• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

I've played a couple of games post patch and while I never had too many issues before the patch, it does feel a lot better now. I never caught myself blaming lag for anything that happened in these last two games. If I was early or late on any pitch, I felt like it was a result of me swinging early or late. Of course, I should put in a few more games but so far, so good.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Reading through that thread turnbuckle posted got me super depressed that this patch is shit. But it seems like everyone in here is generally reporting good things. I guess it's one of those where I'll have to wait and see for myself. I can't imagine it getting any worse but I'd hate to be proved wrong.

I'm working cobb so hard and I have shit to show for it lol

Is pierzynski the most feared player in this game? Because he seems to draw the most pitcher substitutions hahahaha

GG rob. Some crazy shit happened that game though. You walked a guy and then he came right back up to bat and hit an RBI single lol

Robbed you of a HR early that would have ended up being the difference!

DietRob

gg cc

What did you wait until Sabathia's arm fell off before you took him out. Dude was up to like 115 pitches. Jesus.

Also that should have been a tie game. One of your 'runs' was an out. I'm not sure what you saw but on my side Puig threw you out at home by a mile. My catcher was standing there with the ball when your dude slid. I figured he was out but next thing I know a run was on the board.

Well fought game though besides the standard problems that the patch def did not fix lol

gg cc

What did you wait until Sabathia's arm fell off before you took him out. Dude was up to like 115 pitches. Jesus.

Also that should have been a tie game. One of your 'runs' was an out. I'm not sure what you saw but on my side Puig threw you out at home by a mile. My catcher was standing there with the ball when your dude slid. I figured he was out but next thing I know a run was on the board.

Well fought game though besides the standard problems that the patch def did not fix lol

Lol CC was still striking you out though.

It showed your catcher just standing there with the ball on my screen too. But that was Napoli's second at bat in a row! You had walked him the first time lol. Howie Kendrick was supposed to batting then.

Lol it even shows him batting twice in a row on the game log!

DietRob

Lol CC was still striking you out though.

It showed your catcher just standing there with the ball on my screen too. But that was Napoli's second at bat in a row! You had walked him the first time lol. Howie Kendrick was supposed to batting then.

yea is SCV and Slider really fooled me then i would be down 0-2 and want to wait on some pitches. I will say this CC had a really big zone that game lol

I sometimes wish we would of turned off variable strike zone.

Yeah he was getting some close calls. I couldn't hit the high inside fastball off of you at all though. I knew it was coming and still would pop it up or miss even with Miggy. I think that was the first game this season that I didn't get any home runs.

Screenshot of the game log showing Napoli getting two at bats in a row:

fpzgd6Z.jpg

Lol trash game. Did the same thing happen on your screen? You walked him then it froze for a second and then you started warming up two pitchers and then he came right back up to bat. I can't remember if Miggy stayed at 2nd or not though. I think be did.

DietRob

GG Ach..

Whew buddy... that one was close. I thought grilli was going to give it up so I had to bring in my boy chappy for some HEAT..

Week 5 (Advancing Sunday night at the latest):
Cubs @ Pirates

Week 6 (Advancing Wednesday night at the latest)
Jays @ Padres

Week 7: (Advances Saturday July 26th at the latest)
Rockies @ Padres
Cubs @ Yankees

Week 8: (Advances Saturday July 26th at the latest)
Marlins @ Jays
Yankees @ Giants
Padres @ Brewers
Dodgers @ Cubs

Top Bottom