• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

Yea, and how did I miss a lazy pop up on the infield =/

I was thinking that was one of those things that looked weirder on my end due to lag, until it didn't actually get caught. I know that feel though. It's a really shitty feeling to bobble what would be a routine play.

I was thinking that was one of those things that looked weirder on my end due to lag, until it didn't actually get caught. I know that feel though. It's a really shitty feeling to bobble what would be a routine play.

I put my fielder under the ball and looked away to refresh twitter and turned back to see an error lol

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Going to have to sim Reds v Padres. I believe ecnal is now away on vacation. We just couldn't find a time to sync up with our schedules.

Big Jon can we arrange a time to play our last game? I've been having to get up pretty early through the week to make it to the gym. I would be able to play Saturday night or almost any time between Sunday - Tuesday since I'll be off for the holiday.

Gg FMT. You started me off with Hudson and killed me with Romo :( Lol.

lol hudsons pitchers are so slow that by the time most people catch on and get used to it i have pulled him from the game. this game he lasted into the 7th so that was good. you got close on a couple homers there! gg brah

There is one game left that matters: Padres @ Cubs

If the Cubs win this game they are in. If they lose...they will lose the tiebreaker to the Dodgers, I believe

What I've decided to do is to let FMT control the Padres for this week only. Ecnal and Bob are okay with it too. This basically simulates our one game playoff. FMT controls his destiny here! Win, and his Dodgers get in. Lose, and Cubs get in.

This will get played tomorrow night I believe. Does anybody else have objections?

v1lla21

lol hudsons pitchers are so slow that by the time most people catch on and get used to it i have pulled him from the game. this game he lasted into the 7th so that was good. you got close on a couple homers there! gg brah
Lol yeah. I started pressing square to bat once I realized the pitches would end up in the middle a lot of the time.

There is one game left that matters: Padres @ Cubs

If the Cubs win this game they are in. If they lose...they will lose the tiebreaker to the Dodgers, I believe

What I've decided to do is to let FMT control the Padres for this week only. Ecnal and Bob are okay with it too. This basically simulates our one game playoff. FMT controls his destiny here! Win, and his Dodgers get in. Lose, and Cubs get in.

This will get played tomorrow night I believe. Does anybody else have objections?

I object...

lol, I wish I hadn't just traded in the show. wtf was I thinking??

This really is probably the best way to do it. I was thinking of just controlling them myself, who wouldn't want to the chance to cockblock Bob, but it will be so much more riveting if FMT will use them.

The only request I've got is that FMT try to not use SD's first or second starters, save them as he would have for the playoffs. Which means Verlander or King Felix can be used lol

Ecnal said that all stamina resets when it's playoffs but I'm not sure.

This really is probably the best way to do it. I was thinking of just controlling them myself, who wouldn't want to the chance to cockblock Bob, but it will be so much more riveting if FMT will use them.

The only request I've got is that FMT try to not use SD's first or second starters, save them as he would have for the playoffs. Which means Verlander or King Felix can be used lol

Ecnal said that all stamina resets when it's playoffs but I'm not sure.
FMT use up Felix and Verlander. Playoffs teams will appreciate you for life!

Yeah but even if you use one he has Kershaw waiting in the wings and they'll be healed by the time their game comes around -_-

DietRob

I think big jon and I are playing tonight. Unless FMT can pull an all day MLB fest Padres v Reds needs to be simmed. I'm going out for a bit now but I should be back and willing to play whoever around 6 or 7 ET?

I'm also off work Mon and Tues this week so I've got plenty of time.

Hm, so it looks like H2H tiebreakers apply. Crimson is ahead of Dmncn, and that's how it should be cause Braves beat the Pirates twice.

After that I have no idea....Rob could still fall to the 6th seed but he'd have to lose twice.

If it makes sense, we will advance to the playoffs. But we that one big domino to fall!

DietRob

Doesn't matter to me if we play or not. If it makes more sense to sim to the playoffs so that we can start them tomorrow that works. I'm easy just let me know what i need to do.

mlb-playoffs.jpg

lol so the game simmed two Rob losses, and before I could do anything about the 2nd one, it started the playoffs! So Rob is the 6th seed now and Ache is the 5th....

I have no idea what the tiebreakers are but Bob got in anyways!

Padres (1) v Cubs (8)
Braves (2) v Yankees (7)
Pirates (3) v Reds (6)
Rockies (4) v Brewers (5)

Uhhhhh well there has been a late development!
The standings show the Cubs ahead of the Dodgers

However....the Cubs don't have any games to play. It's the Dodgers.

GG

Padres (1) v Dodgers (8)
Braves (2) v Yankees (7)
Pirates (3) v Reds (6)
Rockies (4) v Brewers (5)

Ecnal was right, all rotations are reset.

Take your time in the playoffs, fellas...

The 1st and 2nd seeds can play each other in the 2nd round if both teams advance instead of the WS lol. Or maybe I'm actually the 3rd seed?

When you wanna start DCX?

DietRob

Hahaha.. So worst outcome for Rob actually happened. Honestly I would have probably lost those 2 games anyways. At least those 2 L's didn't knock me out of the playoffs.

I can play early afternoon tomorrow or tomorrow after 10? I might be able to go in about an hour tonight. Let me know what time works best.

Hahaha.. So worst outcome for Rob actually happened. Honestly I would have probably lost those 2 games anyways. At least those 2 L's didn't knock me out of the playoffs.

I can play early afternoon tomorrow or tomorrow after 10? I might be able to go in about an hour tonight. Let me know what time works best.

Well you DID get to avoid playing me...

Went up 1-0 on the Yankees with a 2-1 win! He completely shut me down the last few innings though.

I got a picture of the bracket:

I'm definitely the 2nd seed cause the Yankees have to be the 7th. First and second seeds are supposed to meet in the finals lol

DietRob

When can you play Rob?

I somehow forgot that my wife planned a BBQ today. I'll be watching the smoker and grilling most of the day so I won't be able to play during the day today. Tonight after 10pm ET should be good for me though. Also free all day tomorrow for any additional games. This is a best of 5?

I somehow forgot that my wife planned a BBQ today. I'll be watching the smoker and grilling most of the day so I won't be able to play during the day today. Tonight after 10pm ET should be good for me though. Also free all day tomorrow for any additional games. This is a best of 5?

Yeah, it's 5-7-7.

Wow....how could MLB fuck up the playoff bracket completely? So not surprised...
So we should really be fighting for the 3-6 spots apparently, lol.

I play one at 10 tonight

DietRob

OK Heading on now.

edit: I guess we can try for tomorrow. No worries. It's been a pretty long day just going to do a little reading and hit the sack.

Top Bottom