• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Whoever bluejays are I can be online for about another hour tonight.

I likely won't be available again until monday. let me know.

Gg FMT! I'm definitely loads better than I was, at least I now feel competitive. Still can't get a damn win! Gave up 2 HRs in the first 2 innings. Marlins Park don't phase LA

DietRob

This game pisses me off. I never get disconnect from a game I'm losing. Kiss my ass San Diego so frustrating

edit: I'm done for the night. Gonna take Ez's route of never playing another game right after a disconnect so I don't grow a complete hatred for the game. Hit me up monday

This game pisses me off. I never get disconnect from a game I'm losing. Kiss my ass San Diego so frustrating

edit: I'm done for the night. Gonna take Ez's route of never playing another game right after a disconnect so I don't grow a complete hatred for the game.

Haha ok, I won't be around much for the next week though

Gg FMT! I'm definitely loads better than I was, at least I now feel competitive. Still can't get a damn win! Gave up 2 HRs in the first 2 innings. Marlins Park don't phase LA

yeah gg brotha. some weird stuff happened on some of the pitches and base running. in two instances it benefitted me! one time my guy just started rounding 2nd base even though the ball was already coming in. i didn't tell him to go to 3rd but he did and was barely safe! another time i was pitching and threw a ball WAAAAAAAAAY outside and you didn't swing and it called it a strike. i don't know what you saw on your end though

GG DCX! Never mind everyone, I still suck. I see Goldschmidt and immediately think, don't throw it in the zone unless you have 3 balls. I completely miss the bar on the first pitch and a cutter just floats over the plate. Only run of the game. >_<

Week 2:
Yankees @ Padres
Cubs @ Brewers

Week 3:
Pirates @ Yankees

Week 4:
Padres @ Cubs

Week 5:
Padres @ Giants
Cubs @ Pirates
Jays @ Reds

DietRob

Big Jon you around? I could use a win after that agonizing reds loss. FUCK YOU MCCUTCHEN

These are the games remaining:

Week 2:
Yankees @ Padres
Cubs @ Brewers

Week 3:
Pirates @ Yankees

Week 5:
Padres @ Giants
Cubs @ Pirates
Jays @ Reds

I would really like if possible for at least week 2 to be done by tonight, and if not, at least have the game scheduled for a hard time. If I don't hear word about that, some simulation is going to be happening. Would be great if we could get 2-4 knocked out!

Acheron, please tell me, when I played you the other day did I keep you from a scheduled game with Bob? Next time that happens play your game with Bob first since that's higher priority. Of course, there's a really good chance that Bob was bullshitting me and revised history, so maybe it was Bob that was late!

It seems like there are some communication issues. I've been asking around everybody who hadn't finished if they had scheduled or will play their game but I get the same answer from everyone : "Person X is hard to reach, didn't post, etc" .....well I'm not having issues getting in contact with either of yall, so if I don't have trouble, no one else should!

I know the thread is a place to check and be...but really, not everybody is so great with it all the time. I would prefer people to be more active here but everybody is reachable in some way. So even if your opponent isn't making 100% to reach out to you by posting in this thread a lot, don't make this a "I give same effort my opponent gives"....cause then nothing gets done. So if they haven't posted in the thread for 2 days, PM or hit them up on PSN and be a dictator like me and demand they show up in here! But at least communication will have happened then.

I'm thinking of having a Sunday night deadline. After we figure out tonight we will probably have 2-3 week advances (in the game) every real-life week

Acheron, please tell me, when I played you the other day did I keep you from a scheduled game with Bob? Next time that happens play your game with Bob first since that's higher priority. Of course, there's a really good chance that Bob was bullshitting me and revised history, so maybe it was Bob that was late!

Yeah, Bob messaged me to play right when we had restarted. In hindsight I should've bailed on you. Although he did say he'd be around that day 'after 2' and it was almost exactly 2. I wasn't expecting that kind of punctuality.

Yeah, Bob messaged me to play right when we had restarted. In hindsight I should've bailed on you. Although he did say he'd be around that day 'after 2' and it was almost exactly 2. I wasn't expecting that kind of punctuality.

hahahaha

next time, no problem if you need to bail

looks like I should have given Bob more credit for being honest!

With Cubs and Padres underway, week 4 is knocked out! Just have 3 games left within weeks 2-3. Two of those belong to my man DCX!

Week 2:
Yankees @ Padres

Week 3:
Pirates @ Yankees

If these somehow get done today we can unlock 6-8

Week 3:
Pirates @ Yankees

Week 5:
Padres @ Giants
Cubs @ Pirates
Jays @ Reds

Week 6:

Jays @ Padres
Pirates @ Giants
Marlins @ Cubs
Braves @ Brewers
Yankees @ Dodgers

Week 7: (Pending)
Dodgers @ Braves
Brewers @ Reds
Rockies @ Padres
Jays @ Pirates
Cubs @ Yankees
Giants @ Marlins

Week 8: (Pending)
Marlins @ Jays
Yankees @ Giants
Braves @ Reds
Padres @ Brewers
Rockies @ Pirates
Dodgers @ Cubs

Week 6 will be available in a moment. Weeks 7 and 8 will unlock when DCX and Dmncn do their game.

Well shit! HR Derby is apparently tonight. Anyone interested in getting a group going before the festivities?

And by festivities I mean the season finale of 24 :(

DietRob

Well shit! HR Derby is apparently tonight. Anyone interested in getting a group going before the festivities?

And by festivities I mean the season finale of 24 :(

As long as I can be my main man Todd Frazier I'm down!

Also big jon I'm around if you want to go. I'll be chillin for the next hour or two. I'm just going to watch deadwood on amazon prime for a bit so if your around message me on psn

Shit.. I keep forgetting about 24 I have all of them stacked up on my DVR. Gotta watch soon but I've found 24 is best when it's a show you can marathon.

As long as I can be my main man Todd Frazier I'm down!

Also big jon I'm around if you want to go. I'll be chillin for the next hour or two. I'm just going to watch deadwood on amazon prime for a bit so if your around message me on psn

Shit.. I keep forgetting about 24 I have all of them stacked up on my DVR. Gotta watch soon but I've found 24 is best when it's a show you can marathon.

yep. I remember I watched with a friend, started on season 5...by the time the 5th episode of season 5 rolled around I had finished the previous 4 lol

Also you're my week 6 opponent...you around after 24 tonight? let me know

dmncn, dcx, yall get in communication? cause if I don't at least get a whiff that it's scheduled or is getting done in the next 2 days, I'm going to sim that week tonight. we've had plenty of time to set it up!

DietRob

Also you're my week 6 opponent...you around after 24 tonight? let me know

YES!! We finally get to play! I'll be around after 10pm tonight. I don't think we've actually played a gave vs each other since way back before our leagues started and failed twice. I'm excited for this!

Top Bottom