• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

"Longbow AVRIL? What did they change from UT2k4's AVRIL? (i'm still waiting to recieve UT3)"

Nothing. Still works the same.

"As for the aim assist cr*p: Just stick to instagib DM with a very high mouse sesitvity. When you're able to do headshots while bunnyhopping all around you're set."

Bunnyhopping does not help you. It actually makes you easier to hit.

"I'm sure my shots would be more accurate if I was playing the pc version,but a game this fast paced on a console needs aim assist."

Fair enough. Use a KB/M instead of a gamepad.

h3ro

johnFkennedy said:
I'm sure my shots would be more accurate if I was playing the pc version,but a game this fast paced on a console needs aim assist.

Maybe a Keyboard/Mouse set up would help? FragFX seems to be popular too...

Alias03

Loving this game. I havent gotten into an Unreal game since '99. Most was due to having a poor computer and not because I didn't care for the games.

PSN: Alias03

send invite if you wanna play

CAVE343

I dont think the weapons even allow aimassist. For example:
Rockets arent ment to shot in the face, they are way more effective with splatter damage.
The Flak cannon is also a "spray" weapon with a broad range. Putting on aimassist would make it a one shot one kill parade because a well aimed flak shot is a kill.
Same goes for the plasma rifle, prim. fire is a slow moving projectile, if you want to hit with it its more about predicting where your enemy is heading.

The whole game is about predicting and player movement.

To sum things up, the only hitscan heavy weapons are the prim shock, minigun and the sniper rifle. All other weapons arent hitscan (direct hit) weapons, thats why aimassist isnt needed because it can only mess up your aiming game.

Teknopathetic said:
[...]

Bunnyhopping does not help you. It actually makes you easier to hit.

[...]
That may be, but it sure helps you learn to aim.

Why do I feel left in the cold with my pc version .. It's rather tempting to go out and get the ps3 version. That says a lot considering the franchise.

CAVE343

InsertCredit said:
That may be, but it sure helps you learn to aim.

Why do I feel left in the cold with my pc version .. It's rather tempting to go out and get the ps3 version. That says a lot considering the franchise.

In UT bunny hopping is useless, I think when you can hit while dodging your going places.
Also when you can hit your shock combos while moving helps a lot.

Nizz

Anyone try the option for the different post processing effects on the PS3 version yet? I've left it at default, but maybe I'll try Vivid option tonight...

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
fps fanatic said:
Anyone try the option for the different post processing effects on the PS3 version yet? I've left it at default, but maybe I'll try Vivid option tonight...
I use Vivid, Intense was just too much bloom, have yet to try muted.

TONX said:
That happened to me too, is it a wireless mouse? what i did was pull a battery out and put it back in right away and it worked. so odd, but it happened to me a few times.

Nah, all three mice I tried were USB... Maybe I'll try cutting the wires and reconnecting them. :p

So, nobody else has had my problem??????

repost:

prelude514 said:
I'm fucking pissed right now. I played a few games using my USB keyboard and mouse, quit the game to answer some messages, start the game up again, and no more fucking mouse. I tried EVERYTHING. I quit multiple times, deleted both the installed game data and the save/settings file twice, and still nothing. I used a Logitec MX 510 mouse when I played, I've tried another Logitec mouse, and some cheap generic mouse. They all work in the XMB, but none work in the game. Keyboard still works fine.

Right now the game is useless to me, there's no way I can play with a controller after playing every Unreal game on PC.

Anybody else have this problem? I'll start looking through this thread, but with my luck I'm the only person on earth with this issue.

DoctorWho said:
Is there no way to select a search for servers with specific mutators like instagib?

I was about to try and figure that out last night, but then my mouse took a shit on me. I haven't even bothered booting the game today. Maybe I should go give my mouse another try....

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
xaningamecd6.jpg

that was the most boring game ever, I literally waited over 5 minutes at my base with the flag hoping my team went and killed the other guy with our flag at their base.

finally they double teamed me and took me out, but that was so boring.

Firewire said:
Working fine tonight. Button press sux though!

call me dumb. Do we have to hold down right on the dpad or voice chat like halo. tap it, talk and it cuts out?

btw Played some games today, felt really strong in most of them. I am studying for a bio exam right now but will take a 30 min break to come play

I have only had one problem with Unreal Tournament 3 on the PS3. When i was joining my friend to do some Online co-op it froze 3 times in a row. Had to turn off my PS3. Other than that everything is smooth sailing.

This thread only has 30 pages. =(

More people need to buy this game. I'm more addicted to it than I was with Halo 3, Resistance and Call of Duty 4. Are people waiting for PS3 reviews? Why is 1up the only major reviewer to review the PS3 version so far?

EDIT: Just noticed IGN gave it a 9.0. Awesome! Why isn't it in that slideshow with the top news? I could hardly notice it.

dralla

ok so I finally got a chance to try Warfare, 16 players, ran with minimal lag. and wtf, it's awesome. easily the most fun I've had with the game so far. I got lucky and my team was actually smart, using team work, vehicles, orbs, everything. If only Epic can get the voice chat working. The vehicles are fucken awesome too, and the dont feel over powered sicne they can be taken down with the RL, which is damn near everywhere. I tried inviting people into the game to witness the awesomeness but I guess they were in games already.

2 stand out moments. 1. Me on foot, vs Dark Walker. A Nightshade dropped the deployable cover, I was on one side of it, the DW on the other. I took him down using the RL and using the shield as cover. 2. Me sniping 2 scavengers, 1 bullet killed each one, getting a double kill.

Only thing I don't really like is how fast Orb's respawn. They're so key in winning the game but they intantly spawn.

IGN Review
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/841/841413p1.html

Man, I haven't played since the first UT but I'm ready to grab this game tomorrow. I'm just waiting for HR to open in the morning so I can grab our company x-mas gift of a $50 Target gift card. :lol

CBal2424 said:
Does anyone else think the Link gun is to powerful?

Good GOD yes. It takes about 3-4 shots to kill someone with primary fire. It's ridiculously overpowered. In my 168 hours of playing UT2k4 on one server, I only accrued 149 frags with the link gun. That because I didn't like it.

I'll grab the Link Gun over ANYTHING else in UT3. Just spam the primary fire into a group of baddies and you've got yourself a multi-kill. Secondary fire is pretty much useless because primary is so powerful.

That's actually my main issue with the game; *EVERY* weapon is overpowered. The Enforcer is CRAZY overpowered. It's my second most lethal weapon and that's whack for a starter weapon.

Well, I do miss my dodge-jump like mad. That's my other issue with the game. But I'll learn to deal with it.

I was totally shocked when I went to check out the leaderboards and I was at 44th :0 I am going to take a picture and frame it LAWL

I'm enjoying the game the more I play it. I was pretty bitter at the changes from UT2k4, since I hold it dear to my heart, but UT3 is a nice, fun game. We just need user-made maps with more color/character and we're set :D

AND HOW do you not ship the game with any kind of Facing Worlds map!? That's blasphemy. And speaking of maps, I want my Morpheus, TokaraForest, Albatross, Grendelkeep, DesertIsle and Antalus!

CBal2424

Banned
Ya I usually grab the link gun now, ive gotten a ton of multi kills with it, but I feel cheap using it, my favorite gun is probaly the stinger it seems to be the only gun I can shot accurate with the controller.

I love hooking onto vehicles with the hover board to get a quick flag capture

Seems like I play much better in free-for-all deathmatch than with teams. Yesterday my record was exactly 152-152 when playing mostly TDM. Today playing mostly solo deathmatch, I had 70 more kills than deaths.

Stats never reset do they? I'll be stuck with my poor start included into my kill/death total.

magus

How many PS3 servers are there? Are they mostly full? I want to buy this but I want to know how many people are playing.

DIrtyWeasel said:
Seems like I play much better in free-for-all deathmatch than with teams. Yesterday my record was exactly 152-152 when playing mostly TDM. Today playing mostly solo deathmatch, I had 70 more kills than deaths.

Stats never reset do they? I'll be stuck with my poor start included into my kill/death total.

I don't have the game yet but have you tried deleting your save? =]

magus said:
How many PS3 servers are there? Are they mostly full? I want to buy this but I want to know how many people are playing.
I wish there were more people playing, ran into some of the same people several times and even recognized some GAF names. There always seems to be decent Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch games running (i've played various times ranging from Noon to 3AM PST). CTF, Vehicle CTF, and Warfare tend to have like 10 or less servers during the day with only 2 or 3 being full. I've never seen anyone in Duel yet.

magus said:
I don't have the game yet but have you tried deleting your save? =]
I don't know why I didn't try that, haha. Oh well, It's too late now. I don't want to start over because i'll feel like the ~ 5 hours I put into the game will have been for nothing. I don't care too much about my kill/death ratio anyway, nobody sees it except for friends.

TheMissingLink said:
Good GOD yes. It takes about 3-4 shots to kill someone with primary fire. It's ridiculously overpowered. In my 168 hours of playing UT2k4 on one server, I only accrued 149 frags with the link gun. That because I didn't like it.

I'll grab the Link Gun over ANYTHING else in UT3. Just spam the primary fire into a group of baddies and you've got yourself a multi-kill. Secondary fire is pretty much useless because primary is so powerful.

That's actually my main issue with the game; *EVERY* weapon is overpowered. The Enforcer is CRAZY overpowered. It's my second most lethal weapon and that's whack for a starter weapon.

Well, I do miss my dodge-jump like mad. That's my other issue with the game. But I'll learn to deal with it.

I was totally shocked when I went to check out the leaderboards and I was at 44th :0 I am going to take a picture and frame it LAWL

I'm enjoying the game the more I play it. I was pretty bitter at the changes from UT2k4, since I hold it dear to my heart, but UT3 is a nice, fun game. We just need user-made maps with more color/character and we're set :D

AND HOW do you not ship the game with any kind of Facing Worlds map!? That's blasphemy. And speaking of maps, I want my Morpheus, TokaraForest, Albatross, Grendelkeep, DesertIsle and Antalus!
you can still dodge jump on a pad. i guess they took it away from us mouse and keyboard users to give the pad users at least one advantage.

Gattsu25

Banned
JonAmikar said:
Xan!

Random thoughts:

I reached rank 159 last night

not going to be able to get a M&KB like I hoped

UT CTF is still the only CTF I honestly enjoy.

The stinger/minigun alt-fire is awesome

plagiarize rocks at CTF. Teamwork is everything

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
plagiarize said:
you can still dodge jump on a pad. i guess they took it away from us mouse and keyboard users to give the pad users at least one advantage.
OK, I haven't tried this yet, but can mouse/key players join games with pad players?

Aeon712

dralla said:
ok so I finally got a chance to try Warfare, 16 players, ran with minimal lag. and wtf, it's awesome. easily the most fun I've had with the game so far. I got lucky and my team was actually smart, using team work, vehicles, orbs, everything. If only Epic can get the voice chat working. The vehicles are fucken awesome too, and the dont feel over powered sicne they can be taken down with the RL, which is damn near everywhere. I tried inviting people into the game to witness the awesomeness but I guess they were in games already.

2 stand out moments. 1. Me on foot, vs Dark Walker. A Nightshade dropped the deployable cover, I was on one side of it, the DW on the other. I took him down using the RL and using the shield as cover. 2. Me sniping 2 scavengers, 1 bullet killed each one, getting a double kill.

Only thing I don't really like is how fast Orb's respawn. They're so key in winning the game but they intantly spawn.

IGN Review
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/841/841413p1.html
After M3 reads this post he's never gonna stop asking for warfare :lol.

lexi

Banned
JonAmikar said:
Its a lot better than UT2004...

lol.

What are you basing this on, that it looks prettier? Cause that's the ONLY thing it has on UT2004 right now. UT2004 is in a different league compared to this game right now.

"What are you basing this on, that it looks prettier? Cause that's the ONLY thing it has on UT2004 right now. UT2004 is in a different league compared to this game right now."

I pretty much can't play UT2K4 anymore after UT3. UT2K4 is pretty floaty in comparison and the hitscan domination is rather boring.

I *do* sorta miss some of the acrobatics folks could pull off with the shieldgun, though.

h3ro

I hope the fact that the PS3 version seems to be getting lots of attention and selling well means that the MOD community really starts churning out some PS3 mods soon!

Anyone have any info on when Epic plans to start the "Port to PS3" function?

Top Bottom