• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

marsomega

Link me to the PS3vsPC graphic comparisson? I tried reading the 1up review and the gamespot review (PS3 version.) They dont' mention anything specific at all.

mr stroke

Anyone heard anything on a voice chat fix yet??
I know Mark said they are "looking into it" but WTF now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!a huge team based multiplayer game with broken communication, if this was Halo 3 there would have been riots by now.
Its been 10 days since the game has launched and not even a confirmed "its broken and there will be fix soon".... :(
Epic=FAIL right now

mr stroke said:
Anyone heard anything on a voice chat fix yet??
I know Mark said they are "looking into it" but WTF now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!a huge team based multiplayer game with broken communication, if this was Halo 3 there would have been riots by now.
Its been 10 days since the game has launched and not even a confirmed "its broken and there will be fix soon".... :(
Epic=FAIL right now

Halo 3, perhaps, although I doubt it. I seem to remember there being months and months of glitching and cheating before a patch for Halo 2 ever made it out, and no one rioted over that.

Nooreo

UntoldDreams said:
The PS3 review is 8.0
The PC review is 6.0

PS3 review
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3164891
6ono1hw.gif

M3Freak

Banned
I've been playing Resistance every night, and have not put much time into UT3, at all.

I'll be playing UT3 this weekend, and all of next week, that's for sure. UT3 is FUN.

dralla

here it is, first user generated content for PS3!
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165140

fucken beaten!

This is just the first little taste of modding on Unreal Tournament 3 for PS3.

Epic didn't make this map. Thomas did and he already released it for PC users of UT3. We didn't do any editing or changes to it. All we did was bring it into the editor and "cook" it into the proper format for the PlayStation 3 and tested it to make sure it ran properly and was good fun. We're waiting on some paperwork from Sony that will allow us to release an editor update so mod creators can do this cook process for themselves. We expect to have that very soon.

Tomorrow we're planning to release some more user-created content: a mutator, a couple more maps, and a new game type!

We have some really cool things of our own in the works (for both PC and PS3 versions of UT3) here at Epic but those are still in development so they're a little further down the road.

Im putting up a server with Shrine, I need to see if people can join it if they havent imported it. maybe itll DL automatically? anyone on?

dralla

someone join my game, Deathmatch. server = "NEW MAP". tell me if it automatically downloads it. someone joined and quit after I killed him a few times :[

Bebpo

Banned
Good times. Playing the new map with bots right now. Procedure was fairly nice and quick, everything worked with no problems.

I just wish they let you download the maps on your PS3 instead of doing PC->PS3.

Druz

I wouldn't say swapping the reviewers would have much effect, maybe it'd lower the PS3 score but not much more.

EFF yeah new content. Been having a blast on ps3 so far, keep the users happy!

The ps3 version is at least an 8.0. Runs great, looks great, been playing online like a madman and no issues. I think the complaints about the PC version being to console geared might have a part here.

Mrbob

I need a memory stick for custom content and manually transfer from pc to ps3?

Lame.

I want to download it directly on the PS3.

besada

Banned
Congratufuckinglations Sony and Epic. First user maps for a shooter on a console. Very suhweet.

Now fix the bit where I can't download it directly, 'kay?

I'm about to load it up. Impressions after a few rounds.

dralla

Mark:

"This map is 17mb. If we enabled auto-download for maps and if users were downloading a 17Mb (there will be MUCH bigger mods than that!) mod from your PS3 it would kill your internet bandwidth to the point that it would SUCK as a game server and it wouldn't be a very good experience. We'll work with Sony and figure out some ways to make the process more seamless in the future but for now this is how you get a mod on to the PS3.

Having said that: there is an exception.... mutators are pretty small so we allow them to be auto-downloaded. So if you go to a server running that mutator it will download automatically and you will be able to play on that server. It won't show up in your "My Content" mutator list but it will be stored in the game's cache for the next time you play a server with that mutator. To get it in your "My Content" list, so you can use it in Instant Action or host game with it turned on, you'll have to go through the install process."

Nooreo

Is it just me?,when i search for a game in UT3 for PS3 theirs like 20 hosts max seriously i was disappointed the list isn't really jam packed with plenty of hosts T___T

dralla

Firewire said:
need to buy one tomorrow, is that pic on 1up the map or is it the new stuff Epic is working on?

that's the map. maybe stating the obvious here, but you don't need a memory stick or SD card, you can use a USB flash drive as well. maybe even an iPod? maybe someone can try it out

besada

Banned
Map Impression:

Map Name: Shrine
Size: Small. 8 Players will be bumping elbows.
Basic Layout: Center open space surrounded by a walkway, floating in the sky. You can easily push/be pushed off the edge. Two other main combat areas than the center space. One with a rocket launcher and small, easily held area, the other a conglomeration of stairs and entryways -- impossible to hold for long and contains the flak gun.

Shock Rifle in between center space and rocket launcher area. A grav lifter near the rocket which takes you onto an area above the center space with health.

The walkway has numerous varieties of health, and few weapons on it. Play largely consists of cycling the walkway, then diving into the center, unless you're camping the rocket launcher.

Decent, but slightly dull overall, with some questionable weapon placement (you can grab the rocket launcher, shock rifle, and flak gun by running in a straight line), and some glitchy bits around the edges. I managed to fall off the walkway and get trapped under a pier, until I leapt to my death.

Oh, the install was easy-peasy. Copy to USB drive, plug, go to my content and import.

Firewire

Banned
dralla said:
that's the map. maybe stating the obvious here, but you don't need a memory stick or SD card, you can use a USB flash drive as well. maybe even an iPod? maybe someone can try it out
damn my gf has my ipod, any recommend for backing up the PS3 and for mods, like size and type?

gbovo

You all realize that you can also use a usb thumbdrive/sd card/mmc card in addition to using a memory stick to transfer the modes from your PC to PS3.

Barnolde

Banned
gbovo said:
You all realize that you can also use a usb thumbdrive/sd card/mmc card in addition to using a memory stick to transfer the modes from your PC to PS3.
A 2GB USB thumbdrive can be had for $20. I didn't know there were people who still lacked them.

Love the new map; very nice to play and was really easy to install.

Top Bottom