• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

Teknopathetic said:
"Yeah, there is invincibility. I think it's on the map "Fearless" (whatever the one with the statue of the guy is). The whole map is actually built around it. When it spawns in the lighting and music all change. I don't think it's in any other map"

You know, I've played on fearless and I've noticed some crazy bloom out of nowhere (music disabled), but never noticed anyone invincible. *shrug*

Fearless, AFAIK, is like underground and dark and crap. I'd have to load up UT3 to check.
i've definately had an invincibility power up. it was on that double layer map, with the lower moat with few weapons and the high ring with the goo, flak and other stuff. can't remember the name. might have been fearless. is the statue by the rocket launcher (which is at the bottom of a flight of stairs). i grabbed it from the middle.

dralla said:
8axrywj.gif
hahaha... awesome.

Link Gun primary could always kill people in a few hits. However they've sped up the projectile speed and RoF so that's probably why you're being more successful with it.

the link gun is awesome now. nothing says 'i just killed everyone on your team' like the link gun. i do prefer using the stinger alt fire though. it's not quite as fast, but it's so fun pinning people to walls, and the shots do knock your enemies about a bit.

dralla, have you broken the top 100 at all yet? you must have done right?

congrats :)

played a few games with Gattsu and Dark. i sucked badly in the first couple after dark joined. there's still a couple of maps i'm noticably much weaker at than the others (Shangri La and the one with the sewers and the long tunnels)... but then there's a few maps that i'm really comfortable on. Arsenal, Sanctuary, Rising Sun and Heat Ray seem to be the ones i perform best on.

Heat Ray kind of surprises me. it's the more open maps where i seem to do badly, but that one is really open and i'm really rather comfortable on it. generally the tighter an area the better... for me at least.

hopefully we can get some of us together on the same team for some CTF. i've only played a little with Gattsu and i'd love to play some more.

I've been doing some digging trying to get to the bottom of the shit performance I'm getting...and it seems to be something inherent in alot of the epic maps. The custom maps I've downloaded I can all lock at 60fps at 1680x1050 with max details...while the epic maps run like absolute dogshit. It seems to be a common problem as there is a huge thread about it at the epic boards...some people with monster rigs are running at horrendous framerates while some with modest computers are locked at 60. Very weird.

Any way, I downloaded a map pack with some early custom maps...some of them are actually quite good. All of them run ENORMOUSLY better than the official epic maps do on my computer also. Heres a few shots...

8a2lmr6.jpg

6shk1o7.jpg

8331s43.jpg

80umbs8.jpg

7xl6hwi.jpg

This one should look a bit familiar to a few people:D
82c0yn8.jpg

8elk4sg.jpg

734bic2.jpg

Theres another Q3 map thats in there too, but it looks like absolute shit so I didn't take a pic.

Anway, the pack can be downloaded (PC version...don't know of any PS3 version) here...
http://files.filefront.com/Custom+Map+Packrar/;9261007;/fileinfo.html

Thanks to dcfan60 at the official Epic UT3 boards for posting this.

Teknopathetic said:
Dude, Whoa, we need to have a GAF DM session on QDM17.

Indeed. Monday? I'm done finals then and I really can't spend much time not studying until then.

Once the "export to PS3" function works I'm sure it'll be ported (hell I'll try and port it if it's not...assuming I do just have to hit a button).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DM17! I JUST SAW DM17!

GottiDC

Banned
anyone notice that there allot of people online for this game to be only out for 5 days on psn.
do you think this game sold more than 150k in its fisrt week i think so there are so many severs, with lots of peopl in them, more than the people who play it on pc!!!!!

Tuesday? I'm pretty much good anytime after tommorow (not including tommorow) as my exam is first thing in the morning. Tuesday or wednesday would have to probably be the late evening as I'll be heading back home one of those days and won't have my computer hooked up until that evening.

BTW. I should say that the map here feels smaller than it did in Q3. May be my imagination, but I was playing with 5 bots and it was a mad house.

"Tuesday? I'm pretty much good anytime after tommorow (not including tommorow) as my exam is first thing in the morning. Tuesday or wednesday would have to probably be the late evening as I'll be heading back home one of those days and won't have my computer hooked up until that evening.

BTW. I should say that the map here feels smaller than it did in Q3. May be my imagination, but I was playing with 5 bots and it was a mad house."

Tuesday night at 9ish est?

I guess it's official, I can not fucking play first person shooters with thumbstick controls anymore. I can't track targets worth shit, and neither inverted nor normal aiming feel natural. This is just fucking sad. I guess I'll be forced to hook up the keyboard and mouse after all. :/

besada

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
I guess it's official, I can not fucking play first person shooters with thumbstick controls anymore. I can't track targets worth shit, and neither inverted nor normal aiming feel natural. This is just fucking sad. I guess I'll be forced to hook up the keyboard and mouse after all. :/

Maybe it will get better? If not, that's terrible man. Sorry to hear it.

besada said:
Maybe it will get better? If not, that's terrible man. Sorry to hear it.

Yeah... you know it's trouble when you find yourself yelling "he's right there, kill him!" to yourself. But instead of the usual smooth tracking and elimination, my aim goes either straight into the ground or up in the sky, and then I'm dead. I'm sure it looks hilarious to spectators.

MoxManiac

AltogetherAndrews said:
Yeah... you know it's trouble when you find yourself yelling "he's right there, kill him!" to yourself. But instead of the usual smooth tracking and elimination, my aim goes either straight into the ground or up in the sky, and then I'm dead. I'm sure it looks hilarious to spectators.

Heh, sounds like me and CoD4. I'm sure people get a good laugh at the kill cam when i manage to kill them by shooting their feet.

Keyboard+mouse support is so refreshing. I've never been able to use a pad at all for this genre.

LCGeek

formerly sane
MoxManiac said:
Heh, sounds like me and CoD4. I'm sure people get a good laugh at the kill cam when i manage to kill them by shooting their feet.

Keyboard+mouse support is so refreshing. I've never been able to use a pad at all for this genre.

If KB&M players want to use it on the console with almost native like support get XFPS+XIM (or anything that is pc compatible), a little expensive but it you will never bitch about control choices again.

dralla

after a few hours of awesome warfare modes, im up to 19 on the leaderboards. according to webster, this deservers a "w00t"

Avalanche
Downtown
Serenity
Onyx Coast
Tolan

best WF maps so far. still need to try out all the others

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
dralla said:
after a few hours of awesome warfare modes, im up to 19 on the leaderboards. according to webster, this deservers a "w00t"

Avalanche
Downtown
Serenity
Onyx Coast
Tolan

best WF maps so far. still need to try out all the others
Wow. I have only tried Avalanche and I love Warfare already. Sooo good. Hopping on now.

dralla

DenogginizerOS said:
Wow. I have only tried Avalanche and I love Warfare already. Sooo good. Hopping on now.

what you need to do is find a good host, send him a FR. I found these SIN guys, they always host, very stable with minimal lag. I added them to my list and I always have games to join

Madman

AltogetherAndrews said:
I would just keep playing. You should be able to rebuild your skills. UT3 and Resistance are probably too fast paced for proper reacclimation though.

MoxManiac

LCGeek said:
If KB&M players want to use it on the console with almost native like support get XFPS+XIM (or anything that is pc compatible), a little expensive but it you will never bitch about control choices again.

What is XFPS+XIM? Is that hardware?

I just noticed the reason im crashing so much is because im playing in the midway_70 server, everything else seems fine, but that one server is f'ed up.

also, playing defense in either CTF or Warfare is REALLY HARD.

Aeon712

Freaking work and Resistance <3, has kept top only playing Unreal for I think about 6hrs. Next time I'll be free to really play is Tuesday :(.

dralla

holy fuck the campaign is boring. is there a code to unlock all the characters? I entered Phayder and Jihan and got 2 of them, what about the rest

dralla said:
holy fuck the campaign is boring. is there a code to unlock all the characters? I entered Phayder and Jihan and got 2 of them, what about the rest
I agree, from what I played of the campaign it is pretty bad. I think I just had hope for a Gears of War type singeplayer mode, but instead we got multiplayer modes against bots. Oh well, I bought this game for the online multiplayer anyway.

Top Bottom