• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

Whoops, it's in UTgame.ini,

There are multiple references to it, be sure to uncomment them all, I *think*. Except for remove on PC, leave that commented.

Note: I haven't actually used it myself, and I did see a screenshot of it in action on the Epic forums though.

disclaimer: blah blah AMFYOYO.

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
It works!

ScreenShot00118.sized.jpg

Wollan

They're doing the same mistake as with Uncharted (if they're doing ads for UT3 at all). Advertising it not a day before release or sometimes after. There is no event. Only a handful of informed gamers.

Madman

Wollan said:
They're doing the same mistake as with Uncharted (if they're doing ads for UT3 at all). Advertising it not a day before release or sometimes after. There is no event. Only a handful of informed gamers.
They had the commercial out about a week before the official release. Advertising like Halo (which seems like what you are refering to) probably costs more then some next gen games. Sony can do pretty much nothing more as far as advertising.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Wollan said:

It's Midway's job to advertise UT3 unless they make an agreement with Sony.

Wollan said:
yeah, and thats the entire user base right now. I really think sony wait on advertising because they dont have enough systems out yet. Anyone who has one knows UT is coming. They will advertise more the week of and after so get system buyers and gift buyers to pick it up.

"Hey tekno have you been playing recently? I haven't seen you on or anyone from gaf for that matter."

Yup. Usually hopping on TDM servers or CTF, assuming there's one that's populated :(.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I suppose I continue my campaign in here now: Does anyone know if the PS3 version offers both X and Y axis inversion?

Wollan said:

Yet you can't escape ads for The Game Which Shall Not Be Named That Got Gerstmann Fired.

16x16smileysadgi9.gif

"Yup. Usually hopping on TDM servers or CTF, assuming there's one that's populated :(."

Ah, maybe I've just been going on at weird times lately. Ya I kind of disappointed at how deserted a lot of the servers are especially something like TDM and CTF which I would assume would be pretty popular.

Wollan

DeadGzuz said:
It's Midway's job to advertise UT3 unless they make an agreement with Sony.
It would be naive of Sony to rely only on Midway for this. Both considering Midway's utter lackluster promotion of the game so far and the fact that Sony has been pumping money into Epic lately and sending them experts to get the PS3 code up to par.

CAVE343

kenta said:
I suppose I continue my campaign in here now: Does anyone know if the PS3 version offers both X and Y axis inversion?

Why would you want to inverse the y axis? Don't know the answer though :)

JonAmikar said:
It works!
Hehe looks funny

And yeah, only the warfare servers are pretty packed and I can always find a good Deck server :)

Yeah, I've been watching that tournament all weekend. It's *great* stuff.

Also, Stryfe vs. numb|51 is HORRIBLY onesided. Better to watch Osis vs. Epitaph I think, there was also another match that was practically like watching chess. Might've been de'pain vs. Flux.

Wollan said:
It would be naive of Sony to rely only on Midway for this. Both considering Midway's utter lackluster promotion of the game so far and the fact that Sony has been pumping money into Epic lately and sending them experts to get the PS3 code up to par.

You understand that the marketing isn't as easy as "let's push and help", right? There would actually have to be a deal in place in order for Sony to even be allowed to aid in marketing of the game.

polyh3dron said:
Yet you can't escape ads for The Game Which Shall Not Be Named That Got Gerstmann Fired.

16x16smileysadgi9.gif

Or Assassin's "let's just stop working right here, it's good enough!" Creed.

Wollan

I doubt Midway would turn down an offer from Sony in regards to this. That is, if Sony is on the ball in regards to this which I doubt.

emacs

Teknopathetic said:
Er, it looks like Pod9 only designed the Unreal Tournament 3 website.

yes, along with online banner campaigns. i do wonder who else shares the advertising duties in other mediums.

Matt_C

If anybody from Epic is reading this, what kind of keyboard and mouse is compatible with the PS3 since I am thinking about getting one of those higher end Logitech mice with adjustible dpi? Does Unreal allow PC only features of in game manual mouse adjistibllity settings only reservded for windows based computers? Would the Z-fang work in UT3 as well since I picked it up for cheap ($5 FTW @ BB)?

dralla

I don't even feel like buying the game anymore. Why spend $60 when no one is going to buy it? Epic, put out a demo. Sony, put it on your commercials. Midway, put up ad's. FUCK

GameGamer

dralla said:
I don't even feel like buying the game anymore. Why spend $60 when no one is going to buy it? Epic, put out a demo. Sony, put it on your commercials. Midway, put up ad's. FUCK

You don't understand the biz.

The less you do, the more you make!

No_Style

dralla said:

I'm sure your decision will help the cause.

Matt_C said:
If anybody from Epic is reading this, what kind of keyboard and mouse is compatible with the PS3 since I am thinking about getting one of those higher end Logitech mice with adjustible dpi? Does Unreal allow PC only features of in game manual mouse adjistibllity settings only reservded for windows based computers? Would the Z-fang work in UT3 as well since I picked it up for cheap ($5 FTW @ BB)?

Just about anything, I believe. If it works with the PS3, it should work with UT3.

No_Style said:
I'm sure your decision will help the cause.

Just about anything, I believe. If it works with the PS3, it should work with UT3.
anything usb should work. I have a decent trackball that works.

JonAmikar said:
A fellow trackball user!

Logitech_marble_mouse_trackball_blog-749054.jpg
:) I swore by it for UT4k but I was only ok at the game. It depends, hate turning up the sensitivity too much so I can only aim a small amount of space. Resistance was my first controller shooter. I do more aiming with my left stick (movement) than the right(look).

Teknopathetic said:
Heathens.
LOL. I'm getting it for ps3 and I don't have a table anymore. No where to move a mouse, so its controller or keyboard trackball which doesn't work well. I likely stick to controller use, but if the games are separated I don't want to miss out on killing half of you.

Teknopathetic said:
Heathens.

lachesis_3.jpg

Bow before your 4000dpi master.

Note, I only have a Copperhead, a 2000dpi lesser deity.

I've actually heard some pretty bad things about the lachesis. I'm using a deathadder, which I absolutely love so far (only had it about 2 weeks).

After some getting used to it, I think the graphics in this game work REALLY well for the techno themed maps. In fact, they may be some of the nicest looking realtime environments I've seen. They just looked so ornate and detailed. The more normal themed maps, such as ShangriLa are less suited for the graphics style, but not terribly so.

But damn, Strident and Fearless are both very freaking cool looking maps.

I also like that they seem to have strived to make maps as unique as possible, giving them clearly unique aspects (such as the changing flag position and health pusle on sentinel).

Epic really outdid themselves here. This is hands down my GOTY, as I always though it would be. Bravo, guys.

I think you mean Strident, and yes, the health pulse is cool. Sentinel is the Quake 3-ish looking DM map, which is also super cool for 1v1 or maaaaaaaybe 2v2, max. Reflection and Omicron Dawn are both also cool CTF maps. Defiance is another cool TDM map.

The lighting on Coret is *superb*.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Teknopathetic said:
Heathens.

lachesis_3.jpg

Bow before your 4000dpi master.

Note, I only have a Copperhead, a 2000dpi lesser deity.
Twitch game pros use low sensitivity and huge mouse pads. But I have a small desk so I love my Copperhead.

"Twitch game pros use low sensitivity and huge mouse pads. But I have a small desk so I love my Copperhead."'

Fuck game pros. That said, I have it set for 2000dpi, with game sensitivity low and a really big mouse pad. Makes it really smooth.

Fuck off me.

Top Bottom