• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

Tim-Donaghy.jpg

turnbuckle

Ok. Probably play Wednesday. Might feel up to it tomorrow night tho, lets play tomorrow by ear.

Hey man, I had some kind of freak injury last night so I'll be available earlier today than previously planned. I could play as early as 7 or 8 if either time works for you. I'll be on the game either way around then RTTSing it; just pop me an invite if you see me and I'll join asap.

turnbuckle

Reading about the game crashes here - is it a hard crash or is the game freezing? i.e. is it a BSOD or does the game just stick? Is there anything in particular being done leading up to the crash or is it spontaneous?

There was a freeze bug in the game that persisted for years and years and there was a variation on it last year for a period of time. It had something to do with bullpen management. The old glitch basically was caused anytime you would use the pause (options) menu to get to the bullpen, but it wouldn't happen if you used the quick menu to get there via the d-pad (press up on the d-pad during an at-bat). I can't really remember what the glitch was last year but it was bullpen related too.

If these crashes are just happening out of the blue then I dunno, but I'm not surprised. Sony makes an incredible single player game but their QA staff is severely lacking. Year after year after year.

eznark

Banned
I vote we turn off the ump's can fuck shit up "feature." They are really, really bad this year.

Also, what is hitting set to? Seems like rookie or some shit in the few innings I played before the inevitable disconnect.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I vote we turn off the ump's can fuck shit up "feature." They are really, really bad this year.

Also, what is hitting set to? Seems like rookie or some shit in the few innings I played before the inevitable disconnect.

Hitting and Pitching are both set at All Star.

We're using the OS sliders and yeah I would be down to turn off variable ump

Not sure why you guys think that's unrealistic though!

eznark

Banned
We're using the OS sliders and yeah I would be down to turn off variable ump

Not sure why you guys think that's unrealistic though!

It's realistic but dumb. If we could use PitchFX to eliminate umpire variability (and unions weren't scum) in the real world, we would. We have that ability in the game, we should use it.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, I'm not saying anything is broken, just voicing my preferences which I would have done before we started were I not so unjustly banned.

turnbuckle

Yeah, the umps have called some really questionable balls in the couple games I've played. Curve balls that are nearly in the middle of the zone being called balls. It's more realistic, but I'm cool with ump variability being off too.

v1lla21

How do I get a guy to stop running bases? Some times they run when I hadn't pressed any buttons. Or sometimes they just stop before they get to base and I get tagged out.

Ferny

I say keep Umps the way they are. I don't mind the call every so often that doesn't go your way. Keeps things more interesting even if a call is clearly wrong.

Something like that should be changed for the next season but not when some games have already been played.

DietRob

I say keep Umps the way they are. I don't mind the call every so often that doesn't go your way. Keeps things more interesting even if a call is clearly wrong.

I'm with Ferny but we might be in the minority.

McNei1y

I don't mind keeping the umps the way they are. The only thing that really bothers me is the stupid animations and we wont get that fixed until The Show fixes it.

There was an instance in my game with Commie where Strasburg got a strike 3 call from a fastball way above the umps head though.

Also I was able to get in two hassle free games with v1lla last night. there were some "lol wat" moments but mostly good

I wonder if the conenction quality depends on the time you play

Reading about the game crashes here - is it a hard crash or is the game freezing? i.e. is it a BSOD or does the game just stick? Is there anything in particular being done leading up to the crash or is it spontaneous?

As far as I can tell, it's been completely random. The game crashes and you get sent back to the PS4's home screen. It's happened about 15 times between me or my opponent already, if it was due to something we were doing I would've noticed by now. Hopefully they can get it fixed soon, every game I've played in the league so far has run smooth.

v1lla21

Also I was able to get in two hassle free games with v1lla last night. there were some "lol wat" moments but mostly good

I wonder if the conenction quality depends on the time you play
Yup. Games against you were much smoother than when I played against Crimson. Only thing that bothered me was that sometimes I thought I'd get a base run because it seemed like your outfielders wouldn't get to the ball but then they'd magically appear. Lol.they were fast as fuck too.

turnbuckle

Yup. Games against you were much smoother than when I played against Crimson. Only thing that bothered me was that sometimes I thought I'd get a base run because it seemed like your outfielders wouldn't get to the ball but then they'd magically appear. Lol.they were fast as fuck too.

I'm not sure what type of connections people are using, but this is definitely a game that benefits from using ethernet over wifi. Sometimes it's not practical or possible to use a wired connection, but hopefully most of us that are able to are going wired.

Distance seems to affect the game more than I'm used to in other online games too. At least that's what it seems like when playing a bunch of people in Diamond Dynasty that I knew were playing from another country.

I guess that's all just generic stuff that applies to everything on the internet and online gaming ever, but something about the Show makes every little sub-optimal situation seem like we're playing on 56k.

DietRob

ez i won't be online tonight until a little after 10.

some unexpected late dinner plans.

could probably play one at 7pm if you want. Don't need to leave until 830

Remaining games. There are 4 days until advance.

MrBob2k7 VS ecnaL
MrBob2k7 VS ecnaL
thekranz VS WhatRobEats
thekranz VS WhatRobEats
thekranz VS WhatRobEats
tsizzle420 VS McNeily4
tsizzle420 VS McNeily4
kurruptt VS Dmncnby2k8
kurruptt VS Dmncnby2k8
TheColdOne33 VS frenchmov
CanadaCool589 VS pistolpete294
CanadaCool589 VS pistolpete294
Turnbuckle47 VS TheDrizzlerJ11
SanjuroTsubaki VS EMPTY
SanjuroTsubaki VS EMPTY
SanjuroTsubaki VS EMPTY

turnbuckle

Played an exhibition game with chedominik. Patch definitely didn't fix any Bugs that I could tell. A few weird things happened that game

Top Bottom