• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

tanod

when is my burrito
DarkUSS said:
The best way is to either have a laptop nearby with the mods stored, thus swapping the file in your memory stick each time or actually have multiple memory sticks. :lol

ut3mod.com

designed for the PS3 browser. Seriously, GO THERE

Wow that's pretty fucking awesome! So everyone can play this on PS3?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but can you download models from the server (I know you can't download the maps).

Speevy

Banned
tanod said:
ut3mod.com

designed for the PS3 browser. Seriously, GO THERE

I think he knows that, but repeatedly escaping from ut3 to endure a slow dl, then returning to upload is tedious. I have 20 pieces of custom content so I should know.

Ploid 3.0

ManaByte said:
Epic wants them, SCEA says no. Apparently someone is afraid of having a Marvel/NCSoft City of Heroes type situation.

Oh man that's ga.. er "so not cool"[/n.drake].

Speevy said:
I think he knows that, but repeatedly escaping from ut3 to endure a slow dl, then returning to upload is tedious. I have 20 pieces of custom content so I should know.

An update to allow a area in the game's UI that will let you access the psn browser would fix that maybe.

tanod

when is my burrito
Speevy said:

Tonight, I've been working on catching up on all the mods that have come out since launch. I seriously don't see any better way to do it at this point.

I am so thankful for the person running this website. In the meantime, I'm alternating between UT3 and Colbert/Daily Show while I'm downloading.

Crayon

Wow it's blowing up. There's a way more people than I thought would be playing with mods.

People who dont have this game should go get it pretty soon.

I wish there were some way to check player rank when they aren't on your friends list. Nothing like having a dominating performance and dropping almost 1000 spots for it :lol

Sure they were bad, but that bad? :/ Not that it particularly matters.

iceatcs

My new 40" HDTV finally arrive, I have to wait tomorrow to drill the wall for network.

I have many spare memory sticks. When I download off from ut3mod.com, do I have to create some DIR in the memory stick before save a specify file?
Or just save in memory stick dir?

NeoGzus has finished cooking his awesome CTF map Twisted-Face-ULTRA for the PS3;

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=597822

ScreenShot00026.jpg

ScreenShot00028.jpg

ScreenShot00021.jpg

This map is loads of fun, along with DM-LiftKill and DM-SiegeReactor it's easily one of the top 3 user created maps available for PS3 at the moment imo.

lupinko

iceatcs said:
My new 40" HDTV finally arrive, I have to wait tomorrow to drill the wall for network.

I have many spare memory sticks. When I download off from ut3mod.com, do I have to create some DIR in the memory stick before save a specify file?
Or just save in memory stick dir?

You have to make specific directories:

PS3 > SAVEDATA > BLUS30086-MODIMPORT

What time are you guys usually on anyway? Sad to say that I only get to play the game at night during weekdays because of work. =/

tanod

when is my burrito
Crayon said:
Wow it's blowing up. There's a way more people than I thought would be playing with mods.

People who dont have this game should go get it pretty soon.

There's over 70,000 people on the leaderboards. :D

dralla

new version of PerfectTemple is up, fog has been removed and now runs at smoothly. it's one of the best maps, everyone should DL it

BPK

I'm getting some pretty nasty slowdown with that Twisted Face map. As someone who loved the original facing worlds, I find this new one way too cluttered...beggars can't be choosers though.

On a side note, does anyone get a slight hitch using the glibalicious mod that gives more gore. It's cool and all but there seems to be a weird slowdown every time a body blows up - very subtle but noticeable.

dfyb said:
that review was better than i thought it'd be. though they did score it lower than one would guess based on the content of the review.
And it had to have a jab @ the PS3 somewhere in totally unrelated to the game.

is there a way to check how much space the mods/levels take up on your ps3 harddrive? im installing all the levels in one go and I just want to make sure it doesnt end up being a huge amount.

Just got a keyboard and mouse for my ps3 along with this game and i've only downloaded one mutator on the ut3mod.com site. Acouple questions:

1. How do i activate the mutator? (i downloaded the 3rd person view file)

2. Is there a site that teaches me shortcuts on the keyboard for ut3 ps3?

3. Finally, are there any other websites that my fellow GAFers are downloading mods from?

please add xS1THL0RDx to your friends list, I would love to play with you guys :)

xS1TH L0RDx said:
Just got a keyboard and mouse for my ps3 along with this game and i've only downloaded one mutator on the ut3mod.com site. Acouple questions:

1. How do i activate the mutator? (i downloaded the 3rd person view file)

2. Is there a site that teaches me shortcuts on the keyboard for ut3 ps3?

3. Finally, are there any other websites that my fellow GAFers are downloading mods from?

please add xS1THL0RDx to your friends list, I would love to play with you guys :)
1. Main Menu > Community > My Content. Square button imports the mod. The person running the server/game has to activate it, as you would any other mutator. But seriously, it's not that great. You can't see anything in front of you.

(Omitting (2) because I play with a controller.)

3. If we don't use our computer to download from the actual forums, I think UT3mod.com is the only choice. Get A Night in the Park and Twisted Face ULTRA.

thanks for the reply doogles. i'll keep an eye out on both the forums and ut3mod.com, and i'll be sure to download those two files you mentioned.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Also, if you join a Multiplayer game that is using the mutators that you don't have, they will automatically download. That's how I got most of mine.

new maps are comming so fast now, I cant keep up :lol

this morning I spend a good bit of time installing everything, and now there are about 4 more things to download.

mr stroke

My Arms Your Hearse said:
HEY MIDWAY FIX YOUR FUCKING CUNT SERVERS SO MY PS3 DOESN'T FREEZE 80% OF THE TIME I TRY TO JOIN. ESPECIALLY PAINFUL SINCE THE PS3 TAKES FIVE FUCKING MINUTES TO TURN OFF.

+1
and please FIX THE VOICE CHAT WHILE YOUR AT IT!!! its been almost 2 months now :(

FFChris

Metalmurphy said:
And it had to have a jab @ the PS3 somewhere in totally unrelated to the game.

I didn't hear any. Where was it?

Anyway, I hope this comes out sooner rather than later on the 360. We are really missing a game like this.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Could someone try connecting to my dedicated server on PS3? It's called Tokyo Midnight Brigade and it's running off what SHOULD be an insanely fast fiberoptic line.

I'm finally getting this game come monday or tuesday. So i was wondering what the 3 best user created DM maps are so I can download 'em now and play 'em when I get the game :D.

FoxhoundNL said:
I'm finally getting this game come monday or tuesday. So i was wondering what the 3 best user created DM maps are so I can download 'em now and play 'em when I get the game :D.

Imo i'd say these three;

DM-LiftKill - awesome deathmatch map with lots of jump-pads and lifts

DM-YardSE - remake of the classic Quake map Q3DM17

Captain Snarf's Modded Vehicles - this is an awesome mod that adds in a Warfare map, new vehicles and an improved version of the hoverboard.

Others i'd reccomend;

DM-Singularity, DM-Downpour, DM-SiegeReactor, DM-Krodan, CTF-Q3CTF4, CTF-TwistedFaceULTRA

If you ps3 is freezing on the game, have it looked at. I've never had a single issues of freezing in UT#. My only complaints are the chat and the fact that sometime you can't join a given server for no aparant reason

Bootaaay said:
Imo i'd say these three
Thanks :), I downloaded those three DM-maps (will check the others when I played the game a bit), but they're all named USERDATA.JAM? In which direction should the maps be, and can I copy them from the memstick to the PS3 HDD, or do I have the USB device to be plugged in at all times?

Thank you vewy much :D.

FoxhoundNL said:
Thanks :), I downloaded those three DM-maps (will check the others when I played the game a bit), but they're all named USERDATA.JAM? In which direction should the maps be, and can I copy them from the memstick to the PS3 HDD, or do I have the USB device to be plugged in at all times?

Thank you vewy much :D.

Each mod file is a USERDATA.JAM which means that unfourtunatly you can only copy over one mod at a time - and yeah, the game will import and install the mods direct from your memory stick/usb device to the PS3's HDD - also, here's the directory structure needed;

US -> /PS3/SAVEDATA/BLUS30086-MODIMPORT/USERDATA.JAM
EU -> /PS3/SAVEDATA/BLES00200-MODIMPORT/USERDATA.JAM

It doesn't matter if a mod has been cooked for the EU or US versions, any USERDATA.JAM will work as long as you have it in the correct file structure for your version of the game. Also, once the file structure is on your memory stick/usb device you can use the PS3 download links on UT3MOD.COM to download mods directly from the PS3 browser, which makes it slightly less of a hassle importing mods.

doogles said:
The new third-person view is like 100x better than the old one. It + slow-mo kills = winsauce.

Is that the MK3rdPerson mod? If so, then I concur - seems to run smoother than the ActionCam mod, and the character doesn't get in the way as much from the further out view. I'm hoping someone'll get the SlaughterHouse gametype working soon, as it turns the game into a top-down shooter :D

Concept17

Just installed about a dozen or so maps, only have had the chance to play two (downpour and the metal one( both are great maps, downpour being larger and open while the other is small and fast paced. I suggest everyone getting both.

Gonna try out the rest just as soon as I have a chance.

h3ro

Has Epic mentioned anything about creating a Mod Store or something similar that would pick out the "best" mods and make them easily downloadable while in the game?

I think an "easy" button for mod downloading would give this game legs, as it it will just open up all these mods to the un1337 people who don't understand how to add mods via the PC or PS3 browser...

Come on Epic, come through!!! (I'm sure they'll do something like this for the 360 version)

Speevy

Banned
This might sound stupid or might not work, but has anyone thought of this?

Since you can download non-map mods instantly, why not set up a server that has all of them turned on, so people can just get a whole bunch at once?

Top Bottom