• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

tanod

when is my burrito
Safe Bet said:
Stormtroopers Please!!!

PS

The copyright implications of this make me shudder.

Things that keep mods from being subject to any legal/copyright/etc:

1) They are not charged for.
2) They do not directly copy (as in asset files ripped from other games) other game characters/levels/etc.

This game is basically unplayable for me due to lag, every server I join is shockingly laggy. I have the US version but am in Europe. I don't understand as I play other games online totally fine. Anyone else experience this?

To be honest I might just get the unreal pack on Steam, I was planning to anyway.

Firewire

Banned
number1jagsfan said:
This game is basically unplayable for me due to lag, every server I join is shockingly laggy. I have the US version but am in Europe. I don't understand as I play other games online totally fine. Anyone else experience this?

To be honest I might just get the unreal pack on Steam, I was planning to anyway.

What kind of pings are you seeing?

number1jagsfan said:

Have you tried playing after the patch?

Firewire

Banned
number1jagsfan said:
Less than 100

You're getting pings less than a 100 and you're having problems! I can play anything from 0-450 (N.A.) without problems. Any possibility of trading it in for the Euro version?

Firewire

Banned
FoxhoundNL said:
Anyone?

Oh btw, I couldn't join games anymore due to the patch it seems... Tried 10 different rooms, but couldn't get in.

I don't think so, but I'm not sure will have to try it out.

Anyways do you have N.A. or Euro version?

Firewire said:
You're getting pings less than a 100 and you're having problems! I can play anything from 0-450 (N.A.) without problems. Any possibility of trading it in for the Euro version?

I suppose either that or get the PC version. Might as well get the pack on steam, I would have got it on PC if I had a gaming PC at the time, but I just bought one.

Firewire

Banned
number1jagsfan said:
I suppose either that or get the PC version. Might as well get the pack on steam, I would have got it on PC if I had a gaming PC at the time, but I just bought one.

Check with some of the PC guys first. I'm not sure you're going to find a large enough population on the PC. (game didn't do that great from the start)

Metalmurphy said:
Same here, no problems so far. You sure you weren't trying to get into a game with a map you dont have?
Well, I'm not really sure, but what are the odds ALL 10 games I tried were custom maps :p.

I will try again, later tonight, hopefully I'm lucky :(.

Shinblade

Banned
Kolgar said:
OK, I picked this game up last night. With no sign of a 360 version and a newly reinvigorated PS3 community (mods, new patch), I jumped in.

Really digging the game. I didn't realize how much I missed "twitch" shooters, especially good old UT.

Even after the update, I ran into a game crash and a couple of bluetooth dropouts though in my three hours of play--that was disappointing.

But online was fun. I actually ranked up near the top several times which is something that rarely happens in, say, Halo.

I look forward to trying out some mods and playing with you guys.

KolgarX

I agree with all of this... bought the game on saturday... it's quite refreshing after so much COD4.

Even the campaign levels are fun when played online...

kitch9

Banned
Firewire said:
Check with some of the PC guys first. I'm not sure you're going to find a large enough population on the PC. (game didn't do that great from the start)

Its getting much better. Had an awesome game of instagib last night......Fucking sweet.

BPK

Ugh this mod thing is getting so frustrating. Last night I ran a server for two hours with Tokay Towers and Garden of Dreams on rotation. While these two mod levels are some of the most amazing yet - and in my opinion could pass for Epic's own work - not one person joined. It's like most ps3 players are frightened by the mods and won't put the work into finding out how to get them....not one person joined! If anyone here regularly plays or hosts games with the better mod levels then add me...PSN = BPK.

Grayman

BPK said:
Ugh this mod thing is getting so frustrating. Last night I ran a server for two hours with Tokay Towers and Garden of Dreams on rotation. While these two mod levels are some of the most amazing yet - and in my opinion could pass for Epic's own work - not one person joined. It's like most ps3 players are frightened by the mods and won't put the work into finding out how to get them....not one person joined! If anyone here regularly plays or hosts games with the better mod levels then add me...PSN = BPK.
Tokay Towers as in Q2DM2?

Havoc

Banned
BPK said:
Ugh this mod thing is getting so frustrating. Last night I ran a server for two hours with Tokay Towers and Garden of Dreams on rotation. While these two mod levels are some of the most amazing yet - and in my opinion could pass for Epic's own work - not one person joined.
I agree. I popped it in just to see the mod skins and I was blown away by how nice Garden of Dreams was.

BPK said:

It's more like there's no easy way to get them for them. I'm trying to fix that though :p But with the low download speeds I'm sure they can't be bothered.

Vashu

Alright, just got this through a friend who notified me of this and I'm not sure if it has been discussed before but; It seems that the Xbox logo's have been taken off of the Unreal Tournament 3 site, and instead leaving gaping holes in the lines for the logo's.

It's been awfully quiet at Epic and Midway when it comes to the Xbox 360 version, so this 'revelation' made me wonder. Has the game been cancelled then?

Again, not sure if this is old, but I saw no mention of it anywhere.

http://www.unrealtournament3.com/uk/index.html

Edit: Guess this is old, since they've been taken off in november last year. They're still dealing with MS then I guess.

PS: Didn't see any other posts pointing me to that fact yet, so there. ;)

So I'm pretty pumped that I just coordinated a trade to get this for my PS3. How easy is it to import the usermade characters into the PS3 version?

Vashu said:
Alright, just got this through a friend who notified me of this and I'm not sure if it has been discussed before but; It seems that the Xbox logo's have been taken off of the Unreal Tournament 3 site, and instead leaving gaping holes in the lines for the logo's.

It's been awfully quiet at Epic and Midway when it comes to the Xbox 360 version, so this 'revelation' made me wonder. Has the game been cancelled then?

Again, not sure if this is old, but I saw no mention of it anywhere.

http://www.unrealtournament3.com/uk/index.html

Edit: Guess this is old, since they've been taken off in november last year. They're still dealing with MS then I guess.

PS: Didn't see any other posts pointing me to that fact yet, so there. ;)

I don't recall there ever being a 360 logo.

Vashu

Metalmurphy said:
I don't recall there ever being a 360 logo.

Yeah, you're right. My bad.

It's hard to keep up with everything these days haha! Plus, the UK site is old. It still says that the game is coming out 'soon' for the PS3. XD

Plus, the layout is screwed this way. It's as if there are logo's missing! :D

Firewire

Banned
Superblatt said:
So I'm pretty pumped that I just coordinated a trade to get this for my PS3. How easy is it to import the usermade characters into the PS3 version?

Connect a blank USB memory stick to the PS3, and put UT3 in.

With the browser go to Metalmurphy's site, characters, choose & download to USB stick.

Exit browser, go into UT3, go to community, my content, press [].

It will import & unpack the character mod, and be listed in the "you're content menu".

Microsoft's Don McGowan in response to the Master Chief mod:

Actually it's nothing more than the Game Content Usage Rules...in action. When these were developed, people all thought they were focused on machinima. The truth is that while they do address machinima they also allow for a lot of other things. Mods like this are one of them.

The developers aren't selling the mod, they're not monetizing Microsoft's IP, they're just creating something to share their love of the Master Chief on a new platform...And no one is taking characters from PlayStation games (do they even have any games?) and putting them on our platform...

BREAKING NEWS: Microsoft is now making the "PS3 has no games" joke. :lol :lol :lol

Firewire

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:

BREAKING NEWS: Microsoft is now making the "PS3 has no games" joke. :lol :lol :lol

Pai Pai I think that deserves its own thread to be honest.

What an idiot...
And no one is taking characters from PlayStation games (do they even have any games?) and putting them on our platform...
No shit sherlock, even if they wanted they're not able to :lol

Cause if they were... well... I think the GT skins on Forza 2 are a pretty good indication that it would happen.

Man those are some sweet bitter tears. :lol

Some one should have asked what he thinks about the fact that Master Chief looks better on the PS3 :p

iceatcs

and he forget that Master Chief mod was born PC version then convert into PS3 version when patch came. It didn't mean aim for PS3 only.

Firewire

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:

How do you know this is from MS's Don McGowan? I didn't see his name anywhere.

I recently started playing a bit more of UT3 than I had previously when I first got it, as I wanted to see what the patch did for the PS3. Having a lot of fun, still haven't tried to play the game even once without KB+M, lol.

Is there a list of GAF that regularly play UT3 PS3?

... article reads that the pack is on PSN but I don't see it anywhere in the store, where the heck do you get it? Does the download on that site contain both PC and PS3 content?

Nevermind, it's in the update tonight at 6.

Top Bottom