• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

Firewire

Banned
mr stroke said:
Good luck using it :(

why oh why can't this game have flawless voice chat, is it really THAT hard Epic? I hope Epic stands behind the problem to fix it, but generally if voice chat is broken from the start it will never be completely fixed. :(

On the UT3 forums, they do state that they know about the problems, and they are working on a fix. Also on those same forums allot of people complained about having to key to talk, so Epic kinda asked what setup people would like. I posted that Resistance's chat system works great, and it was noticed on the forums, so hopefully we get something similar.

MoxManiac said:
Why don't you want to use a keyboard/mouse anyways?

For a variety of reasons, but one of the main ones is recurring bouts of carpal-tunnel syndrome (occupational hazard).

I'll try to rent a copy soon and give it a go. Glad to hear that most of you guys are enjoying it.

MoxManiac

beermonkey@tehbias said:
For a variety of reasons, but one of the main ones is recurring bouts of carpal-tunnel syndrome (occupational hazard).

I'll try to rent a copy soon and give it a go. Glad to hear that most of you guys are enjoying it.

Fair enough, I can guarantee you'll have no trouble finding gamepad only servers to play on.

Maaseru

Banned
Hey guys so I saw the game pre-owned in my local Gamestop. MY decision seems a bit easier now,so how's the game really? I haven't played unreal since 2004 demo which was awesome also I've recently had a lot of fun with a Mult. only game Warhawk is the community as good?

Firewire

Banned
Maaseru said:
Hey guys so I saw the game pre-owned in my local Gamestop. MY decision seems a bit easier now,so how's the game really? I haven't played unreal since 2004 demo which was awesome also I've recently had a lot of fun with a Mult. only game Warhawk is the community as good?

The game is awesome, and there are ton's of servers up.

Just got this game yesterday (PS3) but have yet to play online. Will probably be on around 7pm EST, if anyone wants to add me feel free.
PSN: minimumhippo

CBal2424

Banned
I havnt used a kb/m yet but ive been dominating with the controller, I cant believe how great this game controls, and Dralla after I seen your .gif of u running that scorpion into the wall, I started doing that to other vehicles. Didnt know you could do that, this game is really addicting I havnt touched my 360 since this game came out.

Uncle AJ

Let's do this.

After 8:00 PM Central
PSN: MoTheHawk

I've only had the game for a few hours, but I still can't figure out how voice chat works. Is it push-to-talk, or automatic? And how can you tell if your voice is coming through? I haven't heard a single soul talk through a mic online yet.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Mo the Hawk said:
Let's do this.

After 8:00 PM Central
PSN: MoTheHawk

I've only had the game for a few hours, but I still can't figure out how voice chat works. Is it push-to-talk, or automatic? And how can you tell if your voice is coming through? I haven't heard a single soul talk through a mic online yet.
Not sure but it might still be borked.

dralla

yea I don't know what central is. how about this, ill put it up in an hour :]

voice chat is fucked up right now, doesn't work very much. Epic is currently fixing it. patch will hopefully be out soon.

btw, if you don't know how to play Warfare I suggest you go into Instant Action and try it out and learn the rules.

and just one tip since there's no way to communicate. at the start of the game, do not take the orb to the primary node. Capture that with a couple of link guns, take the Orb straight to the center node[or enemy primary node, depending on the map] so you can quickly cap 2 nodes and put the other team on the defensive right from the start.

arg. stats are screwin up. I just went down in kills :[

theBishop

Banned
all the sudden, i'm having a lot of fun with this game. i think its because i moved it back into the living room (away from the PC desk).

graphics look incredible now, controls are dialed in to near-perfection.

still don't love vehicle handling.

Just started playing online this evening and having a BLAST with it. I played quite a bit of the first game and 2004 on PC a while back, and while I don't like some of the changes, overall the game is fantastic. I have yet to try out the KB/M control on PS3, but the sixaxis actually works amazingly well. Hope to see some of you online sometime.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
theBishop said:
all the sudden, i'm having a lot of fun with this game. i think its because i moved it back into the living room (away from the PC desk).

graphics look incredible now, controls are dialed in to near-perfection.

still don't love vehicle handling.
I didn't like the vehicle control at default so I switched it to "mixed", now all of the vehicles control the way I want them to.

Safe Bet

Banned
I thought I'd dislike the game, never been a fan of fast-paced shooters, but for some reason I'm having fun with it.

Ronin FTW Bitches...

;)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am extremely pleased with this game. Played for about an hour last night doing team deathmatch. Some of the levels are incredible with regards to detail. Plus, the connections have been Resistance-esque (meaning no lag). I encountered a room where everyone votes for the next level (something I had not seen in the last week but was hoping was present) and it was a consistent 5-v-5 or 6-v-6.

Safe Bet

Banned
I have no fucking clue how to play this game but I'm somehow miraculously managing to get kills.

For the most part, I completely ignore the armor and weapon spawns...

lol

Most players must still be as clueless as I.

Aeon712

strange_booj said:
Did this sell more copies on PS3 or PC?
NPD showed it for the PC at 30-40k, lowest rank on my friends list is 24,338. It should past the PC version in it's second week of release :D.

Safe Bet said:
I have no fucking clue how to play this game but I'm somehow miraculously managing to get kills.

For the most part, I completely ignore the armor and weapon spawns...

lol

Most players must still be as clueless as I.

Since it seems everyone is still fairly new...heres some tips.

Learn the armor spawns on the maps, and get a feel for the time interval between spawns. It can be tough since somtimes spawns don't come back until another player has completely used the one they pick up. (I think shield belt behaves this way). If you're using the KB, map various weapon buttons near your keyes. For example...I have edsf as move, and then q=rocket launcher, f=flak, r=sniper rifle, e=minigun. This puts everything I'm likely to have in any given situation quite close to my fingers. hoverboard/translocater is mapped to the side button on my mouse. For explosive weapons, aim at the feet. Learn to see what your opponent is trying to shoot you with and adjust your movements accordingly. Bunny hopping is generally not gonna help much, but if they have a rocket launcher it may help you avoid splash damage. It also reduces your mobility though so use it wisely.

Firewire

Banned
Aeon712 said:
NPD showed it for the PC at 30-40k, lowest rank on my friends list is 24,338. It should past the PC version in it's second week of release :D.

I can take it, is that number related to me? :(

mauaus

I just have a quick question for you pros out there :p

What are the sensitivity settings are you using for looking arround and turning?

Firewire

Banned
mauaus said:
I just have a quick question for you pros out there :p

What are the sensitivity settings are you using for looking arround and turning?

I'm no pro but...

Controller Sensitivity is on 12 I think

Turn Sensitivity is on 8 or 9.

Safe Bet

Banned
Firewire said:
Controller Sensitivity is on 12 I think

Turn Sensitivity is on 8 or 9.
I need a tight stick, so...

Aim = 8

Turn = 9

I plan to try and up the speed later but right now that feels right..

MoxManiac

WHOAguitarninja said:
Since it seems everyone is still fairly new...heres some tips.

Learn the armor spawns on the maps, and get a feel for the time interval between spawns. It can be tough since somtimes spawns don't come back until another player has completely used the one they pick up. (I think shield belt behaves this way). If you're using the KB, map various weapon buttons near your keyes. For example...I have edsf as move, and then q=rocket launcher, f=flak, r=sniper rifle, e=minigun. This puts everything I'm likely to have in any given situation quite close to my fingers. hoverboard/translocater is mapped to the side button on my mouse. For explosive weapons, aim at the feet. Learn to see what your opponent is trying to shoot you with and adjust your movements accordingly. Bunny hopping is generally not gonna help much, but if they have a rocket launcher it may help you avoid splash damage. It also reduces your mobility though so use it wisely.

Are you talking about the PC version? Can't seem to remap buttons on the keyboard on PS3 :((((

MoxManiac said:
Are you talking about the PC version? Can't seem to remap buttons on the keyboard on PS3 :((((

Are you sure? I thought I had heard somewhere that keyboard keyes were customizable. When you're in the "input" section theres no "keyes" tab in the lower right?

MoxManiac

WHOAguitarninja said:
Are you sure? I thought I had heard somewhere that keyboard keyes were customizable. When you're in the "input" section theres no "keyes" tab in the lower right?

Don't think so, but i'll take a closer look tonight.

Firewire

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Shhhh, no need to put yourself out in the open like that.

Actually last night after my last game I was in the low 12's, so technically allot of people must have played today killing my rank and throwing me in the 24's! So it isn't that bad, I'll try and make up some ground tonight, I just have to stay away from VCTF matches.

I really wish I knew how the scoring & ranking actually works, I tend to finish in the top 5 points wise.

Another thing about armor/weapon spawns, everything is based on 27.5 seconds. For example, the armor vest, thigh pads, jump boots, etc. all spawn after 27.5 seconds after being picked up. The shield belt, u damage, invisibility, all spawn after 55 seconds. The super weapons and invulnerability spawn after 1miniute and 50 seconds. What I do is turn on the game clock and keep track of when I pick stuff up to time it all just right.

Firewire

Banned
Teknopathetic

Can you explain how the scoring & ranking work. Even a guess at how you think it works? I'm truly at a loss to understand how the scoring & ranking work.

Teknopathetic said:
Another thing about armor/weapon spawns, everything is based on 27.5 seconds. For example, the armor vest, thigh pads, jump boots, etc. all spawn after 27.5 seconds after being picked up. The shield belt, u damage, invisibility, all spawn after 55 seconds. The super weapons and invulnerability spawn after 1miniute and 50 seconds. What I do is turn on the game clock and keep track of when I pick stuff up to time it all just right.

Thats clever. I was wondering how you were doing so well at controlling the shield belt on DM17.

You get 1 point for fragging someone. You get 15 points for capturing a flag. You get 2 points? For killing a flag carrier and I think you get 5 points for returning the flag. In warfare, I'm not sure of the numbers, but I'm you probably get 5-6 points for destroying a node (as in beyond the last one to get the hit on it), capturing a node (not sure whether it's just changing one to your team or fully healing it), and destroying the core probably nets you 15 or some such.

"Thats clever. I was wondering how you were doing so well at controlling the shield belt on DM17."

I often completely lose track of it. :lol

Top Bottom