• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
This is crazzzzzzzzy...Just imagine the possibilities ...The ability to bring mods over from PC to consoles IS a BIG CHANGE...

I will buy UT3 next check.

dralla

the temple map is really good, but the slowdown on the bottom level with the fog is really bad. I hope the guy fixes it, but for now, I'm going to have to delete it.

I see someone made a giant bathroom map, I guess BTF will be happy

AKS

Speevy said:
So just how wacky do the modifications get in this game?

Will we see Link using laser swords to fight Mario in a giant castle?

That windmill stage could seriously be used as the basis for an ICO-themed map.

Wow, I'd LOVE and ICO-themed map. I hope someone makes that.

Firewire

Banned
Can someone give me the file structure I need to put on a memory stick to download straight from my PS3?

Also after I download one, can I automatically download another? Does it auto write over the last downloaded file?

Speevy

Banned
I may be crazy, but I just had a thought.

There are so many new PS3-compatible maps springing up. And you need to go through the installation process to get a map.

Due to the "Most people are stupid." concept, won't this game eventually be flooded with servers that your typical buyer can't use?

Epic should create a way to download the maps by clicking on the server.

Speevy said:
Epic should create a way to download the maps by clicking on the server.

Some of the maps are quite large though, I imagine it'd be a pain if you were host to stream a 48mb+ map to 8 or so people, at least it would with my shitty upload speed :p

Firewire said:
Also after I download one, can I automatically download another? Does it auto write over the last downloaded file?

Here's the file structure;

;PS3/SAVEDATA/BLUS30086-MODIMPORT/USERDATA.JAM

Btw, theres more mods at http://www.ut3mod.com/ - a warfare map, a mutator and a ctf map.

AKS

Speevy said:
Why is there so little interest in this thread?

Don't know. Not enough people have this game. I hope that threads like this inspire more to buy it. It's one of my favorite games of 2007. And unlike most console FPSs, the user created content continues to elevate the quality of this game.

Nizz

tanod said:
ut3mod.com

Download mods directly to your PS3. Checked it last night. It's awesome.
When I go to this site, can I save the mods/maps directly to my hard drive? Or do I still need a memory card/usb flash drive connected to transfer this over to? Any help is appreciated...

Speevy

Banned
fps fanatic said:
When I go to this site, can I save the mods/maps directly to my hard drive? Or do I still need a memory card/usb flash drive connected to transfer this over to? Any help is appreciated...

You need some sort of storage destination. I think you might be able to create one on your PS3, but a flash drive is the way most people use.

tribal24

Banned
i kinda wish i can make mods becuase people making mods that i seen at unreal 3 official boards are acting stupid and not cooking mods for ps3 it looks totally ridiculous, im not saying that they have to cook the mods for ps3 but making excuses for not cooking them is rather dumb-_-

SpudBud

Firewire said:
On UT3MOD its made to be downloaded from the PS3, is that how you did it?
Yup, I let it sit there for 10 minutes. It just sat there saying it was unpacking the mod.

It's the only problem I've had with importing mods.

RoH

OK some of these new mods are hot!:D On another note I have given up the mouse, I just cant find one which I can stand using while sitting on my couch, so I am back to the good old six axis.

Synless

AltogetherAndrews said:
Couldn't you just grab models from GOW PC and convert them somehow? I've never worked much with character models, just environments.
I was wondering about this, it says you can only use assets running off the UE3 engine right? So I would think you could do that too, but I'm not tech enough to rip the model.

Tom Penny

Anyone try this 3rd person mod yet? Looks pretty damn cool. Makes it like 2 different games.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=595600

UT3-ActionCam-01.jpg

UT3-ActionCam-05.jpg

UT3-ActionCam-04.jpg

Video Footage

http://www.n4g.com/NewsCom-97980.aspx

Synless

Tom Penny said:
Anyone try this 3rd person mod yet? Looks pretty damn cool. Makes it like 2 different games.
I've been playing with it, I like it alot. There are a few people on here who don't though.

careful

Yard SE feels different than the Q3 map because weapon balance is not the same. I'm still having a hell of a blast playing it though.

Action Cam felt really weird at first, but it's grown on me a lot. I love it now.

Color Control is also pretty cool. It does feel like the colours 'pop' a bit more.

Yard SE + Action Cam + Color Control = WIN :D

I just popped on right now and the first game I try and play tells me I need a map. I was like WTF!!! Holy shit, they've released a bunch!

Nooreo

deejay8595 said:
This is crazzzzzzzzy...Just imagine the possibilities ...The ability to bring mods over from PC to consoles IS a BIG CHANGE...

I will buy UT3 next check.
Its a huge pain man(Transferring mods) and the community is small T___T, good thing i rented UT3,but thats only my opinion

Nooreo said:
Its a huge pain man(Transferring mods) and the community is small T___T, good thing i rented UT3,but thats only my opinion

They do need to find a way to let you download maps from other users or from a process through the game. This does change everything though and I am very excited.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Last night I tried to jump into a PS3 game for the first time and there were only 3 servers up, two of which only had 1 or 2 people playing. Is this pretty normal or was it a fluke?

dralla

finally, someone converts DM17. im not a fan of the lighting though, there's a giant Sun in the background and everything is gold.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Wow, that 3rd person mod looks nice. I'm all over that when I get home. :D What happens when you want to play on custom maps in the PS3 version? Do you get a message saying you must download the map first, or does the game automatically download it for you?

Lyte Edge said:
Wow, that 3rd person mod looks nice. I'm all over that when I get home. :D What happens when you want to play on custom maps in the PS3 version? Do you get a message saying you must download the map first, or does the game automatically download it for you?

You have to download the map.

Speevy

Banned
DoctorWho said:
You have to download the map.

Yeah, that's one of the things I'm worried about.

If there are 25 deathmatch servers running and 20 of them are custom maps, new buyers of this game will become very confused.

Speevy said:
Yeah, that's one of the things I'm worried about.

If there are 25 deathmatch servers running and 20 of them are custom maps, new buyers of this game will become very confused.

Yup and I've run into a lot of new map users tonight and we jump back from an "in-game" map to a created one, tons of people get booted.

BPK

All these new mods are great in all, but it seems like we will be over-saturated with them very soon. I have a feeling I will be playing most of these things in single player, because, at least where the maps are concerned, people online will rarely have the same maps.

Top Bottom