• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Wow.. that my friend was a battle. Jesus. My hands are sweaty as fuck..

Walked in the winning run. Your pitching was so damn good all game too. Kept me to 1 hit until the 8th inning.

Walked in the winning run. Your pitching was so damn good all game too. Kept me to 1 hit until the 8th inning.

Holy shit you guys finished?

giphy.gif

DietRob

Not only finished but played 11 whole innings without a disconnect..

A miracle indeed.

Week 13:
Padres @ Pirates

Week 14:
Cubs @ Yankees
Pirates @ Jays
Giants @ Padres

Week 15: TRADE DEADLINE......has passed :(
Braves @ Padres
Jays @ Giants
Brewers @ Cubs
Yankees @ Dodgers

Week 16:
Padres @ Jays
Yankees @ Pirates
Cubs @ Marlins
Giants @ Rockies

Good game! I should have won on that passed ball in the 9th but he wouldn't run until your catcher got the ball. And then in the 11th pitches right down the middle were called balls. All cause I fucked up with a fastball against Troy in the 9th.

I completely suck at hitting now we are in a bad slump.

Mrbob

Game times will have to be relatively late this week for me. I won't be free until about 11PM central every night.

DietRob

I can't ever find any randoms to play a game with anymore. Somebody want to play a scrimmage game some time today? I need to practice hitting!

I do challenge of the week for hitting practice. As you can tell from our game yesterday it obviously doesn't help much. LOL

I do challenge of the week for hitting practice. As you can tell from our game yesterday it obviously doesn't help much. LOL

LOL! That was an awesome game! I was so frustrated by the end though! That tiny strike zone in the 11th :( but at least you hit a HR I haven't hit one in several games and that's bout the only way I can score!

Does the COTW have the lag like the online does? I think it's my timing that is off. It's been like that since shortly after the last patch.

DietRob

Does the COTW have the lag like the online does? I think it's my timing that is off. It's been like that since shortly after the last patch.

Yeah, good point about the lag. It is something we certainly have to compensate for when playing online. I've never run into that same sort of swinging lag in COTW that we see online.

I might be able to play a scrim against you later on tonight. I'm going to have some dinner and hang out with the wifey for a while. If I see you online later tonight maybe we can rumble again.
Can we scrim with our league teams? I don't think we can, and that sucks.

Yeah, good point about the lag. It is something we certainly have to compensate for when playing online. I've never run into that same sort of swinging lag in COTW that we see online.

I might be able to play a scrim against you later on tonight. I'm going to have some dinner and hang out with the wifey for a while. If I see you online later tonight maybe we can rumble again.
Can we scrim with our league teams? I don't think we can, and that sucks.

yes you can go to the schedule page and do "practice vs (blank)" when you're both on

me and dominican scrimmed a few times. only issue is that it uses the rotations you're currently on so you can choose from like max 2 pitchers

Me and rob both just pitched a perfect game against each other in the same game through 9 innings!

And now he just hit a HR in the 10th :(

Lol they counted that dropped fly ball as a hit in the 10th! They robbed you of your perfect game. That game just made me feel worse about my hitting.

DietRob

Ahhhhhhhh........ mother fucker..

Out away from a 10 inning perfect game and Cruz drops a fly out by Cabrera.. DAMN IT

Strasburg is fucking disgusting and should be illegal. Only reason I got a HR is because you left him out there with zero energy and his arm finally fell off.

Ahhhhhhhh........ mother fucker..

Out away from a 10 inning perfect game and Cruz drops a fly out by Cabrera.. DAMN IT

Strasburg is fucking disgusting and should be illegal. Only reason I got a HR is because you left him out there with zero energy and his arm finally fell off.

Lol yeah he was still under 100 pitches so I said fuck it since the game didn't count. Left that slider up right in the plate and you crushed it!

I hit a couple balls to the warning track. Can't hit them any farther anymore. At least my pitching keeps me in the game in case I get lucky and score!

Mrbob

I should be free a little earlier tonight, around 9 to 9:30 central. So if the Yankees, Marlins, or Brewers want to play let me know. I need a Dota fix tonight too so if I start the game it may be tough for me to leave.

v1lla21

Omfg my boss is being a dick. I swear ima take a shit in the restroom in his office. Ph33 how about in an hour and a half?

Crimson I'm not gonna be able to play at the moment---if you're on later I will hit you up

Also we have totally mastered the art of me passing, and you shooting, it usually works!

Top Bottom