• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

Nightz

M3Freak said:
The busted chat is completely killing the game for me! I want to listen and talk to other gamers, damn it.

I rarely play the game because of that - I'm so used to the easy chat setup in Resistance.
Has there been any word from Epic about the chat issue yet? I know they said they were looking into it, but have they given any more info? I actually sold my copy of UT3 because I couldn't really communicate with my friends. The mods are making me want to get the game again, but until the chat is fixed I think I'll hold out.

Nightz said:
Has there been any word from Epic about the chat issue yet? I know they said they were looking into it, but have they given any more info? I actually sold my copy of UT3 because I couldn't really communicate with my friends. The mods are making me want to get the game again, but until the chat is fixed I think I'll hold out.
Does the chat work for the PC version?

Also, please see my post above and help me decide whether to get the PC version or hold out for the 360 version.

The Lamonster said:
Does the chat work for the PC version?

Also, please see my post above and help me decide whether to get the PC version or hold out for the 360 version.
I haven't played either, but playing a game with reallife friends makes it at least 100 times more enjoyable for me. This is tough choice, but I'd still prefer playing with friends over mods, etc.

TheDuce22

Banned
I disabled autochannel scan on my router and it seemed to fix the problems with the ps3 wifi. Whats a good ping to play at? It seems like anything over 100 and the elevators get all glitchy. For team deathmatch I usually have 2 under 100, 3 or 4 slightly over and the rest in the 200-2500 range.

Crayon

Okay, maps are coming out at an alarming rate.

In fact, it's a bit of a cluster eff right now. The game doesn't have enough community functionality to organize play on the new maps.

Don't get me wrong. UT3 PS3 is hot shit the likes of which we have not seen in the console world.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Crayon said:
Okay, maps are coming out at an alarming rate.

In fact, it's a bit of a cluster eff right now. The game doesn't have enough community functionality to organize play on the new maps.

Don't get me wrong. UT3 PS3 is hot shit the likes of which we have not seen in the console world.
Yeah, I don't really know which ones to download, I've downloaded about 7 so far.

Mash

The Lamonster said:
WHERE ARE ALL THE PC USERS?

anyway, yes I caved and got this on PC. Any extremely cool mods or maps out yet?

Waiting for all the other PC UT gamers lol, it's a vicious circle.

So I played last night with the 3rd person mod (close cam, not far) and gibalicious (plus Uberboard) and it was a blast. Very VERY fun. The Color Beta mutator is really good too, IMO, brings the game to life with more color.

It's like an entirely different game in 3rd person, I love it...sadly, I think I may stick with it.

BPK

What controller sensitivity and turn acceleration settings are you guys using? I've had a hard time settling on some numbers that feel right.

By the way, everybody must get the mod DM map IDOMA! It's a remake of a classic UT map and wow is it good.

UGH...

I really hope I'm not the only one that has had this problem, and that people have gotten around it, but...

The game is no longer recognizing that I am logged into PSN. Therefore, I cannot play multiplayer AT ALL. I see no option to try and get it to login either (it used to give me this when my internet died, but my internet is obviously fine and when I exit out of the game I'm still logged into my account). Though, for some dumb reason, after telling me that multiplayer requires a connection, it still takes me to the "join/host" screen, which is odd, AND THEN I'M stuck. I can't click on either option and it won't let me back out to the main menu screen. It's all very, very bizarre. I just have to exit back out of the game.

I just played a match like an hour and a half ago. Now it's completely busted. Of course, I stopped playing earlier because I tried to join a Midway server (lol) and my game froze... but that has happened a million times before so I'm not sure what that would have to do with this.

Aeon712

Played last night and got my first flawless victory followed by another one two games later. Would've had a third but I suicided with the redeemer twice :lol.

BPK

Does anyone find the Redeemer virtually impossible to steer? Maybe I'm used to playing UT with a mouse, but good god, I can't make that thing turn or anything. I usually just shoot it blindly into a crowd and hope for utter chaos. Any tips on a more methodical approach?

As well, on warfare where do orbs spawn? That's the only thing I don't understand. I get the linking node concept fine, but I have no clue where orbs spawn and whether more than one can be carried at one time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aeon712

Wait you can steer the Redeemer??? Had no idea I just usually tried shooting it where ever I saw anybody. That and killing myself with it. I also just learned what the shock combo was by accident last night when I shot the secondary fire which I never use and hit it with the primary aiming at someone. Was like ohhhhh :lol.

I did restart my PS3. It's still not working.

In other news, deathmatch botmatches with AI set to Godlike is INTENSE :lol

But the area now, where it usually has your PSN tag (bottom left corner) used to say "not logged in" or something like that. Now it's just a grey area WITH NO TEXT. Ugh.

BPK

Aeon712 said:
Wait you can steer the Redeemer??? Had no idea I just usually tried shooting it where ever I saw anybody. That and killing myself with it. I also just learned what the shock combo was by accident last night when I shot the secondary fire which I never use and hit it with the primary aiming at someone. Was like ohhhhh :lol.

Lol. You can steer it by pressing alternate fire. It's pretty cool: you get this camera on the missile as it flies at your target. With the right analog stick you can steer it although it's a major bitch to turn unless I'm missing something.

Anybody have any insight on warfare mode, on how the orbs work?

methane47

My Arms Your Hearse said:
I did restart my PS3. It's still not working.

In other news, deathmatch botmatches with AI set to Godlike is INTENSE :lol

But the area now, where it usually has your PSN tag (bottom left corner) used to say "not logged in" or something like that. Now it's just a grey area WITH NO TEXT. Ugh.

I got the same exact issue right now.. :(

Just got the game in from gamefly ANd it is givin me these ridiculous errors

Meh :(

Maybe it will fix itself in time. It stopped recognizing my mouse for a bit too, until I took the game and my mouse to a friend's house and plugged it into his PS3. It worked there and on my own afterwards. I should try to log in on his PS3.

Edit: Caught your edit. Good that you're aware of it and it is happening to lots of people... so I'm not uniquely fucked or something.

Sho Nuff

Banned
That's it, I give up. I can't run a dedicated server for longer than eight hours without it crashing. Whoop-ti-doo for dedicated servers if they've got the stability of a launch 360

Speevy

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
That's it, I give up. I can't run a dedicated server for longer than eight hours without it crashing. Whoop-ti-doo for dedicated servers if they've got the stability of a launch 360

I see you're not as dedicated as your servers.

tanod

when is my burrito
Sonycowboy said that UT3 on PS3 sold over a 100,000 copies in December which means it's selling MUCH better on PS3 than PC.

tanod

when is my burrito
Halvie said:

VDSharts is banned because the numbers are pulled out of the ass of a moron who thinks nation-wide sales numbers can be estimated by calling 10 different gamestops.

Evil avatar was referencing his numbers.

Roxas

My Arms Your Hearse said:
UGH...

I really hope I'm not the only one that has had this problem, and that people have gotten around it, but...

The game is no longer recognizing that I am logged into PSN. Therefore, I cannot play multiplayer AT ALL. I see no option to try and get it to login either (it used to give me this when my internet died, but my internet is obviously fine and when I exit out of the game I'm still logged into my account). Though, for some dumb reason, after telling me that multiplayer requires a connection, it still takes me to the "join/host" screen, which is odd, AND THEN I'M stuck. I can't click on either option and it won't let me back out to the main menu screen. It's all very, very bizarre. I just have to exit back out of the game.

I just played a match like an hour and a half ago. Now it's completely busted. Of course, I stopped playing earlier because I tried to join a Midway server (lol) and my game froze... but that has happened a million times before so I'm not sure what that would have to do with this.

exact same thing happened to me, resetting the PS3 doesnt do shit, neither does resetting the router. in the end it just didnt work at all and i sold it on ebay for a lot more than i bought it for.

May i ask where you are from? Did you import the game?

tanod

when is my burrito
Roxas said:
exact same thing happened to me, resetting the PS3 doesnt do shit, neither does resetting the router. in the end it just didnt work at all and i sold it on ebay for a lot more than i bought it for.

May i ask where you are from? Did you import the game?

I think the servers were down for maintenance yesterday. :\

Firewire

Banned
tanod said:
Sonycowboy said that UT3 on PS3 sold over a 100,000 copies in December which means it's selling MUCH better on PS3 than PC.

Yeah it was something like 113,000 or 114,000 for December. And didn't it come out December 11?

Speevy said:
Is there some reason they chose to put a giant Xbox 360 in the middle of the map?

They should make one with a PS3.

it takes too much computing power to accurately make a 3D render of the Playstation 3. The design is too complex for people to model.

Aeon712

I pretty much give up on my rank, I own everyone and my rank drops cause I don't have the option to see the ranks of others :(. Oh well guess I'll just continue wrecking people in Deathmatch for gp now :D.

careful

Aeon712 said:
I pretty much give up on my rank, I own everyone and my rank drops cause I don't have the option to see the ranks of others :(. Oh well guess I'll just continue wrecking people in Deathmatch for gp now :D.
Yeah, it seems pretty random. I jumped from 5000 to 1800 yesterday. Went back down to ~3000 today.

I'm only really good in a few maps: Defiance, Shangri La, Rising Sun, Heat Ray
I don't do as well on the other maps. Deimos is the worst for me.

PSN is 'stveland'. I play DM/TDM more than anything else. I alternate between controller-only & mouse/kb servers, but I mostly play with the controller.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ya i dont get ranks too...out of all my friends list im about the only one playing (about 5-6 people seemed to play enough to get around 30kills or so) and im last in ranking from friends ....

Finally got a working mouse on this game, expect to play this some more (rotating with tf2 on pc ofcourse :D)

Top Bottom