• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

What if we undo a game and then sim it when we are done trading? Would that make us go back in time? Can you undo games?

I offer that Reds-Marlins game to be erased from the books for the good of the league!

What if we undo a game and then sim it when we are done trading? Would that make us go back in time? Can you undo games?

I offer that Reds-Marlins game to be erased from the books for the good of the league!

Lol! I don't know if that will work though. If this game made sense it shouldn't have passed until we finished that week.

Has anybody played any week 16 games? Maybe if we turned the flex leeway to 2 weeks it'll work?

Never mind that setting is locked.

So I just went to the very first league we made and released a player. It didn't free up any budget room so I guess we can't use that method either.

Are we doing a season 2 with an entry draft and free agency? I don't see trading as being that important since we all have super teams

Are we doing a season 2 with an entry draft and free agency? I don't see trading as being that important since we all have super teams
I have a feeling this league will fall apart once madden nhl and destiny come out all around the same time. Sometime during season 2. It's an awesome game but the disconnects are getting old. I'm in til others start bailing tho!

If we do another one I'm down for doing another draft.

And yeah I can't really turn back the clock...

This fucking sucks. Goddamn. I mean since we're doing one year, maybe we should still do add/drop if possible? I don't know.

And yeah I'm aware other games are out too soon but I like all my sports games, I basically play games for leagues/competition so I'm always willing to rotate

Although NHL will probably get the most burn...

Idk! But the only game I can reset is my last one. Can some1 reset another game? I'd hate to do that to rob.

The deadline came into effect when me and rob finished our game, a game I can reset ATM. What say you guys?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I really enjoy this group we have here. I'm the type to play this years MLB religiously until 2015 comes out. I wish there was a way for us to do multiple seasons with this group we already have but when the league started it was a huge question mark as to if it would even work at all.

ps... No Drizz we are not erasing my 15 run pounding of you.. gotta wear that L fam.

Idk! But the only game I can reset is my last one. Can some1 reset another game? I'd hate to do that to rob.

The deadline came into effect when me and rob finished our game, a game I can reset ATM. What say you guys?

You can reset it, but you can't go back weeks.

I don't know this for 100% sure though...

Okay so I am noticing what Drizzler said is right. When I first read it I misinterpreted it

We haven't even finished all the week 15 games (deadline week), and this 'trade deadline' thing didn't happen until this morning----it happened after The Marlins and Reds played

So....wtf???

Sorry Rob but we might have to just let you have the win there instead of a 15-1 raping in the record books. Besides I gave you a chance to replay me after I pretty much had it in the bag in game 1, and you got the W anyways!

The problem came in when we advanced past week 15 and made week 16 available. I think.

I thought so too, but when I look at the franchise events, but it happened well after I advanced to week 16

I'm just saying, it could definitely work!

I made a dummy league and I'm about to test this!

The problem came in when we advanced past week 15 and made week 16 available. I think.

It happened after your week 15 game with the marlins. So it might work! I'm gonna see if it does in my dummy league

Drop/add won't work either since your budget won't increase after you drop.

Don't reset a game yet!

If we do another one I'm down for doing another draft.

And yeah I can't really turn back the clock...

This fucking sucks. Goddamn. I mean since we're doing one year, maybe we should still do add/drop if possible? I don't know.

And yeah I'm aware other games are out too soon but I like all my sports games, I basically play games for leagues/competition so I'm always willing to rotate

Although NHL will probably get the most burn...

NHl 15 on ps4!

Since the advance yesterday this is the sequence (the lower on the list, the newer)

1)Advance
2) Marlins propose trade to Braves
3) Reds/Brewers accept trade
4) Reds sign Josh Harrison
5/6) Brewers propose trade to Rockies
7) Reds beat Yankees
8) Brewers beat Reds
9) blah blah propose blah blah reject blah blah trade
then.....

A game between the Marlins and Reds has been reset
Brewers propose trade to yankees
trade deadline has passed
reds beat marlins

.............so the trade deadline news happened right after brewers proposed to yankees, and before reds/marlins played. and it's not like after we advanced, people couldn't trade or propose.

I am so confused...

I made a dummy league and I'm about to test this!

Thank you!

Late last night, maybe today's date.

Wait was that reset game from last night's failed?

Here:

http://theshownation.com/franchise/113134/events

Aug 03 The Reds have beaten the Marlins 15-1 (Week 15)
Aug 03 The trade deadline has passed. Trading will re-open in the Offseason.
Aug 03 A trade has been proposed by the Brewers to the Yankees.
Aug 03 A game between the Marlins and Reds has been reset.
Aug 03 A trade offer between the Marlins and the Braves was rejected.
Aug 03 A trade offer between the Reds and the Braves was rejected.
Aug 03 A trade has been proposed by the Braves to the Rockies.
Aug 03 A trade has been proposed by the Reds to the Cubs.
Aug 03 A trade has been proposed by the Reds to the Blue Jays.
Aug 03 The Brewers have beaten the Reds 2-1. (Week 14)
Aug 03 The Reds have beaten the Yankees 4-2. (Week 13)
Aug 03 A trade has been proposed by the Brewers to the Rockies.
Aug 03 A trade has been proposed by the Brewers to the Rockies.
Aug 03 The Reds have signed free agent Josh Harrison
Aug 03 A trade between the Brewers and the Reds was successful.
Aug 03 A trade offer between the Brewers and the Reds has been accepted. Please review and vote on the trade.
Aug 02 A trade has been proposed by the Marlins to the Braves.
Aug 02 The League Series has advanced. Please check your schedule for your new games.
Aug 02 The Reds have beaten the Rockies 6-2.
Aug 02 A trade has been proposed by the Brewers to the Reds.
Aug 02 A trade has been proposed by the Reds to the Braves.
Aug 02 A league game between the Marlins and Reds has failed to process correctly and was deleted.
Aug 02 A trade between the Rockies and the Reds was successful.
Aug 02 A trade offer between the Rockies and the Reds has been accepted. Please review and vote on the trade.
Aug 02 A trade offer between the Reds and the Rockies was rejected.

Bolded the important stuff. Week 16 came after me and Rob finished the final game of week 12. And as far as I know, no week 16 games have been played.

So nothing really makes sense...

We need to reset our game. It's our only hope. I'm laughing as I type this but I'm dead serious.

No, I absolutely agree. It really is our only chance, I think.

Sucks for Rob's 15-1 pounding but we've all had to deal with this shit unfortunately, here in this league this year wins and losses will matter more than individual stats, and I've had some of my nice games erased/not exist too :-/

Well, two week 15 games were played...me and Pirates, Rob/Drizzler. so I don't know if playing those games did anything?

really beats me...

from the timeline it looks like acheron was able to offer a trade this afternoon (for Darvish). shortly after, the marlins/reds game completed. but according to the timeline the deadline came BEFORE their game was finished

h031F6024

I gotta go do stuff so if someone can try to take care in the meantime that's great. looks like crimson's got a handle on things

DietRob

Sorry I had to step away for a minute to start marinating steaks/chops for our grill out later.

If you guys want to reset my beat down of drizz that's cool. Just sim me the win afterwards. It'll be OK for me to lose my stats, not that big of a deal anyway.

Sorry I had to step away for a minute to start marinating steaks/chops for our grill out later.

If you guys want to reset my beat down of drizz that's cool. Just sim me the win afterwards. It'll be OK for me to lose my stats, not that big of a deal anyway.

That sounds god damn delicious

Either way you'll get your win. But I'm skeptical this works, because I'm quite frankly not sure how in the living fuck the game decided to choose the deadline when it did. If it wanted to FUUTA, it would have forced the deadline the moment I advanced yesterday. but it....kind of just happened whenever it wanted to?

I should have just played it safe and not advanced TO week 16 until we were all done, that was an oversight on my part, but I also didn't think the deadline would happen until we finished 15. still, this deadline the game enforced came at a really random and illogical time.

I'm going to a Chinese restaurant to eat with family friends where everyone will speak a language I can barely speak. Sounds like fun.

It doesn't work :(

I advanced until one week was available after the trade deadline. It took 3 games before it passed this time and I reset all three games and still can't trade.

So I guess it passed after the 2nd week 15 game but before it showed up in events. Doesn't make sense.

DietRob

It doesn't work :(

I advanced until one week was available after the trade deadline. It took 3 games before it passed this time and I reset all three games and still can't trade.

Damn it..

another win for SDS

I should have just played it safe and not advanced TO week 16 until we were all done, that was an oversight on my part, but I also didn't think the deadline would happen until we finished 15. still, this deadline the game enforced came at a really random and illogical time.

I knew it was a mistake finally giving you the thumbs up plus rating for commissioner this morning ROFL

so sorry league, this blows. if anyone wants trade backs between those who got it done, i am willing to if at all possible. I do not really feel great about trading when others didn't have the opportunity to.

Damn it..

another win for SDS

I knew it was a mistake finally giving you the thumbs up plus rating for commissioner this morning ROFL
thats what did us in! all your fault!

this whole thing makes no goddamn sense!!!

DietRob

Guess we can always try drop and sign for 'trading' anybody test that with some scrubs yet? Only caveat is salary restrictions. I'm not sure the game logic for dropping a player that's making millions and if that means you then have that money available.

so sorry league, this blows. if anyone wants trade backs between those who got it done, i am willing to if at all possible. I do not really feel great about trading when others didn't have the opportunity to.

thats what did us in! all your fault!

Y'all would need a lot of available budget to do that I don't think it's possible. I'm cool with the trades though. We still might be able to do small trades if y'all make sure you have the money. I noticed Gattis makes less than a million if you have the money we could drop add for Napoli :)

Guess we can always try drop and sign for 'trading' anybody test that with some scrubs yet? Only caveat is salary restrictions. I'm not sure the game logic for dropping a player that's making millions and if that means you then have that money available.

I tested this earlier and you don't get any money back from dropping. I dropped Kimbrel and still had 10 mil left. But if I had 4 mil left and you had 7 it could work if both players involved wanted salaries under the budgets.

crimson tried and it doesnt free money. but maybe we can sign those players to cheap contracts? how does FA Work?

gg bj. i was fortunate to get that homer because it BARELY went over the wall. i actually thought you got it on the jump but it just cleared. also the triple i got with my pitcher i didn't try to go to the 3rd the game just did it!

gg bj. i was fortunate to get that homer because it BARELY went over the wall. i actually thought you got it on the jump but it just cleared. also the triple i got with my pitcher i didn't try to go to the 3rd the game just did it!

Yea, I thought my jump worked

And I threw the ball in to 2nd because I thought there was no way Cueto would try for 3rd lol

I'm still bummed about the whole trade deadline thing. sorry bros :(

At least we will know from now on. God damn, I thought I had examined these leagues up and down in every way but that's the ONE thing I missed! fuck!

Top Bottom