• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

Standings:

1. San Diego Padres 12-1 (9 left) 0 GB
2. Atlanta Braves 11-4 (7 left) 2 GB
3. Pittsburgh Pirates 11-4 (7 left) 2 GB
4. Cincinnati Reds 9-7 (6 left) 4.5 GB
5. Milwaukee Brewers 8-7 (7 left) 5 GB
6. Colorado Rockies 8-7 (7 left) 5 GB
7. Chicago Cubs 7-6 (9 left) 5 GB
8. New York Yankees 6-7 (9 left) 6 GB

--------------------------------

9. Los Angeles Dodgers 7-8 (7 left) 6 GB
10. Miami Marlins 4-11 (7 left) 9 GB
11. Toronto Blue Jays 3-11 (8 left) 9.5 GB
12. San Francisco Giants 0-13 (9 left) 12 GB

Padres almost got first locked up! Looks like there's gonna be a fight for 2nd and then for 4th-8th.

villa and i are about to play... ill do my other two games tomorrow.

tsizzle and canadacool!

What time you gonna be around tomorrow?

Jays when will you be around?

I might be able to put a dent in the Padres....unless he starts Kershaw then it's a guaranteed loss, dude has a 0.36 ERA in 3 starts.

I'm glad he pitched Kershaw against the Pirates now I don't have to face him! I still won't be able to hit the ball though probably. But I think Strasburg might be up!

I should fire my hitting coach lol

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Wow.. looks like it's going to be a fight till the bitter end for those middle seeded playoff spots.

Playing a random and the first pitch I see is a HR followed by a double off of Kershaw! Hopefully my hitting woes are over.

9 hits and 4 runs vs Kershaw. That's a little better but still only one HR.

GG v1lla. that win for me should come with an asterisk though, let it be known that you probably would have won that first game before the disconnect!

I really regret trading ryu. puig has been amazing for me, but braun was good for me anyways. the greed will bite my ass later I know it :(

v1lla21

GG v1lla. that win for me should come with an asterisk though, let it be known that you probably would have won that first game before the disconnect!

I really regret trading ryu. puig has been amazing for me, but braun was good for me anyways. the greed will bite my ass later I know it :(
Gg bru. At least I got better at batting :D lol. I think these three last games I've gotten more on base than ever before. Lol.

v1lla21

not sure, exactly, but i'll definitely be flexible -- we should be able to get it in.

ya, gg, villa -- if i didn't get a few critical double plays, you would have scored a few runs.
Man, it's pretty damn hard to get you to swing at balls lol. I think I only got you once with a slider.

DietRob

Hope we can advance a week or two today. I'd love to play a few tonight.

Oh shit I didn't realize I had one to play now. Bob want to play in about an hour?

Here's the schedule for this page for 50-post people (Do we have those in here? I do 100)

Week 14:
Cubs @ Yankees

Week 15: TRADE DEADLINE......has passed :(
Jays @ Giants
Brewers @ Cubs

Week 16:
Padres @ Jays
Yankees @ Pirates
Cubs @ Marlins

Week 17:
Giants @ Yankees
Marlins @ Dodgers
Brewers @ Pirates
Rockies @ Padres
Braves @ Jays
Reds @ Cubs

OK so here's the deal: I'd like to try to have the regular season wrapped up some time the last week of August. I'm gonna be out from the 27th-28th (Most likely 26th as well) and Ecnal will be gone from the 30th-10th, so if we can get it started by then that'd be great, we'll have the Maddens and NHLs to occupy us so those in the playoffs can stretch it out rather than playing it over 2 days or something lol.

What say you guys?

How about let's try to get weeks 15-18 done by next 8/17, and 19-22 by the 24th? I had mentioned earlier doing it one week by one week near the end because the standings shifting will be great, and I think it will be possible if we get 15-18 done quickly so we have that flexibility.

i think marte brought it back in... looked like it hit his wrist or glove.

We needed instant replay on that one lol that play and the inning where you threw Murphy out at 3rd were the only chances I had to score all game. I can't hit a fastball anymore and that's making me look for just fast pitches and then the curve or change up or any other slow pitch just kills me.

balls another 1 run loss in extra innings. i actually had a decent amount of hits (7 or 8) but not when i had guys in scoring position. good bye playoffs! gg dcx

Are Jays/Giants and Brewers/Cubs getting played tonight by chance? That'd be great.

Also,

unnamed_zps82ebc3e0.jpg

This just happened in my shower. I'm terrified to go in. Don't know why it did that.

That's what you think and then you find out it works basically as well as your PS4, lol

I'm thinking of making this app a requirement for folks...seems to make getting in comm much easier.

I have a one Plus one now, every app runs in turbo mode compared to the galaxy nexus

Alright....whoever needs to play me, msg me on PSN =/

Mrbob

GG DCX. Couldn't hit anything spots with Lester that game. Thankfully my offense stepped up.

Still want to know what the heck happened in the 3rd inning when I had a runner at 3rd with two outs. Posey hits a rocket single to right field and my base runner decides to slide back to 3rd base on the hit? Wtf what kind of glitch is that lol. Ball was hit so hard I had no chance of getting that run in after the slide. So dumb.

DCX

DCX
GG DCX. Couldn't hit anything spots with Lester that game. Thankfully my offense stepped up.

Still want to know what the heck happened in the 3rd inning when I had a runner at 3rd with two outs. Posey hits a rocket single to right field and my base runner decides to slide back to 3rd base on the hit? Wtf what kind of glitch is that lol. Ball was hit so hard I had no chance of getting that run in after the slide. So dumb.
I had a glitch where it looked like I had a double and the next inning started. I guess I was out!

DCX

Week 15:
Jays @ Giants
Brewers @ Cubs

Week 16:
Padres @ Jays
Yankees @ Pirates
Cubs @ Marlins

Week 17:
Giants @ Yankees
Marlins @ Dodgers
Brewers @ Pirates
Rockies @ Padres
Reds @ Cubs

Week 18:
Dodgers @ Reds
Padres @ Yankees
Pirates @ Marlins
Jays @ Rockies
Cubs @ Braves
Giants @ Brewers

Ecnal, I figure I can catch you in the middle of the week one of these nights? (Can't do it too late on Tuesday and Thursday)

Jonsson, if you want to play later tonight I can.

DietRob

Dang, I feel bad. Bob was beating me soundly up 3 runs and my hitting was nowhere to be found then in the start of the 5th my power blinked out.

Sorry man!

Mrbob

Trying to keep my winning streak from going to 7 games I see how it is. <.<

We'll have to play another night. My eyes were going crazy from playing back to back games. The meter was starting to become a blur.

Top Bottom