• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst topic - Exploration of an uncharted world

Teknoman

Damn it! Right before the boss last night in the third area of EP II, I go back to town...and the game crashed. Random crash, but still sucked. Anyway screen time (EP II looks pretty nice once you get out of the VR areas...though I still like the VR boss designs)

34smjb6.jpg

lol Xbawks
n6v0b7.jpg

2nbzx2a.jpg

2url5c0.jpg

Splits...in two?!
9gcaq1.jpg

2a0et6b.jpg

o02n7l.jpg

4v65xv.jpg

2m2ubl1.jpg

Nishastra

Banned
Teknoman said:
Damn it! Right before the boss last night in the third area of EP II, I go back to town...and the game crashed. Random crash, but still sucked.
We went on and beat him without you, though it wasn't very easy :p

shinjijai

how do you guys set the action shortcuts? i've read sega's faqs, but i can't find the menu (action list) they are talking about after customize...

firex

man, I still hate keyboard controls with this game. I don't get how sega couldn't have made mouse work for the 3 action buttons. it's not like windows mice aren't 3 or more buttons by default now.

JCX

firex said:
man, I still hate keyboard controls with this game. I don't get how sega couldn't have made mouse work for the 3 action buttons. it's not like windows mice aren't 3 or more buttons by default now.

I use a usb controller. Makes everything so much easier and I am used to playing on controllers anyway.

Ainaurdur

firex said:
yeah, I'm gonna wind up buying a 360 pad in a week or so.
A couple months ago I bought a USB to GC/PS2/Xbox adapter. Using the GC controller, so it feels just like playing it on the Gamecube. Works very well.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I'm using a PS2 to PC adapter I bought a few years back at Radioshack for 10 bucks. Works like a charm on this and Psychonauts.

JCX

Ainaurdur said:
A couple months ago I bought a USB to GC/PS2/Xbox adapter. Using the GC controller, so it feels just like playing it on the Gamecube. Works very well.

Where did you buy it from?

Ainaurdur

JCX9 said:
Where did you buy it from?
I believe it was Amazon. Just did a search there, and the one I have is not currently available. And since it was a 3rd party seller, I'll bet it won't become available again, but surely someplace out there has them. If I run across such a place, or hear of one, I'll come back with the info.

MutFox

Banned
Is there a backup server we're using?
Terra Luna has been down pretty much all day, dunno if it's coming back.

You guys wanna meet at Oceanica/BLOCK 1?

Nishastra

Banned
MutFox said:
Is there a backup server we're using?
Terra Luna has been down pretty much all day, dunno if it's coming back.

You guys wanna meet at Oceanica/BLOCK 1?
That's where I've been since Terra's Luna went down.

Crystalkoen

So yeah... Olga Flux (Ep 2 Final Boss) is broken. So very broken. Normal difficulty, Kiriyama at level 46, my Hunter at 21, and we both get pretty well 1-shotted at the beginning of phase 2. So yeah, don't try that with less than 4 people, and not before level 40, or it's just like playing your own home version of "Will it Blend?", and the final result is "It Blends!".

Although I am grateful for that run for one reason: It reminded me of my true calling in the game, as I played most of the area as support to Kiriyama. Rerolled as a FOnewm named Ceros (My original character back in the Dreamcast days), should be nice having more of those around... saying I'm ever playing when the rest of you are >.>

Nishastra

Banned
This thread is getting too quiet, so here's a random picture:

64201desert3.jpg

EDIT: I can't stand to listen to mew plushi talk any more, so I'm done standing around in the lobby for now :p

Nishastra

Banned
If anyone happens to want a Photon Claw, I have four clogging up my bank.

I also have a couple of extra Flowen's Swords.

EDIT: Got yet another Flowen's Sword as well as an extra Last Survivor.

Nishastra

Banned
In Episode 2, there's a quest under the "Shop" heading. Over by the hospital is the FOnewm who's always losing things in the item retrieval quests in Episode 1. Talk to him.

Just know that you can't get anything particularly good with only one except an AddSlot.

yeah save those photon drops till you have 99, hehe

damn I want a gamepad, maybe I should just give in and buy one

online now if anyone is down for a game

Crystalkoen

Just buy one of those PS2 to USB converters, or a PC Magic Box (Which is PS2/Gamecube/Saturn?). The first is 10 bucks from your local Radio Shack, the second is 30 bucks if you can find one online, I know they used to be easy to pick up on eBay.

JCX

I'm mad that I died before beating barba ray so I got no items or experience. I'll probably be on later tonight, but being a force has made me poor.

Yeah, terra's luna goes down way too often.

we could go to oceanica. the other ones are way too foreign in population (chinese/japanese/koreans)

there's always horizon if worse comes to worse.

Nishastra

Banned
Wyndstryker said:
Yeah, terra's luna goes down way too often.

we could go to oceanica. the other ones are way too foreign in population (chinese/japanese/koreans)
And in mission text.

Oceanica looks to be the best option.

EDIT: Haaahaha. I go on to look and OCEANICA is down. They're on to us!

lol, was just about to log in too.

Ok, we should just have a priority list instead of just a dedicated server.

If one is down, we go to the next. If that is down too, then the next.

Teknoman

Nishastra said:
This thread is getting too quiet, so here's a random picture:

64201desert3.jpg

EDIT: I can't stand to listen to mew plushi talk any more, so I'm done standing around in the lobby for now :p

lol seriously...they need to take their psychiatric problems else where. Not being mean, but I dont log into PSO to hear about medication and depression.

Im missing everything because of this huge pile of work i've gotta do.

bengraven

So basically you just need to go buy the PC version and you can play for free now?

Sorry, I've loved me some PSO back in the GC days and have been out of the loop.

Costanza

Banned
bengraven said:
So basically you just need to go buy the PC version and you can play for free now?

Sorry, I've loved me some PSO back in the GC days and have been out of the loop.
don't have to buy anything.. just download it from the link in the OP

Teknoman

bengraven said:

Nope, read the original first info post, and you'll have all you need.

MutFox

Banned
Wyndstryker said:
lol, was just about to log in too.

Ok, we should just have a priority list instead of just a dedicated server.

If one is down, we go to the next. If that is down too, then the next.
This is a VERY good idea.

Hey Tekno, can you update the OP with this info??

This needs to be done.

I don't trust Terra Luna very much anymore.

Teknoman

MutFox said:
This is a VERY good idea.

Hey Tekno, can you update the OP with this info??

This needs to be done.

I don't trust Terra Luna very much anymore.

Sure but the order has to be decided.

EDIT: WTF Optimus?!

firex

I'm gonna log in and try this ancient gamepad I found back in one of my boxes of old gaming stuff, but chances are it'll suck balls.

JoeFu

Banned
firex said:
I'm gonna log in and try this ancient gamepad I found back in one of my boxes of old gaming stuff, but chances are it'll suck balls.

I don't even have a gaming pad. I'm going to have to play this with my keyboard.

firex

oh god, prepare for pain. I tried keyboard before and it was as atrociously designed as you'd expect a japanese PC port to be.

JoeFu

Banned
omfg i'm level 3 now. took me a while to get used to the keyboard, but I think I can handle it. Anybody on right now?

Top Bottom