• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst topic - Exploration of an uncharted world

Nishastra

Banned
I was about to join you, but you were in a quest and then you quit.

I just tried Episode 2 for the first time earlier... It's like PSO for masochists.

Teknoman

Nishastra said:

I just tried Episode 2 for the first time earlier... It's like PSO for masochists.

lol alright im headed back in to put up a room then.

Nishastra

Banned
89878hell.jpg

Welcome to hell...

(Too bad I didn't get any shots of the huge mass of Sinow Beats. I was too busy trying to not die :p)

Teknoman

Nishastra said:
89878hell.jpg

Welcome to hell...

(Too bad I didn't get any shots of the huge mass of Sinow Beats. I was too busy trying to not die :p)

That was pure mechanized insanity.

At least now, the other sections of the Temple should be unlocked for easy boss farming right? Going to give the Spaceship in EP II a shot today.

Oh and no more Today's Rate, sorry about that last night :lol

Crystalkoen

I did that Nano Dragon fight solo... holy crap, is it stupid hard. I went in around level 18 or so, and STILL barely won. Nothing better than one doing the freeze breath right after the other does the lightning breath. And keep in mind that I was fighting it after having already killed Vol Opt. Terrible boss design.

Then I went into the next area, got to the boss room... and the boss was already dead, loot awaiting me. Talk about buggy.

Anyhow, infos:
Crystalkoen / Surne / HUnewearl

B.K.

Teknoman said:
Beats me, mine is in it's third form (just increasing Dex for ATA) and it only has 2 Photon blasts.

Mine keeps reverting from the third form back to the second form. Every time I play and feed it, it evolves, but when I quit and start a game later, it's back in the second form.

your mags form depends on its max stat, so if your max stat is changing from dex to power then you're mag might evolve into something else

Teknoman

I'll probably be on in a bit, gotta get some other stuff done today though.

Oh yeah and I would've stayed longer last night, but I was dead tired after having gone out yesterday.

Nishastra

Banned
I also lost the level I gained during that, so presumably it's as if none of it ever happened.

EDIT: No, it seems like I went back to a few seconds before I leveled.

B.K.

I finally found my first special weapon. I got a Mace of Adaman+3 while soloing Caves on Hard. If a Force wants it, let me know. I can't equip canes.

Teknoman

B.K. said:
I finally found my first special weapon. I got a Mace of Adaman+3 while soloing Caves on Hard. If a Force wants it, let me know. I can't equip canes.

Caymon or Talindra could probably use that.

firex

I'm downloading the files for this now, but it's probably gonna be a couple weeks before I can play the game since I gotta get a video card in this PC. But I'm gonna play one of three between FOmar, FOnewearl or RAmarl as my main.

JCX

B.K. said:

I'll take it, but I doubt I'm a high enough level for it yet.

B.K.

What are the commands to do all those actions? Even when I was playing PSO on Dreamcast years ago, I never figured them out.

Teknoman

B.K. said:
What are the commands to do all those actions? Even when I was playing PSO on Dreamcast years ago, I never figured them out.

Alt+ a letter or number or F number key.

or

Ctrl+ a letter or number or F number key.

Nishastra

Banned
In the customize menu, when you're picking the action for a button, hit the number you want whatever you have selected to be on.

Costanza

Banned
I'm finally downloading this now.. anyone wanna play/help me get started when I'm done?

edit: do those mediafire links only let you grab one part at a time? keeps timing out when I click to DL the second one.

Teknoman

Costanza said:
I'm finally downloading this now.. anyone wanna play/help me get started when I'm done?

edit: do those mediafire links only let you grab one part at a time? keeps timing out when I click to DL the second one.

Try the one that nets you the whole client at once.

Costanza

Banned
Teknoman said:
Try the one that nets you the whole client at once.
uh, which one is that?

I'm dl'ing

To install PSO BB with all the patchs and all of the fixes all you have to do now is just use this one simple install and you click the desktop icon and play!
The vista fix is also included but it is listed in the start menu and not the Desktop so you will have to use that to run it or copy that one to your desktop, and use the one on your desktop to update the game.

(Although you still need WinRar to extract the installer because it is split so you need to downlaod all of the files to unrar it)
(I also used mediafire to host so no wait time or speedlimits)
currently.

Teknoman

Scroll down some, under the step 1 section.

After that just follow Step 2 and so on, should have you set up correctly.

Costanza

Banned
I ended up going with the Bugz version since it downloaded really fast... but are some of the menus supposed to be in Japanese?

Nishastra

Banned
Menus? Some of the graphics in the menus are, but the text itself shouldn't be, assuming you're set to English (should be by default).

Costanza

Banned
Nishastra said:
Menus? Some of the graphics in the menus are, but the text itself shouldn't be, assuming you're set to English (should be by default).
Yeah, there's a lot of english text too. I was talking about those graphics, then.

Crystalkoen

Nishastra: What are those Orange icons on your hotbar? I recognize the icon types, but I don't recognize what they link to (items?).

As for Mags: Your highest stat influences your first evolution, then your highest stat combined with your other stats balance combined with your Section ID influences the second (level 50) evolution. Example: Dex highest, Str higher than Mst at level 50 will give a different result for a Greenil than for a Pinkal (making the SID part up, they might be the same Mag chart, but you get the idea). Photon Blasts are based on what the Mag evolves into. Everything gets Farlla at first evolution. If your third form shares a PB with the second form, you won't gain anything at the second evolution. Every 5 levels past 50, if your stat balance has changed, your Mag will change to a different form. If that form has a PB you do not have yet, and you have less than 3 PBs, you'll gain that PB.

I haven't seen it mentioned yet (or displayed in the Screenshots), but remember that you can chain different PBs in sequence in a multiplayer game.

It's amazing what I remember 7 years after having played the original >.>

firex

ok, I made a FOmar named Ewan, but I'll be on and in the game later since I need to go buy a 360 pad.

edit: and I remember shitloads of mag stuff since just a year ago I was playing the GC version on private servers. the first PB a mag gets is based upon what class makes it (FO = a healing thing, RA = the dolphin line attack and HU = that ring attack) and the later ones are based upon what the most dominant stat is for the growth chart according to your section ID.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Nishastra said:

God, no kidding. I just jumped in there for a little while earlier, and while part of it may just be that I'm a little low levelled to be in there, it was just a freaking grind. Those stupid plant things that run away after you hit them like twice + the stupid bugs that either hover up out of reach or fly around to your back after you hit them once + a Sinow ______ that I ran into that looked transparent and who I could only hit once before having to wait a few seconds for it to become corporeal again = the suck.

firex

I remember being able to solo most of episode 2 offline on the GC version with my old FOmar, but I think the GC's offline mode was way easier than online. and still, I had to be over level 100 to do it. But it wasn't too bad. Episode 2 is like an even harder mode though. If you're taking it on you need to be capable of clearing Ep1 on the difficulty level above what you're trying Ep2 on.

Top Bottom