• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

Sorry I was working my new vacuum. I'll go give out new powers in a moment.

Online performance seemed shakier tonight. I almost never have blue screens/disconnects (maybe like 3) but a lot of weirder shit was happening more than usual.

So I had the first pick in the draft and cpu picked tuluwitski. San Diego studios stay fuckin up. Can't wait to see the rest of my team :/

Untitled_zps5ebd0bc4.png

I would say that is pretty good

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I would say that is pretty good

Wow I like it this will be an offensive power house league. I just need to launch Bronson Arroyo into the sun and I'm all set.

PS. I'll be home around 10 or 11 tonight so if anyone is on we can try to play. I'll post when I am home.

Crimson I saw that there were 2 errors, and I think the first one is one I hit one past third by Sandoval. My screen showed it was a clean hit but what did yours show? lol

Must suck to lose a game where you gave up 3 runs and none of them were earned lol. although if I homered with pedroia shouldn't that be at least 1?

Crimson I saw that there were 2 errors, and I think the first one is one I hit one past third by Sandoval. My screen showed it was a clean hit but what did yours show? lol

Must suck to lose a game where you gave up 3 runs and none of them were earned lol. although if I homered with pedroia shouldn't that be at least 1?

He just missed the ball lol it was right by him.

Idk I know I missed that fly ball that was an error before you hit that. Were both errors that inning? I can't remember exactly what happened but I know some times if you drive in runs after errors they're counted as unearned. That ground rule double killed me though! I should have tied it then but he had to stop at third!

I feel good about my team even though we lost. My bullpen looks to be my weak point though. And my shitty defense

Wow I like it this will be an offensive power house league. I just need to launch Bronson Arroyo into the sun and I'm all set.

PS. I'll be home around 10 or 11 tonight so if anyone is on we can try to play. I'll post when I am home.

What will it take to get Puig from you

Mrbob

Originally I was going to be free tonight to play games but not sure anymore. Perhaps way later tonight. I'll be free most of the night tomorrow though.

DietRob

What will it take to get Puig from you

Bro, it will probably take a lot. Puig was the only player I was legit excited to have. I used him in one of the challenges of the week and was hitting bombs with him. What are you offering? I don't even know who you have on your squad.

I'm home and about to sign in to the league so I'll try to look maybe shoot you an offer.

ps. Phee, can you approve my trade of Rosenthal for Chapman?

Sorry I keep forgetting. Signing on now to give commish powers to all

I trust this crew to regulate ourselves. I don't see any black sheep here

DietRob

OMG.. I just went 9 innings of 1 hit baseball against the AI Giants and had Coco Crisp on 3rd base with 2 outs. Puig hit a liner to right that got under the glove of the diving RF'er scored the run from 3rd got a trophy for "walk off" and now it seems like the game is frozen while fireworks go off in the background and the crowd going wild.

I would have had a no hitter if not for a bloop to left field that i just barely missed grabbing.

WHEW.... while I was typing that it finally kicked through to the post game. I was going to be pissed.

OMG.. I just went 9 innings of 1 hit baseball against the AI Giants and had Coco Crisp on 3rd base with 2 outs. Puig hit a liner to right that got under the glove of the diving RF'er scored the run from 3rd got a trophy for "walk off" and now it seems like the game is frozen while fireworks go off in the background and the crowd going wild.

I would have had a no hitter if not for a bloop to left field that i just barely missed grabbing.

WHEW.... while I was typing that it finally kicked through to the post game. I was going to be pissed.

Uh

That was a practice game you did right?

V1lla supposed to be there

DietRob

Uh

That was a practice game you did right?

V1lla supposed to be there

Oh shit.. sorry man. I didn't know. It was a regular game from what I could tell. I thought that FMT dipped out and there wasn't a replacement. My bad dudes. :(

Anybody around to play now?

edit: Damn... now I see that FMT is actually LA. I fucked up. My bad.

DietRob

Also since I thought I was trading with the cpu in that Rosenthal for Chapman deal I'll have to see if Villa wants that deal.

Villa?

I had another 3 unearned runs that almost made me lose another game! Had a homerun in the bottom of the 9th to tie it and a two run homerun in the 11th to win. GG dmncnby!

6 unearned runs in two games

GG FMT. Thought I had a chance a few times.

yeah gg man that 8th inning was wild. 4 runs each! thought i was about to blow a 7-1 lead headed into the bottom of the 8th when you got it to 7-5. not sure who that guy was that i put in but he sucked balls. romo had to get the 5 out save, thank god the CPU drafted me a decent closer. and that the CPU drafted me longoria who saved me as well

yeah gg man that 8th inning was wild. 4 runs each! thought i was about to blow a 7-1 lead headed into the bottom of the 8th when you got it to 7-5. not sure who that guy was that i put in but he sucked balls. romo had to get the 5 out save, thank god the CPU drafted me a decent closer. and that the CPU drafted me longoria who saved me as well

Your Sean Marshall vs. my Al Alburquerque for the shittiest reliever award.

A good chunk of the game you had more runs than hits. It was a pretty entertaining game.

Your Sean Marshall vs. my Al Alburquerque for the shittiest reliever award.

A good chunk of the game you had more runs than hits. It was a pretty entertaining game.

i got bailed out big time by some of your errors. i think it said you had 4. errors seem random to me but maybe the ratings play a big part into it. not a huge baseball guy so i don't know if the people committing errors are good defensive players or not

i got bailed out big time by some of your errors. i think it said you had 4. errors seem random to me but maybe the ratings play a big part into it. not a huge baseball guy so i don't know if the people committing errors are good defensive players or not

I think someone overthrew 1st for one error. Freeman let a grounder get past him for another. Lucroy bobbled the ball on a play at the plate for a third. I can't recall what the 4th was. Almost had the dreaded 'guy accidentally tries to stretch a hit into a triple' until I pulled him back to 2nd. I hate when that happens.

Freddie Freeman shouldn't get cocky. I have Allen Craig and Rizzo that could let balls past them just as easily.

I've had Allen Craig. He is a horrible fielder.

Amazing unstoppable batter in the clutch though lol

Me and dmncn had a game yesterday that had to be my smoothest online performance yet. there was one spazzy play but everything else was smoooooth as fuck. Can I pray that they're fixing this behind the scenes :(

Speaking of which, you CAN scrim people in this league with these rosters! both of you have to be in online franchise but we can "Play team vs." and do practice games if it's out of our weekly range

I can play tonight

What time?

Again here are the games

Week 1:
Giants @ Jays
Padres @ Marlins
Cubs @ Rockies
Reds @ Yankees

Week 2:
Giants @ Rockies
Reds @ Dodgers
Yankees @ Padres
Braves @ Jays
Cubs @ Brewers
Marlins @ Pirates

Week 3:
Giants @ Brewers
Cubs @ Reds
Jays @ Rockies
Dodgers @ Padres
Pirates @ Yankees
Marlins @ Braves

Week 4:
Giants @ Reds
Pirates @ Dodgers
Padres @ Cubs
Yankees @ Marlins
Brewers @ Jays

actually jonsson can we wait on this

like would 9:30 et work?

if not we can do same time. I forgot I scheduled online catan with my friends lol. I can multitask as long as you're patient with me if I ask for extra time in the box or take a little longer on pitches

actually jonsson can we wait on this

like would 9:30 et work?

if not we can do same time. I forgot I scheduled online catan with my friends lol. I can multitask as long as you're patient with me if I ask for extra time in the box or take a little longer on pitches

Was just about to post that I can't make 8 anymore lol, 930 should be fine

Edit - Ready to go

DietRob

GG bob.

finally got the walk off HR in the 11th.

baserunning is ass in this game i swear i waited a good 1 second after i saw your RF guy catch the ball before I broke for home and still got doubled up and didn't get the run.

WE NEED AUTO BASERUNNING PLEASE

Top Bottom