• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

BPK

Epic is EPIC!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously what other game developer supports their game like this - free DLC !!!!!!!!!!!! And Facing Worlds is my all-time faovurite board. As well, since this will be on the PSN, maybe most people who don't usually download mods will get this and we'll be able to play. What a great day. Epic you rock.

Nizz

Wow, I was thisclose to trading in UT3 last week towards something else. With all the activity lately, I'm going to go see about downloading some maps and character skins. Also want to d/load the PC Speed x (is that the name?) mod to get the gameplay speed up to the PC version. Want to see how it is with a controller at that speed....
I'm gonna die so fast :(

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
So, are most ps3 servers blocking mouse+kb or what? (plz say they aren't)

Hows the servers status, people playing much? like "warhawk" much? If yes then its cool.

Firewire

Banned
spyshagg said:
So, are most ps3 servers blocking mouse+kb or what? (plz say they aren't)

Hows the servers status, people playing much? like "warhawk" much? If yes then its cool.

Most servers are set up to allow both controller & KB/M, you have the option of searching for KB/M alone if you wish. There are allot of people playing KB/M.

Lots of servers, lots of players, lots of mods. No problems finding games at all, the community is very healthy.

Davidion

BPK said:
Epic is EPIC!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously what other game developer supports their game like this - free DLC !!!!!!!!!!!! And Facing Worlds is my all-time faovurite board. As well, since this will be on the PSN, maybe most people who don't usually download mods will get this and we'll be able to play. What a great day. Epic you rock.

erm...

kitch9

Banned
BPK said:

To be fair, with the PC version fucking crashing on me all the time, and a PS3 version that couldn't connect to anything I was beginning to doubt them.....

Epic ARE BACK BABY!!!!

ikkei

Ello said:
Is UT3 worth buying just for mods?
Even if it seems that the mod community will be strong on this one, mods takes some time to do, so you should be waiting for another year to see the first ones. Anyway, the problem with mods will be whether people are playing them or not.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
raziel said:
pics of ut3 facing worlds please

ScreenShot00006.jpg

ScreenShot00005.jpg

ScreenShot00004.jpg

ScreenShot00002.jpg

ScreenShot00001.jpg

Firewire

Banned
Tiduz said:
This is why i dont play online yet.

:(
:lol

I go into one server and I do great, finish near the top, go into another and I'm playing with 10yr seasoned UT vets playing KB/M, and I get destroyed! I swear they see me with the missile launcher and they just stand there waiting for me to fire. Of course I do, and at the last second they hop out of the way and kill me while laughing. :lol

The newbies are good though, they learn the game fast.

MoxManiac

Firewire said:
Most servers are set up to allow both controller & KB/M, you have the option of searching for KB/M alone if you wish. There are allot of people playing KB/M.

Lots of servers, lots of players, lots of mods. No problems finding games at all, the community is very healthy.

Yeah, I noticed this. I was about ready to give up on the game after not seeing many KB/M servers awhile ago, but now they seem plentiful. So staying I am!

BPK

Davidion said:

Hehe, maybe I was a bit fulsome in my praise, but it's just refreshing to see free DLC in this age of nickle and diming. And when it's quality stuff (Facing Worlds) it just sweetens the deal.

Firewire

Banned
MoxManiac said:
Yeah, I noticed this. I was about ready to give up on the game after not seeing many KB/M servers awhile ago, but now they seem plentiful. So staying I am!

Allot of people coming back because of the recent update & the steady stream of new people seems to be increasing.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
How healthy is it compared to PC servers? (ps3 kbmouse servers vs PC global)?

Kid of hard to lay down 70€ to find the thing a bit deserted, then again, a pc upgrade would cost me 800€ (its that old)

edit: just read in the official forums that in Europe, 90% are playing the pc version. In america, 90% are playing the ps3 version. I live in europe.
sucks

ty_hot

Started the game and it showed an 1.10 update

It's 44MB

55% HERE

whats new? voice chat finally? (already downloaded the 3 maps)

Ceb

Epic's awesome gesture of releasing these maps for free finally pushed me to place an order for UT3. I suppose some props @ Sony are also in order for not forcing them to charge for the content, but then again that's really how it should be.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
ty_hot said:
Started the game and it showed an 1.10 update

It's 44MB

55% HERE

whats new? voice chat finally? (already downloaded the 3 maps)

whole bunch, how funny that you ended up getting it on the originally intended release date though.

FireWire said:
Unreal Tournament 3 PS3 Patch Approaches

Epic's Jeff Morris has revealed the list of changes to be included in the first Unreal Tournament III Playstation 3patch, due for release on March 27th:

U.S. Only

* Made compatible with Euro version (both are patched to the same level)
* Fixed reversed ping sorting in server browser
* Fixed some rare crashes (shutting down, saving with low HD space, AI, etc)
* Fixed a client crash while connecting to server while server it switching maps
* Minor rewordings of various messages
* Fixed mutator mods to not be always loaded, only load mutators when needed
* Added mod import verification for inter-mod package name conflicts
* Fixed weapon/effect sorting in DM-Gateway snow
* Fixed extraneous "Player" entries in campaign scoreboard
* Fixed some getting stuck and outside the world bugs
* No longer display "Player is on red/blue" messages in campaign
* Fixed a Torlan bot pathing bug
* Fix for too many custom characters causing texture corruption
* Keyboard jump now does Smart Jump
* Fix for tilt controlling player sometimes
* Removed Warfare Score Limit of 0 in UI
* Disabled 3d sound positioning on mission briefing sounds
* Fixed exploits with ViewNextPlayer in rare cases
* Fixed some HUD positioning bugs
* Fixed a Darkwalker AI bug
* Fixed some teleporter timing bugs
* Fixed low-bandwidth, large player count connectivity

Europe & U.S.

* Mods now on root of memory device, can download easier from PS3 web browser
* Fixed VOIP quality issues
* Fixed some headset connection issues
* Added support for full character mods (heads/premade whole characters)
* No longer need to reboot after importing a character mod to see it in menus
* DLC no longer acts like a user mod (being listed in MyContent and causing disable mod crash dialog)
* Fix for bootup and import slowdown with many mods installed
* Add a VOIP icon when VOIP is active (button held down)
* Fixes for corrupted the auto-mod-download cache
* Fix for flickering auto-download text
* Fix for getting stuck in multiplayer menu if you get in before gamespy connects
* Fixed a mod problem with switching between mod and shipping maps with clients
teleporting randomly
* Fixed a mod problem with multiple gametype mods installed, only first one imported would work
* Fixed Leviathan deploy icon
* Bots now respect players feigning death (depending on bot skill level)
* Bots now respect sandstorm "blindness"
* Fix for bots picking linkgun mode

"The US version has more fixes included in this patch. This is because later release date of the European version allowed us to include them on the disc."

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/37...tch-Approaches

epmode

spyshagg said:
edit: just read in the official forums that in Europe, 90% are playing the pc version. In america, 90% are playing the ps3 version. I live in europe.
sucks
Unless I'm mistaken, it seems as though the PC version is getting more popular in America, what with the Steam release.

BPK

You guys should seriously get these two mods:

Garden of Dreams

Tokay Towers

Both are absolutely brilliant and could pass as a level included in the actual game. It blows my mind that each of these was created by just one person as opposed to a whole team.

Synless

BPK said:
You guys should seriously get these two mods:

Garden of Dreams

Tokay Towers

Both are absolutely brilliant and could pass as a level included in the actual game. It blows my mind that each of these was created by just one person as opposed to a whole team.
Agreed, Garden of Dreams in incredible.

Erebus

Played a couple of rounds in Morbius and Face on PS3! Absolutely fantastic, those two maps happen to be my favourites.:D

BPK

DarkUSS said:
Played a couple of rounds in Morbius and Face on PS3! Absolutely fantastic, those two maps happen to be my favourites.:D

Morbius is fun but it's way too simple. I can see rocket spammers having a field day on that level.

tha_con

Banned
Played some today for the first time in a long while...

And I downloaded all the character skins...and encountered many Master Chief clones...I was in an 8 player room, fighting 7 MC's. Awesome.

Erebus

BPK said:
Morbius is fun but it's way too simple. I can see rocket spammers having a field day on that level.

Yeah but that's the point here. Morbius also works well for instagib battles. 5-player matches are ideal for the map.

mr stroke

epmode said:
Unless I'm mistaken, it seems as though the PC version is getting more popular in America, what with the Steam release.

anyone out there still playing the PC version? I heard the community was dead, but with it being on Steam and my new PC I might have to jump back in the game(hated the PS version)...tons of full servers now?

Top Bottom