• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

Lefty42o

Banned
plagiarize said:
SUCCESS. 26th.

taking a break to check out the burnout demo.

good games Lefty... hope you get your stride back on soon.

i'll be getting a headset when i can afford one. not sure when that'll be. hopefully this weekend but we'll see.

yeah you had some good games. i was laid back n the recliner and man i was sucking. sat up those last couple.

got you with that biorifle a few times on biohazard. never felt so good to see "you killed plagiarize"

just had a game where i had 15 kills and no one else on my team had more than 2. so frustrating

fell back to 600 rank. i think it has to do with winning not how good you do. maybe i am wrong.

taking a break to do lil more work and get ready to get the daughter off the bus. will cathc up with you when i see you back on

Firewire

Banned
plagiarize said:

Awesome read! I knew you liked the goo gun, but damn! I must admit I kinda thought it was a lame weapon, but now I think I'll have to pay more attention to it!

Oh, and its cool that Cliffy B, responded to you!

From the second article

And finally, and most importantly, could you put a bot into the game called Dr Foxy, that almost exclusively uses the goo gun? I'll be your best friend.

Cliffy B: That would require a cash deposit.

:lol

Lefty42o said:
yeah you had some good games. i was laid back n the recliner and man i was sucking. sat up those last couple.

got you with that biorifle a few times on biohazard. never felt so good to see "you killed plagiarize"

just had a game where i had 15 kills and no one else on my team had more than 2. so frustrating

fell back to 600 rank. i think it has to do with winning not how good you do. maybe i am wrong.

taking a break to do lil more work and get ready to get the daughter off the bus. will cathc up with you when i see you back on
i've been trying to work out what ranking is based on. it isn't kills/deaths. it isn't total kills... and those three last games where my team lost didn't hurt my rank much...

i think it's based on the rank of the people you finish above and below.

i'm ranked above a lot of people with better kills/deaths ratios and above people with like, 3000 kills, 2000 deaths (or similar). so it must be comparative to a degree.

on paper Aeon should be ahead of me in terms of kills/deaths... but he isn't.

Teknopathetic said:
It's marginally based on who you've killed, but at the same time it only really benefits folks with lots of play time.
so how am i ranked above people with six times as many kill as me?

there's plenty of people high up with a fraction of the kills i have too. i'd just love to know what the weighting is.

Aeon712

BobTheFork said:
NOOOOOOOO I can't play yet and I'm falling behind : ( My final is at 530 and Ill pick up a copy on the way home. I'm trimming my psn list so UT3 ps3 people add me.

Aeon: are you using the controller? How is it?
pretty freaking sweet, the buttons are laid out like Resistance so it was easy to pick up. My rank has moved up to 141 with 450 kills and 255 deaths, Just played a bunch of Deathmatches against some guy named iNightmar3, who was the 48th ranked. Was good times.

Anyone notice how hard the friend request option is? Someone sends me one and I accept but it then sends them back one I guess waiting for them to accept. Plagiarize I accepted yours earlier but it still doesn't show you on my friends list.

Firewire

Banned
Aeon712 said:
pretty freaking sweet, the buttons are laid out like Resistance so it was easy to pick up. My rank has moved up to 141 with 450 kills and 255 deaths, Just played a bunch of Deathmatches against some guy named iNightmar3, who was the 48th ranked. Was good times.

Anyone notice how hard the friend request option is? Someone sends me one and I accept but it then sends them back one I guess waiting for them to accept. Plagiarize I accepted yours earlier but it still doesn't show you on my friends list.

Plagiarize sent me one yesterday that I accepted & sent back (?) It took about 20 minutes for him to show up on my friends list.

tanod

when is my burrito
Aeon712 said:

That is a smart design choice. Now if OB was that way. :(

Also, looking at plagiarize's screenshots, that interface looks friggin slick. I like it.

damn you all there will be a reckoning, as soon as i get back, after waiting 45 minutes at BestBuy for someone to open that stupid case. Aeon, BB has then now right?

Aeon712

BobTheFork said:
damn you all there will be a reckoning, as soon as i get back, after waiting 45 minutes at BestBuy for someone to open that stupid case. Aeon, BB has then now right?
Yup Tup, BB got them Tuesday morning :D.

Aeon712 said:
Yup Tup, BB got them Tuesday morning :D.
I was thinking of getting a new, mouse/trckball but I think I'll stick with the controller if it plays like resistance. We'll see. I'll get back around 10 est so look for me.

DeadGzuz

Banned
I just picked up three copies from BB (two for friends). They had five I think. I popped it in at lunch, wow it looks and sounds great. It plays like UT that I remember.

Dammit.. why no crossplatform play :(

I'd love to hang out with you guys, the ps3 scene seems to be much better than on the pc at the moment. It would be great to set the pc game to -20% gamespeed and join ps3 kb/m games.

Alas :/.

sutdawg

Aeon do you have off tonight, if so I can't wait for the AEON EFFECT to fail against me! :lol DAMN! I wanted to play last night, but we stayed on Resistance too long late.

The Chef

You guys always get me so excited to get home and play.

I have been skimming quickly through here - does everyone, for the most part, use a key/mouse?

Ive been kickin it with the controller which works pretty dang well but I have noticed that there are so many servers for key/mouse.

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
Aeon do you have off tonight, if so I can't wait for the AEON EFFECT to fail against me! :lol DAMN! I wanted to play last night, but we stayed on Resistance too long late.
Yup and :(.

Lefty42o

Banned
The Chef said:
You guys always get me so excited to get home and play.

I have been skimming quickly through here - does everyone, for the most part, use a key/mouse?

Ive been kickin it with the controller which works pretty dang well but I have noticed that there are so many servers for key/mouse.

i use a controller. have the sensitivity set to 8.

bounce between 700 and 400 rank.

antiloop

InsertCredit said:
Dammit.. why no crossplatform play :(

I'd love to hang out with you guys, the ps3 scene seems to be much better than on the pc at the moment. It would be great to set the pc game to -20% gamespeed and join ps3 kb/m games.

Alas :/.

That's not a bad idea, at all. Someone should speak with Mark Rein about that.

Would also need to lock fps to 30.

antiloop said:
That's not a bad idea, at all. Someone should speak with Mark Rein about that.

Would also need to lock fps to 30.

The entire PC community would quit playing the game if it was locked at 30, and would probably abandon epic. I can't think of a bigger "fuck you" to the people that made the company what it is. Will never happen.

But epic may have to allow for cross platform play if they hope to see the same success here that they have had with previous titles.

Matt

WHOAguitarninja said:
The entire PC community would quit playing the game if it was locked at 30, and would probably abandon epic. I can't think of a bigger "fuck you" to the people that made the company what it is. Will never happen.

But epic may have to allow for cross platform play if they hope to see the same success here that they have had with previous titles.
I believe he meant cutting the speed just when cross-platform play was going on...

Im not enjoying this game. The graphics are unimpressive.The maps are confusing.Single player sucks.The core shooting mechanics are shabby,this game needs aim assist.Shawn elliot was right,it feels like you're only landing about 20% of your shots.I'll try and spend more time with it to see if I'm missing something,but I think I might trade this in for orange box.

johnFkennedy said:
Im not enjoying this game. The graphics are unimpressive.The maps are confusing.Single player sucks.The core shooting mechanics are shabby,this game needs aim assist.Shawn elliot was right,it feels like you're only landing about 20% of your shots.I'll try and spend more time with it to see if I'm missing something,but I think I might trade this in for orange box.

If you're not feeling it than I would certainly trade it for orange box, but saying the maps are confusing, the shooting mechanics are poor, and the game needs aim assist tells me you're just not very good at the game yet.

It's a very different beast than what console gamers are used to. I would reccomend playing it with a mouse and KB if you have a usb mouse and KB lying around.

"this game needs aim assist."

No, *you* need aim assist. Don't blame the game if you can't hit shit. The core shooting mechanics are just fine.

Halvie

Banned
Spray and pray works really well in COD4 so I don't think acc is as important in that as it is in this. At least my k/d keeps going up in COD4 as my acc keeps going down.

Matt said:
I believe he meant cutting the speed just when cross-platform play was going on...
That.

As for the aim assist cr*p: Just stick to instagib DM with a very high mouse sesitvity. When you're able to do headshots while bunnyhopping all around you're set.

Teknopathetic said:
"this game needs aim assist."

No, *you* need aim assist. Don't blame the game if you can't hit shit. The core shooting mechanics are just fine.

I'm sure my shots would be more accurate if I was playing the pc version,but a game this fast paced on a console needs aim assist.

Top Bottom