• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

So after me and Ache play, he and villa are going to play and that will wrap up week 18. we will unlock the final week after that!

So if that gets played:

Week 19:
Padres @ Brewers
Yankees @ Jays
Marlins @ Giants

Week 20:
Padres @ Marlins
Pirates @ Cubs
Jays @ Brewers

Week 21:
Reds @ Padres
Dodgers @ Pirates
Marlins @ Jays
Cubs @ Giants
Braves @ Yankees

Week 22:
Jays @ Reds
Padres @ Cubs
Pirates @ Braves
Rockies @ Marlins
Yankees @ Brewers
Giants @ Dodgers

Anibal Sanchez pitching for his life and career right now!

i hate when my controller grAzes the wrong part of my crotch and i accidentally order a double steal with runners on the corners

Suddenly a lot of these games got more interesting! Three 9-10 teams from 6-8, and FMT in 9th at 9-11

Three 14 win teams from seeds 2-4

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
GG Villa.

I'm not sure what happened there in the first inning at the first at bat, my RF straight up wiffed on that line drive. I swear I thought you were going to have an in the park HR. Then in the second inning I was wrung up on a ball 3 outside, that was strange. My hitting has been way off sync for a few games. I struck out 13 times this game and at least double digits last game.

I'm also way early on nearly everything. There were 3 or 4 sure HR's that curved just outside of the foul pole. I've gotta figure out a way to fix my swing and quit jumping all over stuff so early. I'm leading the league in strike outs :(

Damn, Rob is no lock for the playoffs! In the event that he gets tied with FMT, he'd lose the tiebreaker. But you would also have to lose 2 while FMT wins the last 2.

villa's crashing a lot of parties! I like it!

v1lla21

GG Villa.

I'm not sure what happened there in the first inning at the first at bat, my RF straight up wiffed on that line drive. I swear I thought you were going to have an in the park HR. Then in the second inning I was wrung up on a ball 3 outside, that was strange. My hitting has been way off sync for a few games. I struck out 13 times this game and at least double digits last game.

I'm also way early on nearly everything. There were 3 or 4 sure HR's that curved just outside of the foul pole. I've gotta figure out a way to fix my swing and quit jumping all over stuff so early. I'm leading the league in strike outs :(
Yeah. That shit was bonkers in the first. I thought it was a random glitch but I saw nothing happened so I went to second. Man, I'm so lucky those curved out. There was one specifically that ended up curving rather late and I thought it was going in. That HR you scored was great though!

Untitled_zpse79faa40.png

Have fun with that clusterfuck!

DietRob

Yeah. That shit was bonkers in the first. I thought it was a random glitch but I saw nothing happened so I went to second. Man, I'm so lucky those curved out. There was one specifically that ended up curving rather late and I thought it was going in. That HR you scored was great though!
Ah. I figured out what it was by looking at the box score I finally noticed the Gonzalez was playing RF he's a normal 1b so playing in the outfield must have completely borked his defensive stats. Ok I feel better about that now, or no I feel dumb for not noticing and leaving him out there lol.

On the hr you hit in the 10th I was so mad at myself. I set that up to be a slider outside and missed the meter badly so it hung. I knew it would get crushed from the moment I released it and you did crush it. Grrr

It's totally up to you guys, but we could all finish 19-21 first, and then see how things are for week 22. Cause at that point it could be win and get in, lose and be out for many folks. And some seed changes too.

FMT is the only one on that list who needs help. If the 3 above him win out, he's donezo!

gg dmn but that was one of the biggest bullshit games i have ever seen from the standpoint of the umps. i feel like literally every close call went in your favor as far as balls and strikes. this then causes me to have to bring the ball down because the ump wont give me any calls on the corner (despite you getting the same calls).

at least if i dont make the playoffs i dont have to deal with this trash!

gg dmn but that was one of the biggest bullshit games i have ever seen from the standpoint of the umps. i feel like literally every close call went in your favor as far as balls and strikes. this then causes me to have to bring the ball down because the ump wont give me any calls on the corner (despite you getting the same calls).

at least if i dont make the playoffs i dont have to deal with this trash!
Gg bro the corner calls were a bit off

the other thing that was off is i would see a ball coming, i would swing and then it would fast forward to me being out. then when i look at where the last pitch was located it was an entirely different area. this happened only a couple times but also was annoying

the other thing that was off is i would see a ball coming, i would swing and then it would fast forward to me being out. then when i look at where the last pitch was located it was an entirely different area. this happened only a couple times but also was annoying

I've seen this happen. I think what they show the second time, is the umpire's view. I'm sorry you got fucked FMT :(

DietRob

Damn, Rob is no lock for the playoffs! In the event that he gets tied with FMT, he'd lose the tiebreaker. But you would also have to lose 2 while FMT wins the last 2.

villa's crashing a lot of parties! I like it!

I've been pretty terrible lately. I guess not playing the game too much anymore outside of my league matches has really thrown off my swing. I'm early on everything and striking out a whole lot.

I will be able to play my last couple of games between Sunday and Monday. So Padres and Jays let me know what times Sunday and Monday would be good for you both!

Top Bottom