• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

How does Saturday daytime sound? Seems like that's a time when most can be around...

Otherwise Wednesday and Friday work for me too.

Or we could all just play the lottery and play with whatever team that gets drafted us, lol. But I guess that'd take some of the fun out.

If only could I pause :-(

Also for now I took the Rangers so you can have the Marlins, Drizzler. I'm just going to take whatever team is left over and whatever ball park I would like to play at.

What about if we draft here and then you just create the rosters for us :p Could take daaaays to get all the picks done though lol

If we do it Saturday can it be around 1 or so EST?

That time works for me

If this game wasn't defected as fuck, I could just set the draft time to be like Wednesday as soon as people sign in, then people would have time to set draft boards and stuff if they couldn't make it

Goddamnit Sony

That time works for me

If this game wasn't defected as fuck, I could just set the draft time to be like Wednesday as soon as people sign in, then people would have time to set draft boards and stuff if they couldn't make it

Goddamnit Sony

Is there a website we could use to draft teams? And then manually set rosters?

Similar to Yahoo?

lol jonsson pls

do you think they would have that in this game for us :(

all I could do is just fantasy draft it and then we can all trade to our heart's delight lol

:|

Sony needs a fantasy sports person

So I assume 10 fantasy drafted teams are going to have bullpens full of closers and starters? lol

Yeah I don't give a shit about people drafting starters to be in relief. Let's just roll with no restrictions and see where this takes us...

As long as people aren't using starters in relief then I'm good. I would like an established 4-5 man rotation regardless

I vote screw that. Make it simple, SPs are SPs. There are plenty of badass CPs and RPs for all of us to have stacked bullpens without all but eliminating stamina from the game.

Yeah I don't give a shit about people drafting starters to be in relief. Let's just roll with no restrictions and see where this takes us...

As long as people aren't using starters in relief then I'm good. I would like an established 4-5 man rotation regardless

DH on for all teams too

Teams have a right to make pitchers relievers if they feel like it. I'm not changing that rule.

As for all DH I'm actually leaning towards NO DH. Yeah we'll all have good pitching pretty much every game...but we'll also have good hitting too, easily. So I think it'll naturally be balanced

Yeah in the 6 player dummy league there are legit good players in Triple A at just about every position. I'm not worried about lack of depth anywhere lol

Jonsson suggested 1 ET on Saturday...unless someone comes forward and suggests otherwise that will be the time for now.

I could do Friday as well but I don't think more are available then. Right now the only person missing would be Rob but he will have to be content with whatever stAcked team he gets!

Jonsson suggested 1 ET on Saturday...unless someone comes forward and suggests otherwise that will be the time for now.

I could do Friday as well but I don't think more are available then. Right now the only person missing would be Rob but he will have to be content with whatever stAcked team he gets!

Is there anyway we could do it at 2 or 3 ET?

If 1 ET is better for everybody I can probably find a way to make it then. 2 would work a lot better for me but whatever y'all decide I'll try my best to be there.

How about 1:30 ET

And the timer is 20 seconds. So yall better act quick and work the queues while others are going or else have someone chosen for you!
I think it'd be great to get us all in a party too

Could also do something fun where we start the draft tonight, make the timer 2 minutes...feel free to check into PSN when you think it's your turn to pick :p

Last post was kind of a joke but it would be fun to check the draft board in the middle of the night "god damn it! I didn't want saltalamacchia!"

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I won't be back from out of town in time for the draft so I'll just roll with whoever San Diego studios stellar game logic chooses for me. This is going to be interesting, lol.

In the 6 player league this a sample CPU drafted team

Kershaw
Greinke
Scherzer
Latos
Gio Gonzalez

Frieri, McGee, Peralta, Cook, Doolittle, K-Rod, Uehara in bullpen

Reyes, Bourne, E. Encarnacion, Beltran, Adrian Gonzalez, Wright, McCann, Cuddyer and Zobrist were starters

Bryce Harper and Lucroy are fucking bench players lol

1:30 ET would be probably be fine for me!

In the 6 player league this a sample CPU drafted team

Kershaw
Greinke
Scherzer
Latos
Gio Gonzalez

Frieri, McGee, Peralta, Cook, Doolittle, K-Rod, Uehara in bullpen

Reyes, Bourne, E. Encarnacion, Beltran, Adrian Gonzalez, Wright, McCann, Cuddyer and Zobrist were starters

Bryce Harper and Lucroy are fucking bench players lol

Lol damn! Everybody's gonna have an awesome team!

Saturday doesnt work for me. Start it at 3 est and I can do the first few rounds but yeah, friday or sunday is better.

You'll be around for the mid-rounds if we start at 1:30 ET

So far for Saturday

Yay - Jonsson, Crimson
Nay - Drizzler, Bob

Not included: Me and Rob (Cause Rob is out of town either way and I will be there no matter what)

Need 6 more inputs!

wtf fantasy draft? i don't know shit about baseball! plus i'm tired of wasting my time when half the games disconnect and the other half some weird shit happens. in my 2nd game with pheeniks i got single to score 1 run making the game 4-2. it goes back to the batters box and suddenly its 4-3 and a guy on 3rd for no reason. i can only imagine if this game in the bottom of the 9th and the game ended or something stupid like that. FMT out!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
League is dead before it began again lol. I got better mobile service in podunk Indiana than at my house.

FMT just let cpu draft for you like I am. We are going to have stacked teams with only a handful of us playing.

well if 1 player will bring down the entire league i'll participate.... only because you my boy phee!

200_s.gif

You don't even need to be at the draft. Trust me, your team will be plenty good!

I think I'm free all Friday, works better for me than Saturday but if anyone does America Day stuff then the draft shouldn't get in the way

Top Bottom