• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

v1lla21

Oh, if the advance is at 10pm EST tonight we should sim the Tigers/Giants game. I don't think I'll be getting home too much before then.

We would've gotten all 3 games in last night if it weren't for myriad technical issues :(
Fack. I'm getting out early today. I'll be home around 7:30pm est just in case you get out early and we have time to play.

turnbuckle

Fack. I'm getting out early today. I'll be home around 7:30pm est just in case you get out early and we have time to play.

Haha, didn't know if you'd be getting out early. I'll shift my plans an hour earlier and just go in an hour earlier to work tomorrow. Ph33 - could we extend the advancement to 11pm just in case? I think I'll be home around 8:30-9pm but I'd like to have a little wiggle room in case the game goes nuts on us again.

Not sure who I'm gonna have on the mound tonight. I think one of my games got simmed with Drizz even though we played it and it's resulted in me accidentally going with a 3 man these first 6 games (checking the stats I have Verlander with 2 starts, Sanchez and Scherzer each with 1, Porcello and Smyly with 0). So I'm either gonna have to toss Smyly or Porcello even if Scherzer has full stamina. Fair's fair, I didn't notice or think about it until now.

turnbuckle

V1lla's car battery died. I left work early to get game in so I need to get up an hour earlier. We should sim the game, I won't be awake to play :p.

v1lla21

Good game man. I was really hoping that I'd get a grand slam but you managed that very well. I swear, I got worse at the game.

ecnal

ya, gg.

kennedy has no control in this game or something and his pitches are all slow, so i was pretty lucky to force some crucial double plays.

i'm good to play a game most days, so just hollar when you want to go again!

Can anybody stop the Braves?!

Can't believe it only took 3 tries to finish this series. Took me and dmn about 15 tries before we could finish all the games.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Fuck this is bullshit.

Why do I always get disconnected when I'm beating the piss out of someone.

DietRob

I would have some monster stats if all of these games that I'm leading by 6,7,8 runs would have finished. lol

DietRob

Is suspend/resume a thing now for ps4?

I forgot I had MLB running and went to AZ prime video and it said it was suspending MLB. Have I been living under a rock or something?

Had some great games with the Braves but he swept the fuck out of me. All close games, can't wait for the rematch

Yea man you got a good eye. You got a lot of base hits and murdered my bullpen. It seemed like everybody in your lineup had at least an 80-90 in contact. Definitely not looking forward to the next series I know you're going to win some then. Hopefully Kris Medlen will be rested and ready to go one of the games.

Heyward is finally back! Was supposed to only be 3 games but he was gone for 5.

I forgot I had MLB running and went to AZ prime video and it said it was suspending MLB. Have I been living under a rock or something?

It's been like that since at least March when I got my ps4. But some things you can't run at the same time.

v1lla21

I think it's been like that since launch. If you were playing a game and switch over to one of the video apps, it'll suspend your game.

turnbuckle

Which person has Toronto? Wanna get one, two, or all three of our games in tonight starting around 8pm EST? I won't be able to play tomorrow (or any Monday, really) but I could also get games in around 9pm on Tuesday-Thursday.

DietRob

I think it's been like that since launch. If you were playing a game and switch over to one of the video apps, it'll suspend your game.

Ah, Ok. I guess I got confused. It's not the feature of being able to suspend your gameplay while going into standby mode like they talked about at e3 or the PS meeting then. Gotcha.

Ok new series. Who do I play if you wouldn't mind telling me Phee?

WhatRobEats

Also in my game with Crimson all games went pretty smoothly and did not disconnect, but there were two huge plays where I have no idea what the hell happened lol. Hopefully......yeah not gonna even bother. Thank you for letting us finish our game based Sony!

Which person has Toronto? Wanna get one, two, or all three of our games in tonight starting around 8pm EST? I won't be able to play tomorrow (or any Monday, really) but I could also get games in around 9pm on Tuesday-Thursday.

CanadaCool589, can't play until after midnight tonight, I will be around Tuesday night and probably Thursday night

Top Bottom