile. I wouldn't want to get owned by Techno anyways! :lol

Lefty42o

Banned
Firewire said:
No! There was some talk about it, but for speed reasons, KB/M & mod reasons Epic decided it wasn't worthwhile. I wouldn't want to get owned by Techno anyways! :lol

i been hanging in there with the ps3 kb/m players personally. i aint scared (maybe just a lil :D )

Forsete

Firewire said:

Blah.. Epic you fail.. epicly!

Ok, sure if you gimp the game for people playing with controllers. But at least give the players using M/KB the option to UNGIMP the game.

Off my buy list you go, was looking forward to some PS3 Cell Supercomputer Processor vs PC multiplayer. :(

Firewire

Banned
TONX said:

for PC players:

There is no way to have the mic live all the time like Resistance? :(

Firewire

Banned
Forsete said:

Ok, sure if you gimp the game for people playing with controllers. But at least give the players using M/KB the option to UNGIMP the game.

Off my buy list you go, was looking forward to some PS3 Cell Supercomputer Processor vs PC multiplayer. :(

Its a damn good game, plus from this thread there aren't that many PC players anyways. Your best bet is the PS3 version, there was tons of action last night & tons of good players in a mix between KB/M & controller.

Lefty42o

Banned
Forsete said:

ur missing a pretty good game than. i would suggest any fps fan to buy this game. but thats just my opinion :D

Firewire said:
Its a damn good game, plus from this thread there aren't that many PC players anyways. Your best bet is the PS3 version, there was tons of action last night & tons of good players in a mix between KB/M & controller.

add me if you wnat another good gamer to blast away with

Lefty420

As mentioned pages ago, PS3 voice chat is currently busted. Supposed to be working, is not.

As far as voice chat goes, I never use the in-game voice chat. I have one of my mouse buttons bound to talk for Ventrilo/Teamspeak.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
cameltoe said:
my wife wanted me to pick up Superbad......

So I did..

untitled.jpg

And a little somethin for the effort! :D

Superb!

Firewire

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
As mentioned pages ago, PS3 voice chat is currently busted. Supposed to be working, is not.

As far as voice chat goes, I never use the in-game voice chat. I have one of my mouse buttons bound to talk for Ventrilo/Teamspeak.

Its busted? Right out of the gate to! Any idea about an update or anything?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, so there's no M/K-support in the PS3-version now?!

Lefty42o

Banned
Teknopathetic said:

yeah seems most of the issues are with bluetooth headsets

next when gaming say with some gaf guys its nice to be bale to at least say gg or something. there is no way to read ingame messages. no text environment so besides voice chat yoru screwed. and console gaming online has always had a added enjoyment being able to voice chat easily.

plus like earlier plagiarize had a guy behind him and i could not say anything to alert him. thats such a diff flow than say cod4, gears of war or any other shooter i play.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Firewire said:
There is KB/M support!
Phew, I'm tired. Forgive me.

Lefty42o said:
yeah seems most of the issues are with bluetooth headsets

next when gaming say with some gaf guys its nice to be bale to at least say gg or something. there is no way to read ingame messages. no text environment so besides voice chat yoru screwed. and console gaming online has always had a added enjoyment being able to voice chat easily.

plus like earlier plagiarize had a guy behind him and i could not say anything to alert him. thats such a diff flow than say cod4, gears of war or any other shooter i play.
yeah. i need to learn to look over my shoulder more again.
Firewire said:
There is KB/M support!
and it's a beautiful thing.

Lefty42o

Banned
plagiarize said:
yeah. i need to learn to look over my shoulder more again.

and it's a beautiful thing.

i am just trying to get a hang of the speed and diff weapons. felt much more comfortable today than i did yesterday. i have a pretty good learning curve. and now that i am getting a hang of the power, range and aiming most of the weapons watch out:D

Chemo

GAF: Chemo / PSN: Chemoglobin

Just picked it up, looked like there was only one more copy at Best Buy. Do there seem to be a lot of players online?

Chemo said:

Just picked it up, looked like there was only one more copy at Best Buy. Do there seem to be a lot of players online?

there were maybe 15 or so Vehicle CTF matches online a few hours ago, that isnt too bad.

Halvie

Banned
Is anyone else kind of disappointed in the graphics on the ps3 version? My pc (amd 4000+ x1950xt) kills the ps3 version. The textures look like utter crap on it. Still pretty fun from what little I have played, but Epic was completely wrong when saying it looks better than Gears. Gears walks this game imo.

Halvie said:
Is anyone else kind of disappointed in the graphics on the ps3 version? My pc (amd 4000+ x1950xt) kills the ps3 version. The textures look like utter crap on it. Still pretty fun from what little I have played, but Epic was completely wrong when saying it looks better than Gears. Gears walks this game imo.
looks just great to me. i'd say better than gears yeah. couldn't seperate art and technical things, but i'd say this is better looking than gears without any hestitation.

Firewire

Banned
Chemo said:

Tons of matches/players last night. Haven't been on yet today, but I imagine it'll grow steadily in the next few weeks.

My EB is sold out now, went to make a pre-order for another game, and a couple of disapointed people were there trying to pick it up. The guys behind the counter said they've been getting a steady stream of calls since yesterday. Kinda surprising as I haven't seen one ad for it up here in Canada.

f@luS

More than a member.
Halvie said:

Rofl? i have C2D 2.66 , 2g and the same video card and it doesnt look much better (from what ive seen of the ps3 version) and isnt silky smooth. Thats why im picking the game on ps3.

Firewire said:
Tons of matches/players last night. Haven't been on yet today, but I imagine it'll grow steadily in the next few weeks.

My EB is sold out now, went to make a pre-order for another game, and a couple of disapointed people were there trying to pick it up. The guys behind the counter said they've been getting a steady stream of calls since yesterday. Kinda surprising as I haven't seen one ad for it up here in Canada.
not really. supply is meant to be limited right now according to Epic.

cameltoe

Halvie said:

Nope

I have a AMD 4400 and an ATI x1950pro 2gb ram. I only played the demo but the PS3 version looks better than the max I could run the demo at.

I have a 360 and GeoW, this looks better...

theBishop

Banned
Firewire said:

Actually, the main reason it was cut is the certification process for patches on the console version. Epic didn't want to hold up a PC update because the PS3 version was in certification since both versions would need to be identical.

Mark Rein has suggested they may revisit cross-play when Epic is confident both versions of the game are solid. Internally, cross-play is already working.

Cheeto

*facepalm*

Tre send me a message sometime tonight, I want to get in on some organized CTF. I have a vent server if need be.

Synless

acabado said:
Superbad in DVD,why not BD? :D

And where are some gorgeous off sreen shots??
It's for his wife, so how is he going to play Unreal if she's watching it on blu-ray???? He's a smart man IMO.

Firewire

Banned
theBishop said:
Actually, the main reason it was cut is the certification process for patches on the console version. Epic didn't want to hold up a PC update because the PS3 version was in certification since both versions would need to be identical.

Mark Rein has suggested they may revisit cross-play when Epic is confident both versions of the game are solid. Internally, cross-play is already working.

I stand corrected again. Today I am full of fail! :(

"Tre send me a message sometime tonight, I want to get in on some organized CTF. I have a vent server if need be."

If you want somewhat organized CTF, idle on IRC in #ut3ctf on irc.GameRadius.org. That's where the pugs start. I don't really do the pug thing, though.

Edit: apparently on irc.gamesurge.net as well (two different networks)

Top Bottom