• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB

I'll be working outside most of the day. Have to start opening the pool, mow the lawn, and do some stuff in the flower beds. Might be able to play after 9 or 10 tonight if your game.

Look at this nasty mother fucker...
2hM9HaD.jpg

DCX

DCX
Yo! when can you play man? i'm free now and through most of the day and night unless you got shit to do then i will make plans.

DCX

Mrbob

I might be able to play later tonight. I probably won't be home until around 10 central. Gonna go see Xmenz with some friends.

DietRob

I might be able to play later tonight. I probably won't be home until around 10 central. Gonna go see Xmenz with some friends.

ok sounds good i'll try to find you tonight. i'm sure we'll figure something out

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB

I'll be working outside most of the day. Have to start opening the pool, mow the lawn, and do some stuff in the flower beds. Might be able to play after 9 or 10 tonight if your game.

Look at this nasty mother fucker...
2hM9HaD.jpg

looks like a pretty nice pool area once it's back in shape though!

i've pretty much had it with the pool company i have to maintenance my pool. there always seems to be some issue with my automatic pool cleaner or the pump. that in itself isn't their fault but i don't always go out there to check on it and then when i do on the weekend its like oh there's a problem... why didn't they let me know about this. then i have to call and they say oh oh we'll check it out this week when we're out. motherfucker why do i pay you if you're not going to maintain my pool!

DietRob

i've pretty much had it with the pool company i have to maintenance my pool. there always seems to be some issue with my automatic pool cleaner or the pump. that in itself isn't their fault but i don't always go out there to check on it and then when i do on the weekend its like oh there's a problem... why didn't they let me know about this. then i have to call and they say oh oh we'll check it out this week when we're out. motherfucker why do i pay you if you're not going to maintain my pool!

OH... Look at Mr Fancy pants with a pool boy! Do you have a crew to feed you grapes while lounging in the pool area? Hahaa. Just kidding. Yea once is shapes up it's really nice back there and a good chill spot that is surrounded by big grass shrubs and woods in the back so it's nice and private. I think I'm going to use this product called 'deck over' to 'paint' over my concrete back there. Apparently it makes it very easy to clean and looks very nice from the small sample I looked at Home Depot. I'll try to remember to take a pic once all is done. Problem is I have a mesh safety cover so it is always a literal swamp since the mesh lets light in and light plus water equals algae.

We had a pool service the first few years but had problems with them kinda like you explained. I ended up canning them. Still probably spend just about as on chemicals and my own manual labor as I would on a service though. I guess you just need to find a good one. Maybe an independent company would do better than the big corp company we had last time..

Anyways enough rambling.. I'm taking a break from the heat and back breaking work for a few but need to get back out there.

Mrbob

I'm assuming you are keeping him for the eye candy.

Sanjuro

I was really hoping this would turn into a story about them not satisfying your wife properly.

Mrbob

Just got home. Went out for a bit. Have to get up early again tomorrow so I can't play tonight. We can play after the Blackhawks game tomorrow night.

turnbuckle

Turnbuckle, when do you have time to play?

Sorry, family emergency has kept me away from this thread the last day or so. We're having a cookout at the house today at either 5 or 6pm. I could try to get a game or two in before hand, or depending on my alcohol content I could play afterwards. If not, I could play tomorrow around 10mpm EST. Same for Wednesday. Thursday I may be able to get some in earlier, say around 8pm, and could do around 9pm Friday or on Saturday morning around 10am.

This week's been kind of a mess to start. I'm heading home now, so if you wanna get games in before my cookout we could do that.

DietRob

Brehs, I'm too old or out of shape or both for this shit.. body is fucking weary..

progress.. sorta..
F7lAQlw.jpg

lighter shade of green at least, heh.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
As someone who has worked on pools in the past, i can almost assure you that you'll have to empty that and refill it.

MLB is the gift that keeps giving! Its fun when it works, but man its wearing on my patience when it doesnt.

v1lla21

Sorry, family emergency has kept me away from this thread the last day or so. We're having a cookout at the house today at either 5 or 6pm. I could try to get a game or two in before hand, or depending on my alcohol content I could play afterwards. If not, I could play tomorrow around 10mpm EST. Same for Wednesday. Thursday I may be able to get some in earlier, say around 8pm, and could do around 9pm Friday or on Saturday morning around 10am.

This week's been kind of a mess to start. I'm heading home now, so if you wanna get games in before my cookout we could do that.
Sorry to hear that :/ I won't be home today. I can't play tomorrow though and the other days too except for Saturday as I'll be working in the morning.

DietRob

I would empty it, scrub it down, and fill it back up.

The pool area itself is real nice. I agree with emptying it though.

As someone who has worked on pools in the past, i can almost assure you that you'll have to empty that and refill it.

Nah bros. It's like this (actually worse the first year) every year for the past 5 I've been here. Just takes a shit load of liquid chlorine and time. It would be a nightmare to empty a 30k gallon pool and try to fill it back up. I'm just bitching about it but it should look amazing by at least Thursday or Friday. Thanks for the compliments on the pool area though it's really great once everything is together.

edit.. also I don't even want to think about what my water and sewage bill would look like if I did that!

I was finally able to play my first two games against dmn. The second game might not have registered though.

Edit: nope it didn't count. I won that game 5-1.

I still want us to shoot for Thursday, I'll look at it at the end and I'm open to extension

In the meantime where are you Ecnal

Top Bottom