• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
alright I'm on the verge of buying this. Tried out my cousins version tonight loved it. It's tough, but I already started getting a little better. What I was wondering is... will this game last? I played tonight and there were very few servers, it was late though (4 AM). I was wondering what's it like during the day? When released in PAL will servers be worldwide so we can get more players involved?

RoH

msdstc said:
alright I'm on the verge of buying this. Tried out my cousins version tonight loved it. It's tough, but I already started getting a little better. What I was wondering is... will this game last? I played tonight and there were very few servers, it was late though (4 AM). I was wondering what's it like during the day? When released in PAL will servers be worldwide so we can get more players involved?

Really? I mean, I see a decent amount off servers for most game types except warfare and VCTF. But I consider seeing about 8 listings to be good. If you like it play it, and if you can add to the server pool; host your a match from time to time (With mouse and Keyboard enabled).

Roat

Banned
strange_booj said:
I've been playing this on PC and boy oh boy are the deathmatch servers dead. There were only like 3 servers with a total of 25 people last night.

That's what I hated about UT2004, a dozen playmodes and nobody on the old-school deathmatch servers.

CAVE343

msdstc said:

I've imported and I can only play on EU servers, if I want to play on US servers I get pings around 500/600. So I hope that they can fix this one way.

Roxas

I give up on this game. I cannot even get into a multiplayer match or even the fucking menu because im still getting the message that i need to be signed in to play EVEN THOUGH I FUCKING AM. This shit is going on ebay right now.

The ps3 version has server of all types bumping all night : )

I am having one problem that is PISSING ME OFF and ruining it for me right now. IT KEEPS SWAPING MY WEAPONS WHILE IM SHOOTING AT SOMEONE!! I turned weapon swap off, but thats only for pickup anyway. Sometimes its right when I press fire, sometimes its while im shooting, but it happens all the time. It switches to a weapon thats farther up on my list. Ill be shooting someone with the link gun and BAM it switches to the enforcer, and I'm not out of link ammo. Anyone else having this? Its driving me crazy. It might be my controller but its the only one I have so I can't check : (

Firewire

Banned
BobTheFork said:
The ps3 version has server of all types bumping all night : )

I am having one problem that is PISSING ME OFF and ruining it for me right now. IT KEEPS SWAPING MY WEAPONS WHILE IM SHOOTING AT SOMEONE!! I turned weapon swap off, but thats only for pickup anyway. Sometimes its right when I press fire, sometimes its while im shooting, but it happens all the time. It switches to a weapon thats farther up on my list. Ill be shooting someone with the link gun and BAM it switches to the enforcer, and I'm not out of link ammo. Anyone else having this? Its driving me crazy. It might be my controller but its the only one I have so I can't check : (

Are you hitting L2 by accident or something? Never had it happen to me, the only time I get weapons changes is when ammo runs out!

EekTheKat

There's a setting that maps R3 to "Best weapon available" that sometimes causes it for me. You may want to check how the controller is mapped.

Firewire said:
Are you hitting L2 by accident or something? Never had it happen to me, the only time I get weapons changes is when ammo runs out!
differently not pressing it even accidentally, i tried playing without my index fingers to make sure.

Eek ill try that, that might be it. It always switches to the highest weapon on the list, which is the enforcer, but it changed when I changed the list.

^^^ i know this sounds dumb but turn up the difficulty. I've really noticed the different behavior of the bots on different level. They won't even jump until you up it to level 2 or three3, I noticed they anticipate you on the corners once you get them turned up to adept (which is 5 i think)

So have there been any new maps and mods since the original release a few weeks ago? Also, are there many servers actually running those maps? That is my biggest concern.

DoctorWho said:
So have there been any new maps and mods since the original release a few weeks ago? Also, are there many servers actually running those maps? That is my biggest concern.
Yeah, four maps and an autoshield mod. Not too many servers running them, though. Crayon's working on that.

http://www.ut3mod.com, you can download directly to your PS3 if you have a memory card/stick/whatever inserted with the right file structure, and instructions are on the site.

I figured it was appropriate for my avatar to reply to yours

EDIT: oh, okay, so there are servers. Bob would know better than I. :lol

DoctorWho said:
yes, i've seen several ps3 server running the new maps, and most of them are marked as such. I have had a few of them put one of the new maps into rotation with the original maps and not mention it. You get booted if you don't have it :p

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Is there a reason why my wireless USB mouse wont work for this game? It will work on the PS3 XMB bar before I start the game, but when I go into a UT3 match with keyboard/mouse support, only the keyboard work :/

Corran Horn said:
Is there a reason why my wireless USB mouse wont work for this game? It will work on the PS3 XMB bar before I start the game, but when I go into a UT3 match with keyboard/mouse support, only the keyboard work :/

Try switching the connections to the USB ports around. Sounds dumb, but it worked for me.

edit: good news about the editor, there will be some cool shit coming now :D

McLovin

Corran Horn said:
This happened to me when I had a wireless keyboard w/ a usb mouse. When I put my wireless mouse on it worked fine.

msdstc said:

i seriously doubt that it will last beyond the dedicated few unless they fix the connection issues with this game. most people are not going to put up with the freezing your console bullshit while connecting to some servers

bigswords

I presume this game has the similar issues as Resistance online pre-patched (same region, same region online). Any Asian gamers playing the Asian version of it by any chance?

RoH

Looks like the first user created mod is out!

It is a 3rd person Action Camera mod! I have only had the opportunity to play with this option briefly, but I think I'm going to use it on my servers.:D
This seems like a cool site, support it by downloading here UT3MOD.COM

lupinko

bigswords said:
I presume this game has the similar issues as Resistance online pre-patched (same region, same region online). Any Asian gamers playing the Asian version of it by any chance?

No, it does not have the problem like pre-patched Resistance.

I use a NTSCJ PS3 and I play on the US servers fine.

It's the same way Europeans have been playing the game now too.

For the most part only Insomniac and Naughty Dog do things based on the region of the hardware. Whereas others do it by PSN name or by game disc / version.

I need help. I can't find the mod thread and I need to know how to get level on my ps3
GIANT BATHROOM IS ON I CAN STOP ASKING WOOOO

Aeon712

Finally got back on Unreal and my game froze earlier. Got a message saying it crashed due to mods :(. Since then though no problems and I'm back to owning.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Who can I pay to make me a very quick and easy mutator? Seriously I've got PayPal fired up and ready, I just need someone with a few minutes and some knowledge

theBishop

Banned
I just got done checking out the ActionCam mutator on PS3.

Even combined with the Slo-mo mutator, its still way faster than Gears, and the ActionCam only affects the perspective, which is fixed behind the player. Its pretty terrible for actual play because the model obstructs view of enemies.

How hard would it be to do L1 "focus" aiming a la Gears/Uncharted using UnrealED?

I will say this: 3rd person is very pretty. If someone gets the Gears controls/speed right, it could be a lot of fun playing UT3 maps that way.

Cover system is probably too much to ask... :(

Roxas said:
I give up on this game. I cannot even get into a multiplayer match or even the fucking menu because im still getting the message that i need to be signed in to play EVEN THOUGH I FUCKING AM. This shit is going on ebay right now.

40 shipped. DO IT

tribal24

Banned
BobTheFork said:
can someone please put up a link or tell me how to get this levl on my p3s. I have the jam file but I cant get ut3 to import it.

the file structure should be PS3>>SAVEDATA>>BLUS30086-MODIMPORT>>> then the jam file i think usb sticks can olny take 1 mod at a time so you have to keep switching the file

Crayon

UT3MOD.cam has pictures, Bob! Go!! I'm going there right now. I just got home for the first time since hearing the news.

tribal24

Banned
theBishop said:
I just got done checking out the ActionCam mutator on PS3.

Even combined with the Slo-mo mutator, its still way faster than Gears, and the ActionCam only affects the perspective, which is fixed behind the player. Its pretty terrible for actual play because the model obstructs view of enemies.

How hard would it be to do L1 "focus" aiming a la Gears/Uncharted using UnrealED?

I will say this: 3rd person is very pretty. If someone gets the Gears controls/speed right, it could be a lot of fun playing UT3 maps that way.

Cover system is probably too much to ask... :(

pick a smaller charecter and you can see the enemies better

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
campgrounds2k8screen10ce8.jpg

O M G

Synless

Some of these maps people are working on are amazing looking!!! I can't wait to see some of shit people come up with.

Dante

I'm wondering if the OP can start a list of all the mods as they come in, hard to keep track once things get rolling. Some of these are already looking awesome.

Crayon

Another dm match just went up on ut3mod. This site makes the mods really easy to get. =) Oh the new map is called fractal.

Speevy

Banned
So just how wacky do the modifications get in this game?

Will we see Link using laser swords to fight Mario in a giant castle?

That windmill stage could seriously be used as the basis for an ICO-themed map.

tanod

when is my burrito
Dante said:
I'm wondering if the OP can start a list of all the mods as they come in, hard to keep track once things get rolling. Some of these are already looking awesome.

ut3mod.com

Download mods directly to your PS3. Checked it last night. It's awesome.

Top Bottom