• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

I don't know about you guys but I'm using "Muted" under post-processing and it looks fantastic.

I tried "Vivid" at first but I found the blacks were crushed as a result. "Muted" makes the game look much nicer.

Cold-Steel said:
I don't know about you guys but I'm using "Muted" under post-processing and it looks fantastic.

I tried "Vivid" at first but I found the blacks were crushed as a result. "Muted" makes the game look much nicer.
that's exactly what i did too.

McLovin

Lefty42o said:
nope. aside from possible voice chat issues which i am not even sure is an issue no more this game is smooth and sexy. fast paced and well balanced.

sees its just not your cup of tea

next i doubt the trade in value was 20. its usually 30-35 for new games.
Thats what I thought too but no its $20. Thats true.. not my cup of tea at least you guys are enjoying it.

Dante

plagiarize said:
have you tried adjusting the post processing effects?

I have Unreal on Vivid now, I think it looks fantastic any visual nitpicks I have are pretty much Unreal Engine issues as they are presant in other games using the engine. And I do understand that this game is all about multi, but Epic does need to get some talent in there to help with the story telling aspects of their games.

Dante said:
I have Unreal on Vivid now, I think it looks fantastic any visual nitpicks I have are pretty much Unreal Engine issues as they are presant in other games using the engine. And I do understand that this game is all about multi, but Epic does need to get some talent in there to help with the story telling aspects of their games.

How is "Campaign"? Is there any reason to play it at all?

Synless

DoctorWho said:
From what I played Campaign is a little story segment and then a jump to a mulitiplayer map where you fight bots like you were playing online. Completely retarded, but the story might be worth a view if at least one time.

Synless said:
From what I played Campaign is a little story segment and then a jump to a mulitiplayer map where you fight bots like you were playing online. Completely retarded, but the story might be worth a view if at least one time.

I'm curious if there are any armor permutations that can be unlocked.

Synless

DoctorWho said:
I'm curious if there are any armor permutations that can be unlocked.
If by armor permutations you mean unlockable accessories to customize my character with, then I would like to know this too. Because my character is kinda blah, and I wish I had more to customize with.

Kittonwy

Banned
How do you play this? I have no idea, everything is just a blur to me.
Indifferent2.gif

Synless

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif
Kill everything that moves and don't hesitate or you die!!!!! those are the only rules to live by!!!!!!!! whats you psn kittonwy?

Dante

DoctorWho said:

For someone like me who doesn't play many multi-player games it's great because it teaches you how to play all the different multi player modes, and practice, however the story is utterly retarded.

Also what are the "cards" you get in campaign?

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

Yeah I actually had to slow down the turning and aiming in the control options, I can't even imagine how people play this faster on the PC.

jacket320

UT3.jpg

Frag time!

jacket320 in the thread: Upcoming NA Releases: 12/9 - 12/22 (The Orange Box PS3 said:
http://www.zombieculture.com/img/upcoming/ut3ps3.jpg[img]

Looking forward to reading reviews. I might not pick it up [i]this[/i] week but I'll get it eventually.[/QUOTE]

I am weak.

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif
how do i play this?

goo gun goo gun goo gun goo gun goo gun goo gun goo gun.

it's fucking fun.

Dante said:
Yeah I actually had to slow down the turning and aiming in the control options, I can't even imagine how people play this faster on the PC.
i have mouse speed maxed out. i wish i could turn it up more.

the few games i've played on a pad, i've used the defaults whatever they are. seemed fine. i actually did almost as well with a pad as i'd been doing without it.

hard as hell to pull off ninja goo shots on a pad though, which reduces my fun somewhat. been using the link gun and blue spike gun shots mostly when i've been on a pad. that's seemed to keep me alive the best.

Sanjuro

It says there is a patch available. 1.1. Does this fix anything? Also do I NEED to put it on a storage device to install it?

SanjuroTsubaki said:
It says there is a patch available. 1.1. Does this fix anything? Also do I NEED to put it on a storage device to install it?
only for pc. yeah. silly that it tells us that in the ps3 version, but there you go.

Sanjuro

Now for my trolling moment. This ISN'T a bad game. IMO its just a shame that people defend the flaws of the PS3 online by saying "Hey it's the Playstation online you should expect that" when every month or so Sony makes a statement claiming to best or get up to XBOX Live caliber. The lack of headset support for a title like this is just mind-boggling even if it is just a glitch for the moment. Imagine if Halo 3 of COD4 did the same for XBOX what the reaction would be on here?

I dunno this game is just on the top of a giant fence right now. :(

Halvie

Banned
Has anyone found a way to turn the retarded sayings off at the end of matches? I really can't fathom someone at epic thought it was a good idea to put those in there....

Dante

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Now for my trolling moment. This ISN'T a bad game. IMO its just a shame that people defend the flaws of the PS3 online by saying "Hey it's the Playstation online you should expect that" when every month or so Sony makes a statement claiming to best or get up to XBOX Live caliber. The lack of headset support for a title like this is just mind-boggling even if it is just a glitch for the moment. Imagine if Halo 3 of COD4 did the same for XBOX what the reaction would be on here?

It's not a Sony issue, It's and Epic issue that they are fixing.

Sanjuro

Dante said:
It's not a Sony issue, It's and Epic issue that they are fixing.
I know. I'm just venting. This is frustrating to own a console twice in its first year and not have ONE memorable gaming moment on the thing other than playing SOtC for a second time.

SanjuroTsubaki said:

Er, it's hard to bitch about Sony when another developer just released an online-focused game with perfectly functional voice support. Maybe there is something that makes it more difficult to implement on PS3, but then you'd still expect the developer to make sure it works as advertised.

Just picked up my copy on PS3! :D I used to be a hardcore unreal nut, and I'm looking forward to kicking all your ass' online.

If you're up to it, add me

PSN = Prelude514

Frag time :D

Lefty42o

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Er, it's hard to bitch about Sony when another developer just released an online-focused game with perfectly functional voice support. Maybe there is something that makes it more difficult to implement on PS3, but then you'd still expect the developer to make sure it works as advertised.

its the no mic with the system that hurts it the most. majority if gamers on the ps3 and psn have no mics. i found out today my mic works fine. if you don't have a mic you can not hear others with mics. so for a game to just come out it will take some time to build a user base and than we might have more people with mics.

next since we have no in game xmb access we are tied to the devs making a robust ingame messaging and text system. this to epic fails at. you can not read messages sent to you while in game. you have to jump out of your server and go to community to read your messages. no in game text other than preset orders and taunts.

so its a combo of sony's xmb friends list access and choice not to include a mic and with epic keeping the game as close to the pc version that the console centric communication tools are not there. next i see no option to have mic only or no mic rooms. showing no thought was out in by epic on how a split community, those with mics those without, would interact.

DeadGzuz said:
I'd be overjoyed not to hear all the idiots screaming in their mics, great work Epic!

thats why there is a mute voice selection. next if you do not have a mic you can not hear those with one. as a hardcore online gamer specially on live its not that bad and its positives go well beyond the negatives. now if there was no option to turn off voice communication or it was forced out your speakers than you would have a point.

i am more shocked at the fact there is no way to communicate in the game or in the lobby at all.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
plagiarize said:
only for pc. yeah. silly that it tells us that in the ps3 version, but there you go.
I found that odd as well. Why would they mention 1.1 on the PS3?

Hopefully they will continue to patch the game to keep up with PC improvements, though.

Lefty42o

Banned
dark10x said:
I found that odd as well. Why would they mention 1.1 on the PS3?

Hopefully they will continue to patch the game to keep up with PC improvements, though.

cause the whole interface is the same as the pc version. they made no distinction and when connected they will be using the same news channel to give info. pc or ps3. lazy on epic and that laziness is the reason we have such poor communication options in game .

Apollo

Banned
I was playing lasts night and someone had a fast mod server up. I didn't download no mod I just joined the server and the gameplay was super fasts like the PC version. The only problem is if you have your mouse sensitivity low you will be moving super fasts but turning super slow.

Well, I just started the campaign to see how it is before I go online. First thing I had to change was the mouse sensitivity... Took that shit from 6 (pathetic) to 20. I have to say I was expecting a bit more from the graphics, but I've only played for about 5 minutes. Hearing the old UT music gave me shivers :lol

I'm down for a GAF game, especially if it's shock rifle instagib!

If enough people want to play I could host.

Gaf Name/ PSN Name
Lefty42o Lefty420
Broadbandito Broadbandit
Dralla DirtyWorm
dark10x dark1x
bad-joey badjoey
DenogginizerOS Denogginizer
theBishop theBishop
Nightz N1ghtz
Aeon712 Aeon712
Costanza CostanzaGAF
cameltoe cameltow
BeeDog BeeDog
Dante Jenovah
nickslicl HellsHalfHalo
Wollan Wollan
Bebpo Bebpo or Bebpojp
Firewire Spartan666
.hacked morphixPS
Shawnwhann ProfessaSkillz
Satori Sattori
Tonx Tonx
mr stroke mr stroke
jacket320 jacket320
AlxRymnd914 Alias2k9
darkressurection monkyofdoom
DoctorWho Proteus4
number1jagsfan number1jagsfan
inner-G KiLLBeAsT
NameGenerated Name_Generated
TwIsTeD dizzyd
linkzg linkzg64
g35twinturbo g35twinturbo
AltogetherAndrews PoisonMarket
Captain N Captain_N
Guts Of Thor GutsOfThor
ascii42 ascii42
m3freak m3freak
Corran Horn Corran
Pai Pai Master PaiPai
DIrtyWeasel CloudOne
Haklong Haklong
Firestreak Firestreak
Gattsu25 Gattsu25
RavenFox VectorRaven
SuperEnemyCrab BravoSuperStar
Chemo Chemoglobin
Kittonwy Kittonwy
Prelude514 Prelude514
DeejayKnight DeejayKnight
grendelrt grendelrt
plagiarize plagiarize
h3ro m0nkeyhero
Lupinko SuperkingGCNET
EktorPR EktorOni
gbovo gbovo
Ashhong Ashhong
Roxas Goonboy
Trevelyan Trevelyan
Z_Y Z_Y

Updated list! (12/13)

prelude514 said:
Well, I just started the campaign to see how it is before I go online. First thing I had to change was the mouse sensitivity... Took that shit from 6 (pathetic) to 20. I have to say I was expecting a bit more from the graphics, but I've only played for about 5 minutes. Hearing the old UT music gave me shivers :lol

I'm down for a GAF game, especially if it's shock rifle instagib!

If enough people want to play I could host.

I think that is all I would ever play in past UT games.

Same here... I must have gone through a mouse pad playing that. Ah, good memories... Hopefully it'll be as good this time around.. :D

Add me if you have it on PS3, I could use an instagib buddy.

Haklong

Linkzg said:
wtf, my game crashed 2 times in the past hour.

Same here. I was getting a mega kill on my way to an ultra (or is it monster?) when it happend. I restarted, went into another game and it froze as soon as I spawned. Hope they can resolve this with a patch.

Haklong said:
Same here. I was getting a mega kill on my way to an ultra (or is it monster?) when it happend. I restarted, went into another game and it froze as soon as I spawned. Hope they can resolve this with a patch.

Out of curiosity, did it chug a couple of times right before it locked up? Sort of a *stutter....stutter....stop*?

Top Bottom