• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

Playing this with mouse and thumbstick controls is definitely the way to go. Although, there seems to be a certain view auto-adjust when using that system, does this happen to anyone else?

lol I have more enforcers kills than anything else, as some of yo know first hand : )
I'm off work tonight so I'm ready any time. Someone should start a server.

Oh, BTW why the hell do so many people have ONE map on thier server, its annoying as hell. Its like they think they can farm kills on a single level : p

FIGHT ME, I'm drinking BEER!!!!

BobTheFork said:
lol I have more enforcers kills than anything else, as some of yo know first hand : )
I'm off work tongith so I'm ready any time. Someone shold atart a server.

Oh, BTW why the hell do so many people have ONE map on thier server, its annoying as hell. Its like htye think they can farm kills on a single level : p

You don't say :lol

AltogetherAndrews said:
You don't say :lol
lol damn i didn't edit that fast enough :p Its hard typing with a ps3 controller.

Edit: does anyone think the game is server side favoring? I usually have my own server going, because I don't like the map and options people use. But if I go 25-4 or somthing crazy like that, I always wonder if its because its my server.

Crayon

AltogetherAndrews said:
Playing this with mouse and thumbstick controls is definitely the way to go. Although, there seems to be a certain view auto-adjust when using that system, does this happen to anyone else?

There's options in the Input menu to disable the auto-leveling.

Erebus

I finally received the game yesterday but it wasn't until earlier today that I played. The game is a blast for sure. Classic UT with gorgeous graphics and smooth controls even with Sixaxis! :D

My PSN ID: DarkUsS88

RoH

BobTheFork said:
I'm off work tonight so I'm ready any time. Someone should start a server.

Oh, BTW why the hell do so many people have ONE map on thier server, its annoying as hell. Its like they think they can farm kills on a single level : p

i will fight you

psn redemptor

Crayon

Hey I have a minor announcment for those interested in helping out the community a bit.

There's this guy running this site. ut3mod dot com.

Now this clever and devoted gentleman has set up this site so that as long as you have a memory device with the proper fileplath allready on it, you can download the mods right from your PS3 borwser.

Not only that, but he puts up didecated servers hosting the mods! And not many people are playing them.

I was concerned about that so I contaced him. He said that he was allready getting discouraged with people not using his server.

So, gents. If it suits you, please make a point of looking for the UT3MOD.COM dedicated server when you go to play. When in there, take a second to send invites

Make sure you don't have "Pure Server" checked to yes when browsing. It should be set to "no" or "any". Usually I've seen him host DM and TDM.

This game is poping on PS3 right now and tepid on PC. This may be the UT ball being handed off to the console world. Let's try not to drop it.

Making a point of playing on this server (that is pointing to a website that takes a good step towards wide-spread mod addoption) would be wise for anyone who has the slightest interest in the longevity of this game.

MoxManiac

Crayon said:
Hey I have a minor announcment for those interested in helping out the community a bit.

There's this guy running this site. ut3mod dot com.

Now this clever and devoted gentleman has set up this site so that as long as you have a memory device with the proper fileplath allready on it, you can download the mods right from your PS3 borwser.

Not only that, but he puts up didecated servers hosting the mods! And not many people are playing them.

I was concerned about that so I contaced him. He said that he was allready getting discouraged with people not using his server.

So, gents. If it suits you, please make a point of looking for the UT3MOD.COM dedicated server when you go to play. When in there, take a second to send invites

Make sure you don't have "Pure Server" checked to yes when browsing. It should be set to "no" or "any". Usually I've seen him host DM and TDM.

This game is poping on PS3 right now and tepid on PC. This may be the UT ball being handed off to the console world. Let's try not to drop it.

Making a point of playing on this server (that is pointing to a website that takes a good step towards wide-spread mod addoption) would be wise for anyone who has the slightest interest in the longevity of this game.

Do the servers allow KB/Mouse? If so, i'll give it a try!

Crayon

They were not before but I made a point of telling him that controllers only is often a dealbreaker for mouse users, but not so much the other way around.

Btw, after many hours with the mouse, Redemptor inspired me to try the controller with his face-murdering antics. Shockingly, after an hour I was just as good with a controller. Switching back and forth it appears to make no difference in my performance or playstyle. If there is a real advantage with the mouse, it is not apparent at my level of play.

SOLDIER

How the hell do you voice chat in this game? I'm using a bluetooth but I don't think anyone can hear me, or 90% of PS3 owners still won't use voice chat.

Crayon

Page 45 I have a post with some tips on the voice. Invite me to a game sometime I'll check with you to see if it's working. psn Crayon1981

For most guns, the controller is adequate. Sniper is a weapon that the mouse has a huge advantage with. Well, actually, mouse is better with all the hitscan weapons. Though most people playing this game seem to do nothing but spam rockets.

And then there is something else... TURRETS. Mouse fucking OBLITERATES the controller when it comes to operating and aiming the turrets in the game.

In fact, now that my mouse is working again, I just ran up my first Massacre on Deimos with the turret, and the match before that I was very close to a godlike on Heatray after I overtook the Darkstalker thing at like 30% health.

I'm pretty much a turret whore, but trying to aim them (especially the one on Deimos, and the other vehicle mounted ones) with a controller was pure torture and very frustrating. With my trusty mouse in hand it is near effortless and, essentially, it feels like I'm cheating.

Just looking at my stats, I have a 92:1 K/D ratio with the Rail Turret :lol

I'm pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. Played four full matches on ShangrLi (right?) and won two and only lost the last, suddenly, by one point. (I said some inappropriate things) There were a lot of bots, and one kid who played worse than the bots, but don't take this from me.

Also, I found out how to use custom soundtracks* so I'm just now finishing my new uncensored, unprotected copy of the Black Parade. I never imagined the uncensored Blood could as good as the really long bleep in the clean version :lol
*put your headphones around your neck with the volume lower to the sound effect volume - works perfect in a mostly musicless game like UT3

Crayon

Allright, I just got more correspondance from UT3MOD.com and they're goingto keep trucking with the servers on the weekends.

Mice generally will be allowed from here on out. Keep your eyes out for Team Death Match games with autoshields. And don't worry if you don't have the Autoshield mod. The server will push it to you automatically.

As for the site downlaods, they work great. But he fails to mention that when you start the download, the status bar appears at 100% and just sits there. For awhile. No backround dl, either. And I think since it was going directly to an sd card it took awhile. So to me, it appeared to be not working.

mr stroke

SOLDIER said:
How the hell do you voice chat in this game? I'm using a bluetooth but I don't think anyone can hear me, or 90% of PS3 owners still won't use voice chat.

both :(

I think we should get an "ALL GAF MIC" game going and see if we can get a solid game w/voice chat together

ypo

Oh shit direct download from the PS3 web browser? Pretty awesome there, they beat Epic to it :lol This should shut some of the whiny dumbasses up. Might just have to re-rent the game.

Halvie

Banned
Is anyone else getting a lot of disconnects(server time outs). Is that from the host quitting? Finally getting half way decent and am really starting to like this game a lot. None of the cheapness that COD4 suffers from imo.

mr stroke

Halvie said:
Is anyone else getting a lot of disconnects(server time outs). Is that from the host quitting? Finally getting half way decent and am really starting to like this game a lot. None of the cheapness that COD4 suffers from imo.

ya getting tons of that tonight for some reason

dralla

mod patch next week, from Mark

"Folks,

I just wanted to give you an update:

We're very close to releasing an update to the Unreal Engine 3 editor, that comes with the PC version of UT3, that will allow UT3 mod-makers to cook their mods into the required PS3 format. We've been doing some internal testing and we're hoping to expand to a wider group tomorrow or Friday. If all goes well then we should see the update released next week which is what I expect will happen. Obviously the process works, as we put out a few mods before Christmas and people seem to be playing them, but it is the update to the editor that we're testing."

dralla said:
mod patch next week, from Mark

"Folks,

I just wanted to give you an update:

We're very close to releasing an update to the Unreal Engine 3 editor, that comes with the PC version of UT3, that will allow UT3 mod-makers to cook their mods into the required PS3 format. We've been doing some internal testing and we're hoping to expand to a wider group tomorrow or Friday. If all goes well then we should see the update released next week which is what I expect will happen. Obviously the process works, as we put out a few mods before Christmas and people seem to be playing them, but it is the update to the editor that we're testing."

Bu...bu..bu.... "Bigger picture"?

Halvie

Banned
This game seems to be more sensitive to pings than most...at least from what I can tell. Hate matches where you shoot and three or four seconds latter your bullet comes out. Also whats with the damn lifts and elevators...stand on them and wait six seconds for them to work in half the matches? Urgh.

Crateman

It's been almost a week since I got the game and I can assure you: This game is godlike.

PSN: Agronox -feel free to add me-.

Crayon

Crateman said:
It's been almost a week since I got the game and I can assure you: This game is godlike.

PSN: Agronox -feel free to add me-.

I agree. Since getting this game, all I can think about all day is shooting people with intent to kill.
Hey, guys with the laggy games! You can't just choose servers randomly!

-Press Triangle to see if it's dedicated
-Refresh the browser with square and note the changes in pings
-The midway servers are your safe bet
-Hosting games is high traffic on your internet connection
-Don't fear the mouse icon. Far from everyone in there is using a mouse. In fact, some of the best players I played is a controller user. Mouse is not the lopsided advantage that we thought it was going to be.
-But know that mouse allowed games draw better players overall.

I just got the PS3 version of this today- I'm really impressed. I've only played a few quick matches since I can only play my PS3 in SD right now (don't have a HDTV until I go home on Sunday): the game plays really awesome, I'm surprised at how fast-fluid it is. The controls work really well for an Unreal game, surprisingly. I can already tell that it'll look amazing in HD, too.

How well did this sell for the PS3?

PSN: UncleGuito

Ok so I have my BT keyboard for UT3. Can anyone recommend a good BT mouse or even a high quality wireless usb mouse? I don't want to blow a huge wad on it, but I also don't want a pile of shit.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Crayon said:
I agree. Since getting this game, all I can think about all day is shooting people with intent to kill.
Hey, guys with the laggy games! You can't just choose servers randomly!

-Press Triangle to see if it's dedicated
-Refresh the browser with square and note the changes in pings
-The midway servers are your safe bet
-Hosting games is high traffic on your internet connection
-Don't fear the mouse icon. Far from everyone in there is using a mouse. In fact, some of the best players I played is a controller user. Mouse is not the lopsided advantage that we thought it was going to be.
-But know that mouse allowed games draw better players overall.

Yep some pad players have given me a whoopin real bad then again I still didn't tweak it that much. Midway servers are always a good bet ping is stable and registry is solid, now if that company made games like they ran servers I would buy more of their stuff again.

Mouse is never an advantage especially since you need to be a good aimer to begin with to see any real value between da and that. Mouse support in UT3 is pretty good, though not solid. If you expect a window experience don't as you have no way to deal with acceleration effectively and you can't use numbers with decimals in them. I noted in another thread here that I was using a G5 mouse with DPI at 800-400 and the in game sensitivity at 2 or 3 before I started getting some of my pc ut skills back take top 3 at least all the time. If you use a mouse do not use high dpi since it's only effective go above 1200 you start having problems. Had I done lower dpi when using a mouse first about 6 hours of gameplay would've been more useful for me liking it.

One thing I will say is the dodge method should be an option almost feels a little cheesy just tilt bunny hopping with it. Then again I can't imagine double tapping a direction would feel nice with analog.

RoH said:
yeah that was good fun!
You're REDEMPTOR, I take it? Post in the PSN ID thread, dude.

Aeon712 said:
I feel so left out :(.
Bob, RoH and Crayon showed up in my campaign game and helped me in the last CtF before you get to actually pick your mission. We were like the Super NeoGAF Squadron or something.

Guito, I'll add you when I get on later. You don't remember me but you and I worked together on ICGamers.

doogles said:
Guito, I'll add you when I get on later. You don't remember me but you and I worked together on ICGamers.
Haha, cool. I remember you, I just didn't recognize you by just "doogles." Do you still write there?

Crayon

Controller.

If I had a nice chair, I could get in the zone like that more often. ...

Hey doogles maybe you should host small dm on elevation or shrine? With auto sheild? I think wed get somee bites.

Everdred

I've been playing this on PC and boy oh boy are the deathmatch servers dead. There were only like 3 servers with a total of 25 people last night.

Top Bottom