• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

Mrbob

GG Drizz, just wasn't my game. Figured I was doomed when I got hit with the phantom out at 3rd base on my triple. So many rocket shots to the outfield right at players. Thems the breaks!

GG Drizz, just wasn't my game. Figured I was doomed when I got hit with the phantom out at 3rd base on my triple. So many rocket shots to the outfield right at players. Thems the breaks!
Gg
Yeah, Matt kemp has a cannon. Surprised me on that one too. I finally broke the ice and won a game! Lincecum deserved it with that RBI. Cano continues to be awful for me.

Any1 interested in trading some lefty relievers? I'm open to trading any of my pitchers not named Lincecum, Quintana, or cishek.

gg bruvuh. my pitcher was garbage and all over the place. i usually try to get a feel for the ball going high or low and then base my pitching location around it but his was changing each inning. that coupled with me having no chance to do anything against darvish and i just concentrated on getting a hit and wrapped it up!

For new page

Week 3:
Pirates @ Yankees

Week 5:
Cubs @ Pirates

Week 6:
Jays @ Padres

Week 7: (Pending)
Dodgers @ Braves
Brewers @ Reds
Rockies @ Padres
Jays @ Pirates
Cubs @ Yankees
Giants @ Marlins

Week 8: (Pending)
Marlins @ Jays
Yankees @ Giants
Braves @ Reds
Padres @ Brewers
Rockies @ Pirates
Dodgers @ Cubs

Week 9: (Pending)
Jays @ Yankees
Reds @ Padres
Brewers @ Pirates
Cubs @ Braves
Rockies @ Marlins
Giants @ Dodgers

If week 3 (Pirates/Yankees) isn't finished by the time tomorrow comes to an end, I'm going to have to sim that. Likewise with week 5 (Pirates/Cubs) I will give that until Saturday night

After we're through with week 5 and we're onto 6-9 or 7-10, I was thinking of imposing a 12 day deadline to get through the 4th week of whatever cycle we're on

So for example let's say we unlock 6-9 on friday night (july 18) we'll have until july 30 to get done through week 9. and if we get done early, then week 10, 11, etc will have similar deadlines. I figured 12 days was reasonable, that means one game every 3 days

I think this will work and help the league progress....we've been doing well pretty collectively, just seems like some folks have a harder time matching up schedules with others

Week 3:
Pirates @ Yankees

Week 5:
Cubs @ Pirates

Week 6:
Jays @ Padres

Week 7: (Pending)
Dodgers @ Braves
Brewers @ Reds
Rockies @ Padres
Jays @ Pirates
Cubs @ Yankees
Giants @ Marlins

Week 8: (Pending)
Marlins @ Jays
Yankees @ Giants
Braves @ Reds
Padres @ Brewers
Rockies @ Pirates
Dodgers @ Cubs

Week 9: (Pending)
Jays @ Yankees
Reds @ Padres
Brewers @ Pirates
Cubs @ Braves
Rockies @ Marlins
Giants @ Dodgers

Good shit, just three games between weeks 3, 5, 6!

Week 3 will advance tonight...DCX/Dmncn, let me know if you plan on playing tonight. Otherwise I will just sim it and we'll have 7 and 8 unlocked.

Week 5 will advance Sunday night at the latest. And week 6 will advance Wednesday at the latest.

The Show fans,
We understand there's been a long wait between patches and truly appreciate your patience. We 've continued to work on improving online stability the day we released.

List of changes that apply to both MLB 14 The Show PS3 (1.17) and PS4 (1.12) patches:
-Online Gameplay stability (a lot of changes and improvements):
--General online synching and stability.
--Play results are now consistent on both users machines.
--Fielder synching issues across two users online now fixed.
--Batter desync when batter calls time.
--Balks on balls in the dirt no longer cause hang.
--Ball deflected collision on defensive players now consistent on both user screens.
--Late fielding dives no longer cause the game to hang online.
--Fielding decisions and throws are now consistent on both player screens.
--Late Bunt (and bunts pulled back) and swing attempts now give the same game result
--Check swing improvements to online gameplay
--Challenge of the Week pitcher settings no longer carrying over from any other game mode.
--Timing issues with pausing the game and guess pitching at the same time no longer cause issues.
--Stealing home while batter takes strike 3 for the 3rd out issue fixed.
--Ball 4 resulting in a walk on a wild pitch and trying to advance the runner on first issue fixed.
-Fixed infrequent end of online game crash at closing on-screen-display graphic.
-Fixed rare instance of on-screen bright color/black corruption affecting stadiums and players.
-Fixed very rare corrupted player faces issue. This would show up as dark splotches and patches. This happened in certain player substitutions in Franchise mode Spring Training.
-In Game Options for Camera changes are now saved when reloading the game.
-Road to the Show crash when loading into Batting practice addressed
-At-bat ambient Organ music addressed (wasn't playing when intended)
-Custom Music applied to all players now properly working.
-First HR in a Franchise game issue no longer stating "First Career HR" every time.
-Umpire balls, strikes and 3rd strike audio calls now playing properly and consistently
-With Music Mode on, stealing a base no longer skips the song track.
-Andrelton Simmons face fixed!
-Home Run Derby can now be entered during the install, once the needed assets are loaded.
-Bernie Brewer now seen after a Home Run in Miller Park.
-Addressed Strike Zone size on PS4 that cause ball/strike calls to appear very wrong.
-Analog throw meter difficulty balanced or all levels.
-Fixed issue with repeated jumping near a pop-up causing the runner to take off for the next base.
-All Vault screens should now default to rating (no longer sorted by user name).
-Diamond Dynasty> My Bids fix to prevent a crash when users have more than 500 transactions.
-Online score posting fix to prevent lost online game scores and data.
-Addressed a Login/Boot-up crash that would sometimes occur when logging in during peak hours.
-Fixed Diamond Dynasty "vs cpu" pre-game line-up crash that could happen before proceeding into the game load.
-The Show Live Double Header games now have crowds for both games.
-Diamond Dynasty and The Show Live issue fixed where some players were showing Headley (PS4) and Jeter (PS3) heads on certain players.

Thanks for playing,
The Show team

We shall see.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hmm. Interesting list of stuff.

--Addressed Strike Zone size on PS4 that cause ball/strike calls to appear very wrong.
--Ball deflected collision on defensive players now consistent on both user screens.
--Fielding decisions and throws are now consistent on both player screens.

Those are the biggie's that I've seen a lot. Here's to hoping for a better experience.

I hope it helps and doesn't break anything else in the game. Ever since we started the new league I haven't really had many problems.

Sweet. My offense has been very hot, so I look forward to seeing this a ton.

Yes it has! I was surprised when you came back and made our game close yesterday! You were smashing Cliff Lee's changeup

"-Addressed Strike Zone size on PS4 that cause ball/strike calls to appear very wrong."

While I'm glad all of the changes have been made, thank God for this one especially. Even though I "sort of" got used to it after a while, this was bugging the crap out of me. Can't wait to go home and try it out tonight.

Week 5 (Advancing Sunday night at the latest):
Cubs @ Pirates

Week 6 (Advancing Wednesday night at the latest)
Jays @ Padres

Week 7: (Advances Saturday July 26th at the latest)
Brewers @ Reds
Rockies @ Padres
Jays @ Pirates
Cubs @ Yankees
Giants @ Marlins

Week 8: (Advances Saturday July 26th at the latest)
Marlins @ Jays
Yankees @ Giants
Braves @ Reds
Padres @ Brewers
Rockies @ Pirates
Dodgers @ Cubs

Have at it boys

dmncn i sent you a psn msg about playing bob who I am with but you didn't reply so I'm gonna continue yelling at him to not spray with the ak47

he will be available sunday evening he says

GG man I couldn't hit worth a fuck that game. It plays a lot better now though!

Fuck McCutchen

yeah gg brah. McCLUTCHEN bailed me out! i was going to nerd rage if i lost because of that ridiculous error. i usually dont care about throws that are off target to first but on pop flys in the outfield i dont expect my guys to just drop it while they're waiting for it to come down!

i was trying to work the pitch count early but aside from a couple lucky swings i couldn't get at your pitcher

yeah gg brah. McCLUTCHEN bailed me out! i was going to nerd rage if i lost because of that ridiculous error. i usually dont care about throws that are off target to first but on pop flys in the outfield i dont expect my guys to just drop it while they're waiting for it to come down!

i was trying to work the pitch count early but aside from a couple lucky swings i couldn't get at your pitcher

Lol yeah I was so glad you missed that! I couldn't hit Tim Hudson's old ass either but I thought I was gonna win after I tied it up in the bottom of the 9th. There were a few pitches that I made solid contact with but all of them were either right to your players or at the warning track and then I thought Miggy was about to hit a walk off but he popped it up.

Baserunning and fielding is a lot better now! Seems like the patch worked.

Lol yeah I was so glad you missed that! I couldn't hit Tim Hudson's old ass either but I thought I was gonna win after I tied it up in the bottom of the 9th. There were a few pitches that I made solid contact with but all of them were either right to your players or at the warning track and then I thought Miggy was about to hit a walk off but he popped it up.

Baserunning and fielding is a lot better now! Seems like the patch worked.

well we finished the game so that is an improvement! i only had one instance in that game that was weird. in the 4th inning or so it showed me as getting a hit to left field and there was a little glitch. i hadn't advanced my runner because i felt immediately on contact it wasn't going to be a hit. the announcer said "and this will be extra bases!" but then the next screen he was out!

Did the patch work?

So far it has.

Is this like LeBron meeting with Gilbert where you might possibly return to us?

League 2.0 has been running much better. Next year I think we'll have it nailed down as far as structure goes....unless PSN fucks with us again.

So,

Week 5 (Advancing Sunday night at the latest):
Cubs @ Pirates

Week 6 (Advancing Wednesday night at the latest)
Jays @ Padres

Week 7: (Advances Saturday July 26th at the latest)
Rockies @ Padres
Jays @ Pirates
Cubs @ Yankees

Week 8: (Advances Saturday July 26th at the latest)
Marlins @ Jays
Yankees @ Giants
Padres @ Brewers
Dodgers @ Cubs

Bob, Dmncn, make sure you guys lock down a time Sunday afternoon/night since that's when Bob can play next. If you guys need Monday let me know.

eznark

Banned
So far it has.

Is this like LeBron meeting with Gilbert where you might possibly return to us?

League 2.0 has been running much better. Next year I think we'll have it nailed down as far as structure goes....unless PSN fucks with us again.

If it works better then yeah I'd love to. Obviously I want it to work! I've bought the fucking thing every damn year.

Top Bottom