• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

For new page:

Week 9:
Reds @ Padres

Week 10:
Pirates @ Reds

Week 11:
Padres @ Pirates - ph33nix PRIMETIME MATCHUP OF THE WEEK
Jays @ Cubs

Week 12:
Rockies @ Reds
Dodgers @ Padres
Pirates @ Giants
Cubs @ Jays

I've been posting in here since Thursday trying to get my Padres/Pirates games in. I haven't done PSN messages. I'm having a pool party/grill out with friends and family here today. I might be around later tonight say after 9pm or so. Then also Monday night.

After monday though I'll be in Denver until Friday morning. So if worse comes to I guess simit

What I'm thinking is that since we can pretty much scrimmage anyone, we can sim it and you guys can 'scrim' later and then we can resolve the game for whoever wins. This isn't something I would like to do much but it's mid-season so we're not down to 'must win' or season-deciding games

but you did say you might be able to go tonight so if you can play ecnal tonight and he's here too, that would be lovely

I've been posting in here since Thursday trying to get my Padres/Pirates games in. I haven't done PSN messages. I'm having a pool party/grill out with friends and family here today. I might be around later tonight say after 9pm or so. Then also Monday night.

After monday though I'll be in Denver until Friday morning. So if worse comes to I guess simit

Send ecnal a psn message. I posted in here a few times before we played but when I sent him a message on there he responded quickly.

I'm almost thinking for this league and future leagues (Madden, NHL, etc) PSN messaging is actually probably the best way to go. Cause I think most of us have that app on our phones and we will get the message like it's a text. I honestly miss seeing private messages a lot cause I never really look there. But I check threads like a whore so I never really have issue getting in contact.

Are we advancing tonight?

I just noticed that I'm somehow in first now. I was tied for first before my last game with a 9-2 record and padres and cubs had a 8-1 record and now that I'm 9-3 it says I'm a half game ahead lol

If Reds/Padres doesn't get played, I think what I'll do is advance, and those two can play a 'practice' game later and I can reresolve the winner

I've asked ecnal on steam about his availability tonight and if he's okay with that idea. y tu rob?

also, crimson, let's play some fifa?!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

give me 5 minutes. finishing lunch. i will raid your roster

also, ecnal said he can be here tonight rob. did you mean 9 ET? ecnal is surfer time

Ok. What settings do you use in FIFA? I can't ever remember so I always wait for you to send the invite

Ok. What setting do you use in FIFA? I any ever remember so I always wait for you to send the invite

I'll go check

So I need a little more time cause I'm still eating lol but I should be done by the time this game loads, I'll invite

I think 10 minutes, world class, normal speed?

Gg. That run you had in the first was because I spilled my tea and while I was cleaning the rug you went to third with my outfield just standing on what should've been a pop out : (. Should've pressed down on the dpad I guess. Gave up 3 HRs in the 6th. I leave too many guys on bases in these losses.

My highest rated starting pitcher is my worst pitcher statistically.

Gg. That run you had in the first was because I spilled my tea and while I was cleaning the rug you went to third with my outfield just standing on what should've been a pop out : (. Should've pressed down on the dpad I guess. Have up 3 HRs in the 6th. I leave too many guys on bases in these losses.

I was wondering if that was a lag thing. Guess not! GG.

I'm gonna find out if Drizzler actually leads the league in LOB

Although stats are slightly skewed since some games were 'simmed'..

lord jesus lmao dmncn's batting average is .321...next highest? Rockies at .265

ecnal has the lowest ERA. 1.44....next lowest is crimson at 1.67

rockies are statistically the worst at fielding. apparently pirates don't commit errors!

pirates slug the hardest at .570, yankees next at .514. pirates OBP is also .362. somebody get this man out!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
What I'm thinking is that since we can pretty much scrimmage anyone, we can sim it and you guys can 'scrim' later and then we can resolve the game for whoever wins. This isn't something I would like to do much but it's mid-season so we're not down to 'must win' or season-deciding games

but you did say you might be able to go tonight so if you can play ecnal tonight and he's here too, that would be lovely

That's cool bossman. Looks like I'm holding up the league. Sorry about that I've been trying to schedule all week. I guess Pirates/Padres schedule and mine just don't match up well.

Sorry bros.

I did just send ecnal a message on psn but i don't even know who plays as pirates.

I'm gonna find out if Drizzler actually leads the league in LOB

Although stats are slightly skewed since some games were 'simmed'..

lord jesus lmao dmncn's batting average is .321...next highest? Rockies at .265

ecnal has the lowest ERA. 1.44....next lowest is crimson at 1.67

Last I checked I was leading the league in batting average with RISP at over .300 and strikeouts (pitcher)! probably unearned runs too :/ but at least all my games have counted so far

Oh yeah I lead in team home runs too! With the pirates close behind last I saw

That's cool bossman. Looks like I'm holding up the league. Sorry about that I've been trying to schedule all week. I guess Pirates/Padres schedule and mine just don't match up well.

Sorry bros.

I did just send ecnal a message on psn but i don't even know who plays as pirates.

Dominican boy

Sorry bros.

You're not holding up the league at all, don't worry man. We are way ahead of schedule. I saw you scheduling and all. And Pirates is dmncnby2k8 (he posted earlier), he'll be home 10:30 ET I guess. and I talked to Ecnal earlier, if you said you're around when you're around he said he should be too.

but like I said we will not outright sim these games. if you definitely can't get it done tonight, we will mark those games to be played later when you return, so you can do a 'scrim' game and then we'll just resolve the rightful winner

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
OK I'll message ecnal on PSN again. I'm around right now, but I'm going to be leaving here in a little bit. But I will be around for a good few hours after 10pm ET like every night.

Then I know you are easy to find phee so hopefully you and I can play our week 12 game before I leave for denver on tues morning. Monday night would be great if you could go then. That way all my games will be out of the way for the time I'll be gone.

Mrbob

Wow, I feel bad for v1lla21. I robbed that game from him. Anything that could go wrong went wrong for him. Didn't deserve to win it.

GG, FMT.......I fell apart 2nd half of the game lol

that was a pretty wild couple innings. you had a no hitter through 5 i believe. ryan howard bailed me out with the pinch hit grand slam or else i would've probably lost that game. i thought you were going to run me out of the stadium after you got those 3 homers in consecutive innings

that was a pretty wild couple innings. you had a no hitter through 5 i believe. ryan howard bailed me out with the pinch hit grand slam or else i would've probably lost that game. i thought you were going to run me out of the stadium after you got those 3 homers in consecutive innings

I even brought Glen Perkins for that Ryan Howard pinch hit AB =/

Week 9:
Week 11:
Padres @ Pirates
Jays @ Cubs

Week 12:
Rockies @ Reds
Dodgers @ Padres
Cubs @ Jays

Week 13:
Reds @ Yankees
Marlins @ Brewers
Rockies @ Cubs
Jays @ Dodgers
Padres @ Pirates
Braves @ Giants

Week 14:
Brewers @ Reds
Cubs @ Yankees
Dodgers @ Rockies
Pirates @ Jays
Giants @ Padres
Marlins @ Braves

Week 9 will be done tonight so week 13 will definitely be activated...and there's a small possibility Pirates/Reds also gets done but week 14 won't come until late Monday at the earliest, I'm gonna give Rob as long as possible to play that game...he's not gone too long!

And I'm thinking ahead of time that depending on standings and matchups, we might do weeks 20-22 one at a time for dramatic seedings! For instance Braves/Pirates is last game of the year, may decide homefield!

Top Bottom