• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

Well we got some options.

We could...

1) Try to start the playoffs regardless when/shortly after Ecnal leaves. Since most of the spots are locked up (We need one more FMT loss or an everybody else win) the only thing that can be affected is seeding but I'm not sure how much anyone cares about that. I don't. Tiebreakers are "Who knows" at this point

2) Play this patiently and go and finish it after he comes back. After all we have Madden coming out to distract us!

I'm fine with either option.

And I'm sorry if it looks like I'm singling Ecnal out, lol it's just that a near 2 week absence is a while and I want to see what everyone else thinks we should do

I'm getting it tomorrow but I'm busy as fuck preparing for an audition on Thursday. So I might get a game or two in to chill but that's it at max :(

Also I figure I might as well poll now...who is interested in a season 2? And if we do one, same rosters, or re-draft?

I vote re-draft to keep things fresh!

Mrbob

I wish we would have started this season earlier as now it is football time. Undecided on season 2 at the moment but leaning towards no. We should do this 12 player fantasy league right away next season with all the same players. One of the first MLB leagues ( if not the first? ) to survive.

Mr. Bob can you play today?

My internet was spotty the last day and a half. I think this DDoS attack affected my cable internet as well. Everything seems back to normal now ( or as of late last night ). I should be free tonight to play after 9 central.

I think we finished a season last year, I'm not totally sure...it kind of ended abruptly if I remember right. And with Ache winning that year? Can't remember

New draft. I'm in. I say sim to playoffs now.

DCX

Haw haw haw not so fast buddy, got to make sure Bob and Ache don't complete the choke of a lifetime first :)

I think if one of them loses out and FMT wins out he has a chance, but who knows!

my prediction for tiebreaker is still by PSN username. we will see

Mrbob

Yeah nothing is guaranteed right now. This has been cursed season for me.

1) I've lost 4 games due to my bad defense committing errors which gave up leads

2) I've had one sim loss

3) In a replay of a game I was cruising to victory I lost in the 9th inning on back to back jacks with two outs.

4) My best statistical hitter ( 97 rated ) has missed 7 games this season due to getting hurt sliding into second base.

My last two games are against the top two teams and I'm going to roll with my 4 and 5 starter. So no sim let me choke away a playoff spot on my own.

sianis.jpg

Yeah nothing is guaranteed right now. This has been cursed season for me.

1) I've lost 4 games due to my bad defense committing errors which gave up leads

2) I've had one sim loss

3) In a replay of a game I was cruising to victory I lost in the 9th inning on back to back jacks with two outs.

4) My best statistical hitter ( 97 rated ) has missed 7 games this season due to getting hurt sliding into second base.

My last two games are against the top two teams and I'm going to roll with my 4 and 5 starter. So no sim let me choke away a playoff spot on my own.

You chose the Cubs. You think a fantasy draft changes that?

If the playoffs become guaranteed as far as who gets in, are you guys down for sim or do you want to play it out? I do not really care either way because we know fuck all about tiebreakers.

v1lla21

I'm down for another one! Re-draft though! Idk if I'll be able to play today, I'll post later though. Tomorrow I can't play at all, I'm going to the game against the Rockies.

v1lla21

Villa you can be a hero to everyone by beating FMT.
That means I'll have to stream it when I play against him. The more viewers I get the more runs I score! Or I at least hope so.

I'm home for those that want to get a game in.

Hopefully the Giants beat the fucking Rockies.

LOL this thread was so lonely yesterday. GG Madden

Any chance we can get some important games knocked out? we just need one more cubs and brewers victory. but mostly we just need giants-dodgers to play...that's really the last domino I think

DCX should have the tiebreaker over FMT (D before F, won both H2H)...unless the game wants to fuck him and say "Dodgers before Yankees!" which I don't think is the case. Not sure about the other two.

Week 19:
Padres @ Brewers
Marlins @ Giants

Week 20:
Padres @ Marlins
Pirates @ Cubs
Jays @ Brewers

Week 21:
Reds @ Padres
Marlins @ Jays

Week 22:
Jays @ Reds
Padres @ Cubs
Pirates @ Braves
Rockies @ Marlins
Giants @ Dodgers

I bolded games that will have an impact on who gets in. As well as Pirates/Braves cause that could determine 2nd round HFA

ecnal

replied to rob n acheron via PM.

for anyone else that needs to play me:

i'm around right now until about 4 PM bestcoast time... then should be available some time in evening -- 8 or 9 PM.

probably wont be able to play any games on friday, and then i'm gone till 9/10.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
We might have to sim Reds v Padres because I'm not off work for another 2 hours and will be in bed well before Ecnal returns.

Mrbob

GG DMNC.

I don't even know if I want to play this game again. Two outs top 9th deep fly ball to right field my guy misses the ball for an error and lets the tying run score. I just, I've seen this scenario play out so many times this season I'm ready to break my disc in two lol.

GG DMCN.

I don't even know if I want to play this game again. Two outs top 9th deep fly ball to right field my guy misses the ball for an error and lets the tying run score. I just, I've seen this scenario play out so many times this season I'm ready to break my disc in two lol.
Gg bro. My game bugged out a little in the first. That last out and first hit you got was the comp playing. Screen went black for a bit.

GG DMNCNBY I was lucky I got that 9-0 lead on you!

GG DMNC.

Well you are the cubs

ecnal

GG, for whatever reason, your pitching strategy shuts me down every time.

you can paint pretty much all game so i never get a chance to work any counts :(

Top Bottom