• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

yep. I remember I watched with a friend, started on season 5...by the time the 5th episode of season 5 rolled around I had finished the previous 4 lol

Also you're my week 6 opponent...you around after 24 tonight? let me know

dmncn, dcx, yall get in communication? cause if I don't at least get a whiff that it's scheduled or is getting done in the next 2 days, I'm going to sim that week tonight. we've had plenty of time to set it up!
We have talked give us today to get er done.

As long as I can be my main man Todd Frazier I'm down!

Also big jon I'm around if you want to go. I'll be chillin for the next hour or two. I'm just going to watch deadwood on amazon prime for a bit so if your around message me on psn

Shit.. I keep forgetting about 24 I have all of them stacked up on my DVR. Gotta watch soon but I've found 24 is best when it's a show you can marathon.

I can play, still around?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
great game phee.

i kinda melted down there in the 8th and you took advantage. In the top of that inning there were two 'hits' that it showed I got on my side but then after 10 seconds of nothing happening they magically turned into outs..

great hitting game for you though gonna have to keep them balls away from the dish you've got a knack for finding holes in the field.

DietRob

I don't understand how stepping off the mound can send my runner going? Is that some MLB cheese? You've done that too me several times now in our 2 games? Fuckin cheesy.

great game phee.

i kinda melted down there in the 8th and you took advantage. In the top of that inning there were two 'hits' that it showed I got on my side but then after 10 seconds of nothing happening they magically turned into outs..

great hitting game for you though gonna have to keep them balls away from the dish you've got a knack for finding holes in the field.

dat coors field dimensions

DietRob

Have any of you other guys had trouble with pitchers stepping off the mound and your runners just going full retard trying to advance to second?

Before our second disconnect big jon did that to me again. I have no idea what if anything I'm doing wrong, but it sure does see like a cheesy way to get a free out. Am I doing something wrong on the basepaths?

edit: Damn, phee. In looking at the event log our game 'failed to process correctly and was deleted' what a shit show from sad deigo studios today.

Jonsson isn't the type to exploit that stuff but I honestly am not sure what you're talking about

the only time you can pick off is after you select a pitch, I think. and if you're batting, I think if you lead off sometimes it just happens? don't know. play it all safe

also maybe depends on your control scheme?

lol yeah saw that earlier. i'll resolve it later

there goes our $tat$

DietRob

Jonsson isn't the type to exploit that stuff but I honestly am not sure what you're talking about

the only time you can pick off is after you select a pitch, I think. and if you're batting, I think if you lead off sometimes it just happens? don't know. play it all safe

What I mean is for example.

Coco Crisp walks. He pitches to the plate once. After that first pitch I take a step lead with L1. He then presses L1 + R1 to step off the rubber and his pitcher just holds the ball. Coco decides that's the best time to gun it for second without any further input from me.

In offline franchise pressing L1 once isn't the cue to steal a base. That's why I'm confused.

The 2nd pick off I'm pretty sure you took to big of a lead at first, I selected fast ball and your runner took off, the other time I selected pitch out and went to throw the pitch and your guy started running forcing the step off.

I definitely didn't hit l1+r1 either time

Yeah I definitely have no idea. Sounds weird but if you're leading off I'd have another finger on R1 to mash in case that shit happens

I've had weird shit happen to me online where it's like "what? I definitely didn't press that" but shit happens I guess

Yeah I definitely have no idea. Sounds weird but if you're leading off I'd have another finger on R1 to mash in case that shit happens

I've had weird shit happen to me online where it's like "what? I definitely didn't press that" but shit happens I guess

Someone can try testing it out

DietRob

Yeah, I think I'll just remain uber conservative on the bases and just let the cpu advance how it sees fit. I've been burned too many times online with shoddy baserunning or running when the ball looks like it got past somebody when it didn't.

No leads or steals from me anymore. lol

Yeah, I think I'll just remain uber conservative on the bases and just let the cpu advance how it sees fit. I've been burned too many times online with shoddy baserunning or running when the ball looks like it got past somebody when it didn't.

No leads or steals from me anymore. lol

In about 100 Diamond Dynasty games I've seen so many fake overthrows and base overruns that I've gotten a pretty good sense of when it's for real. It's still a problem though. They have some debugging to do with that dedicated server-based multiplayer.

Week 3:
Pirates @ Yankees

Week 5:
Cubs @ Pirates

Week 6:
Jays @ Padres
Pirates @ Giants
Braves @ Brewers

Week 7: (Pending)
Dodgers @ Braves
Brewers @ Reds
Rockies @ Padres