• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
No worries man. That was a sure fire double play. Commish reset it n give it to Rob. My offense was off tonight anyways.

Thanks DM. I wouldn't bitch about it normally, but this game meant a lot for me in regards to playoff seeding and to catch an L due to SDS being shitty was heartbreaking. Your a stand up dude. I appreciate you recognizing that the game really did cheat me.

:D

One game left in week 16! Week 17 is already done. So when that's over, we will have 18-21!

Week 16:
Padres @ Jays

Week 18:
Padres @ Yankees
Cubs @ Braves
Giants @ Brewers

Week 19:
Padres @ Brewers
Yankees @ Jays
Marlins @ Giants

Yeah baserunning can be infuriating sometimes. It really sucks. I usually try to play it safe but there are times when I can't tell what in the fuck is going on

Ecnal let me know Jays-Padres will happen tonight. I will post weeks 20 and 21 now!

Week 18:
Giants @ Brewers

Week 19:
Padres @ Brewers
Yankees @ Jays
Marlins @ Giants

Week 20:
Padres @ Marlins
Giants @ Reds
Pirates @ Cubs
Jays @ Brewers
Rockies @ Yankees

Week 21:
Reds @ Padres
Marlins @ Jays
Cubs @ Giants
Braves @ Yankees
Brewers @ Rockies

Mrbob

Sorry Crimson ended up playing Last of Us super late last night. On vacation this week but heading to a cottage soon and won't get back into Tuesday night. Wish I could stay longer but I have to get some things done locally on Wednesday. So if you are free tomorrow night we can play.

I could try remote play with my Vita but that seems disastrous.

Sorry Crimson ended up playing Last of Us super late last night. On vacation this week but heading to a cottage soon and won't get back into Tuesday night. Wish I could stay longer but I have to get some things done locally on Wednesday. So if you are free tomorrow night we can play.

No don't do that

It's absolutely horrendous from what I've heard

It's cool I should be around tomorrow night. But like phee said don't use the vita! I've heard it was pretty bad too.

I just advanced two weeks...new schedule is up a few posts above.

If possible, let's try to have most of the regular season wrapped up by Tuesday evening of next week. I'm going to be out from Wednesday-Friday and Ecnal will be gone I think from the 28th-10th. We can start the playoffs while he's gone, and since most of us will have Madden to occupy us that week, we can take the first round a little slowly.

DCX

DCX
I can play a few games tonight. I will be watching Hard Knocks, other than that I'm free!

Yankees here.

DCX

GG! I didn't think I was gonna win when you went up 2-0. Your pitcher just fell apart that one inning. You hit so many HRs against me!

Bob can you still play tonight?

GG! I didn't think I was gonna win when you went up 2-0. Your pitcher just fell apart that one inning. You hit so many HRs against me!

gg brah. that inning made me mad at first because my guy appeared to be on the spot and just didn't do anything! i thought i caught the ball. in looking at the replay its like he did the animation but the ball just went past him. the other thing that pissed me off is that same fucking loser ON A SHORT OUTFIELD FLY fucking throws a pop up to home plate to try to get the runner out. wtf dart that shit in there you fucking loser!

i was pitching well and then it all fell apart in that one inning!

DCX, I'll catch you for our game if you are around on Friday or the weekend, I probably can't/shouldn't before then.
Same with you, Ache!

its funny we play against each other in our last game but also have the same two opponents beforehand. I also need to play FMT and Bob lol

gg brah. that inning made me mad at first because my guy appeared to be on the spot and just didn't do anything! i thought i caught the ball. in looking at the replay its like he did the animation but the ball just went past him. the other thing that pissed me off is that same fucking loser ON A SHORT OUTFIELD FLY fucking throws a pop up to home plate to try to get the runner out. wtf dart that shit in there you fucking loser!

i was pitching well and then it all fell apart in that one inning!

Lol! That play was probably when the base running was lagging for me. The ball was in the outfield still then it looked like the catcher had the ball and he did the tagging motion while my guy was walking to home. I thought he was going to be called out.

I had a crazy outfield play too. It was in the 9th I think when you hit it off the wall. My dude didn't even try to catch it and he was standing right there.

I just got home i can play in 5 to 10 minutes.

Awesome!

its funny we play against each other in our last game but also have the same two opponents beforehand. I also need to play FMT and Bob lol

Lol our game could be for 2nd place too!

ecnal

DCX and i are 0/3 today, so fuck it.

leave this game up to the sim gods.

acheron: friday will work.

whoever else i'm supposed to play, lets shoot for tomorrow/thurs.

Mrbob

GG Crimson. What a cursed game. Give up a solo home run to start the 1st. Two base hits. 1st and 2nd no outs. Get a strike out and then the double play ball EXCEPT my guy throws it over first base for an error, another run scores.

Down 2 to 0 in the 9th I score a run 1st and 2nd one out. I get a hit on a ball that deflects off of a close catch and what happens? My guy at 1st runs to second and I have two guys at second so one person gets out instead of bases loaded. I still tie the game but the 9th inning could have been much more. Game is trash. D:

Lol yeah I forgot how I scored that 2nd run. Then my dude in the 9th just let the ball hit off his glove or some shit but the trash base running fucked you.

Just simmed Yanks-Padres---Yanks won, 4-3.

Could both of you please do a favor and check what your rotations looked like after that sim, and if it used the pitcher you expected? Because I'm curious if the game takes that into account. As far as I know, "resolve" didn't.

Also, once Giants/Brewers do their game, we will unlock the final week of the regular season!

I'll post standings later tonight.

Untitled_zpsfdd5dc4a.png

Week 18:
Giants @ Brewers

Week 19:
Padres @ Brewers
Yankees @ Jays
Marlins @ Giants

Week 20:
Padres @ Marlins
Giants @ Reds
Pirates @ Cubs
Jays @ Brewers

Week 21:
Reds @ Padres
Dodgers @ Pirates
Marlins @ Jays
Cubs @ Giants
Braves @ Yankees

Shit's getting reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal tight in here!

It's like an online reputation thing. Mine is relatively low from all the DC's and blue screens I've had playing Diamond Dynasty.

Well then. Congrats, DCX! You are our league's most noble member! Crimson, apparently you are just a horrible person.

Ache, you around to play week 21?

Top Bottom