• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

Mrbob

Ecnal i'm back if you want to play. Going to go play Dota 2 for now.

Otherwise I should be able to play tomorrow night after the bball game.

Edit: Ecnal i added you as a friend on Steam. That is the best place to get a hold of me.

ph33nix. When do we start the first games?

Edit: I don't think I ever received the invite for the league.

:( To get things organized and make sure people committed, I did a recount starting Monday for 3 days...this was just to see who checked the thread because as you know there's always people who sign up or show interest and then never show up again. so I only put in those who checked the thread those three days. sorry!

if you want to be first alternate when someone drops let me know

that's why people should be active in the threads because things come up like that. hopefully if one of the other dudes doesn't show we can get you that spot jabee :(

JABEE

that's why people should be active in the threads because things come up like that. hopefully if one of the other dudes doesn't show we can get you that spot jabee :(

Yeah. You guys got someone else to be the Phillies? I should have been checking this thread more often. That's okay. I'll just keep practicing.

turnbuckle

Drizz, I don't think I can play tomorrow night until after 10:30pm EST. Forgot I joined a running group on Tuesdays and tomorrow is our first night (tonight is kickball night lol...)

If you wanna start between 10:30pm and midnight tomorrow I can. Or Wednesday I could play anytime from 9:30 to midnight. Sorry my weeknight availability is generally so late. I'm not sure when the next series advances, but I could do a little earlier (say, around 8pm to midnight) on Thursday if our series is still active. Just lemme know if any of those work for you and we'll make it happen!

This first advance will be a bit longer for first week reasons but after, no more than six days. First advance will be Saturday, and depending on how many games are left or whatever the situation is I'll advance either afternoon or night around 8 ct

Ferny

I think his head exploded with all the success he was having against me lol

I won't be available tonight, but are you free tomorrow? We can either finish the last two games or do one and leave the other for another night. I'm down for either.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It's been almost impossible to get my games with EZ in. Probably going to need every bit of time until next Saturday to find a way to get these games played. We must be on completely different schedules or something.

I feel like I'm stalking him or something, sending PSN messages every few hours. LOL

Drizz, I don't think I can play tomorrow night until after 10:30pm EST. Forgot I joined a running group on Tuesdays and tomorrow is our first night (tonight is kickball night lol...)

If you wanna start between 10:30pm and midnight tomorrow I can. Or Wednesday I could play anytime from 9:30 to midnight. Sorry my weeknight availability is generally so late. I'm not sure when the next series advances, but I could do a little earlier (say, around 8pm to midnight) on Thursday if our series is still active. Just lemme know if any of those work for you and we'll make it happen!
Ok. Probably play Wednesday. Might feel up to it tomorrow night tho, lets play tomorrow by ear.

Ferny

It's been almost impossible to get my games with EZ in. Probably going to need every bit of time until next Saturday to find a way to get these games played. We must be on completely different schedules or something.

I feel like I'm stalking him or something, sending PSN messages every few hours. LOL
He's been so difficult to get stuff done with. In the HS tournament I'm running, two different people have said they could never get in touch with him.

He's also a giant doucebag and hope he gets permabanned for being a shitty asshole.

Ferny

Oh I also wanted to mention that my game with Dmn was great from start to finish. No lag at all, at least on my end. I really think they are going to keep improving it and making it better this go around.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Oh I also wanted to mention that my game with Dmn was great from start to finish. No lag at all, at least on my end. I really think they are going to keep improving it and making it better this go around.

Me and fmt had two OK games, then the third one crashed. I'm not a believer just yet

DietRob

Supposed to meet up with ez in a half hour and plow through the entire series. Hope psn is ready. I'm getting really frustrated with disconnects and lag fest games.

eznark

Banned
We said tomorrow friend. Also I am unbanned. For now. So it won't be such a nightmare to schedule with me. Or maybe it will be worse. I don't know.

Fuck the cardinals.

DietRob

Stick to community threads and avoid dumb bans..

I sent you a message on steam. In short I don't know how to tell what day it is.

nope. this actually isn't true. there are about 4-5 plays every game where you and your opponent see different things. you very well may not have seen anything out of the ordinary, but your opponent may have in the same game. the game is mostly smooth but between these issues and the still random disconnects they still have a ways to go to get to maddens level

DietRob

nope. this actually isn't true. there are about 4-5 plays every game where you and your opponent see different things. you very well may not have seen anything out of the ordinary, but your opponent may have in the same game. the game is mostly smooth but between these issues and the still random disconnects they still have a ways to go to get to maddens level

Not to mention the multitude of steps you have to go through to even play an online game against someone you know. MLB is an awesome single player game and has been for a long time. I would be 100% OK with them leaving everything else exactly the same but hiring competent network designers for MLB 15.

Go poach somebody from the madden online team or something.

Ferny

I don't know if that's the case in every game. I've played Phee and a couple buddies countless times and never had a problem like that and he streamed the match so I can see what the game was like on his end. It may be more prevalent for some people more so than others.

ecnal

bob and i had a good game -- seemed good lag wise on my end.

ph33nix: when are we planning on advancing? 1 week per series?

Top Bottom