• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

Hopefully they reflect Miguel Castro da god's true attributes.

Edit: forgot I'm not the Jays =(

This update that OS is releasing is actually a "full minors" update where they take care of all the minor leaguers, but I believe they also have correct MLB rosters

If you want adjusted ratings...their "hybrid" rosters get released a bit later. but ain't nobody going to wait for that

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
OS is the pinnacle of roster updates..

i just don't like their forums much. much larger circle jerk.

DietRob

breh, the reds are serious bizness..

iXrRJqN.png

Just tired of seeing you guys bash any new comers in any league. We want to have fun and play with the neogaf community, but the circle jerk mentality isn't inviting.

I personally haven't seen any other newcomers get bashed besides Johnny Park. Maybe somebody else got called out for a cheese here and there but we do that to our own ALL the time anyways. And I mean EVERY year. And by nature we rib each other a lot.

You DO understand why somebody like JP continues to get shit on and why what he did is etched into our memories as the poster boy we don't want around, right? Like, not only was he purposely and repeatedly an AI-exploiting player, which pretty much represents everything we despise, but he also pulled that shit with destroying the franchise on his way out. You want to go tell someone to grow up, maybe that's where you should look first.

I really mean this in a non-threatening way, because I would love to have you, but if you don't understand why someone like him gets shit then I don't think we're the right place for you.

And newcomers are welcome all the time. Just not asshole newcomers. Last year when we started this league, nobody had any idea who Crimson and Rob and v1lla were (There's others who I wasn't familiar with but had been around) and they've turned out to be fun people to play and be with on PSN. Same with Madden. Not everybody there is a vet of the same length. Before you there were plenty of people who had gotten in the year before and they stayed and got along with us all because they have the same sensibilites when it comes to how games should be played. There's lots of new guys there who we like (Jabee, GQMan, DJ Bowser, TLBB, etc.)

And I understand you play in a league with some dudes here and in the casual league, so you're obviously biased because you know them a little more personally than I so you're just sticking up for your boys. But let's not act like it's unreasonable for us to use him as an example of what we don't want in our leagues.

I've sent Bacon and Karish notifications about league invites...hopefully they'll sign and soon and all we have left is rosters!

Also, wanted yalls take on this...I initially did divisions by time zones, which I intend to keep doing so it makes sense. But I feel like the DH thing has a thrown us a curveball.

Not everybody replied about DH/No DH but I think what I'm going to attempt to do is to split it up so one league has it and the other doesn't. Because really, I wouldn't want to screw Rinse by forcing him to play Ortiz at first, that's not what Ortiz is meant to do. Likewise, NL teams don't really have a DH on their roster. So it's not fair for me to ask someone to use some trash utility player as their DH.

Another thing with divisions is right now they're grouped mostly by time, but I'm starting to think it'd be better for us to group by people who play each other more. So here's the original post on divisions (We need to add Bacon and Bushwick-E to this)---can yall check and just let me know if you think where you're playing works? Because I know many of you played Madden together and initially I wanted to avoid grouping the same guys together all the time so much so that we'd be more spread out, but maybe it is best to put yall together. So give me your two cents on it if this applies to you.

Also, Bob and EZ, you guys are meant to be division brothers for life. That's our one lock in this league!

And Bushwick-E isn't a member of GAF (yet, trying to register) but I'm going to put him in a division with the people he's on with most frequently. If you happen to have a game with him I'll get his PSN ID to you and I can help schedule stuff between you guys.

I don't care where I am really, though V1lla and I seem to be online at the same time lots and I already beat him once so if I somehow ended up in his division that would be cool.

Really though I'll play wherever

Mrbob

Just tired of seeing you guys bash any new comers in any league. We want to have fun and play with the neogaf community, but the circle jerk mentality isn't inviting.

They were messing with you. Gotta roll with the punches and stay out of defense mode. I haven't seen anyone else bashed except for Johnny Park who deserves all the bashing in the world.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Holyshit well I'm way out of the loop on the whole JP thing haha. I had no idea he pulled that kinda shit. I only played two seasons in the madden league. Must of turned heel after I left. I had some good games against that dude, but he won them both, fucking cheater lol j/k.

Hoping we get that roster update soon! I'm so stoked to get this league started.

What kinds of cheese have you guys experienced so far? Is bunting with fast guys considered cheese? Fielding bunts is a pain in the butt so far

abrack08

As long as people aren't trying to get me to play in the AM /afternoon while I'm at work, I don't really care what division I'm in. I think the timezones thing was a good idea, not sure how to handle the DH with that though.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
What kinds of cheese have you guys experienced so far? Is bunting with fast guys considered cheese? Fielding bunts is a pain in the butt so far

I've actually done quite a few bunts online when I've played trin. I do it a lot when I've got a runner on third and someone at first. Seems to work like 90% of the time though when I'm not bunting with my pitcher, I'm probably doing it around twice per game. It seems a bit cheap for sure and probably should be patched. Just seems to easy.

abrack08

Bunting has always been a bit OP, at least vs the CPU the last few years. This year seems even worse. I was trying to sacrifice bunt with Prince Fielder in the game I played online the other day and he still beat it out

Ph33, I don't know the schedule of the guys you laughed me up with, but I'm fine if they're coordinated by time zone. I'm usually on at 8-9 pm Mountain Time until whatever. Worried that might be too late for East coasters.

Also, I know you just want me in your division to pad you record! I'm onto you.

:edit: Hunting for base hits outside of your pitcher is pretty cheese mode. Advancing a runner is good, but come on.

LegoDad

I personally haven't seen any other newcomers get bashed besides Johnny Park. Maybe somebody else got called out for a cheese here and there but we do that to our own ALL the time anyways. And I mean EVERY year. And by nature we rib each other a lot.

You DO understand why somebody like JP continues to get shit on and why what he did is etched into our memories as the poster boy we don't want around, right? Like, not only was he purposely and repeatedly an AI-exploiting player, which pretty much represents everything we despise, but he also pulled that shit with destroying the franchise on his way out. You want to go tell someone to grow up, maybe that's where you should look first.

I really mean this in a non-threatening way, because I would love to have you, but if you don't understand why someone like him gets shit then I don't think we're the right place for you.

And newcomers are welcome all the time. Just not asshole newcomers. Last year when we started this league, nobody had any idea who Crimson and Rob and v1lla were (There's others who I wasn't familiar with but had been around) and they've turned out to be fun people to play and be with on PSN. Same with Madden. Not everybody there is a vet of the same length. Before you there were plenty of people who had gotten in the year before and they stayed and got along with us all because they have the same sensibilites when it comes to how games should be played. There's lots of new guys there who we like (Jabee, GQMan, DJ Bowser, TLBB, etc.)

And I understand you play in a league with some dudes here and in the casual league, so you're obviously biased because you know them a little more personally than I so you're just sticking up for your boys. But let's not act like it's unreasonable for us to use him as an example of what we don't want in our leagues.

Yeah I know what he did and it was wrong, and deserves some backlash, but everyone also deserves a second chance. It could have been handled a better way, and all I was trying to get at. Just ready to move and play some baseball, there less cheese issues in baseball right, never played MLB online.

Sanjuro

there less cheese issues in baseball right, never played MLB online.

There is more.

Madden cheese isn't always cheese, it's just normal plays and circumstances that the developers ruin.

MLB there are plenty of unrealistic scenarios and things you can do to score runs.

LegoDad

There is more.

Madden cheese isn't always cheese, it's just normal plays and circumstances that the developers ruin.

MLB there are plenty of unrealistic scenarios and things you can do to score runs.

Oh god. So that means you score 40 runs in CPU games? :p

Quick

Banned
Picked up the game on release day, but haven't really had the chance to get into it until now (aside from installing and a couple of games on that same day). Nothing really new for me, and the branded equipment doesn't add much to the realism since I don't really get to see them up close.

I barely played MLB 14 last year, and actually traded it in earlier than I would, so I felt like I got a longer break from The Show than usual.

As an RTTS pitcher, I really enjoy being with NL teams vs. the AL, only because I get to pitch and bat. I'm on AAA with the Nationals farm team, doing okay so far.

The nameplates still bother me, as usual. It's not lined up on the back of jerseys properly. Minor thing, but damn it.

Picked up the game on release day, but haven't really had the chance to get into it until now (aside from installing and a couple of games on that same day). Nothing really new for me, and the branded equipment doesn't add much to the realism since I don't really get to see them up close.

I barely played MLB 14 last year, and actually traded it in earlier than I would, so I felt like I got a longer break from The Show than usual.

As an RTTS pitcher, I really enjoy being with NL teams vs. the AL, only because I get to pitch and bat. I'm on AAA with the Nationals farm team, doing okay so far.

The nameplates still bother me, as usual. It's not lined up on the back of jerseys properly. Minor thing, but damn it.

I think this is the thread you are looking for

DietRob

ah yes 'server error' while trying to look at the cards i own.

this is the mlb the show i know

The actions of people like Johnny Park should be shunned and mocked in these threads. We can't let that happen again, and what better way than by never allowing each other to forget? What can these bans be chalked up as, harassment? Johnny park tried to destroy one of our leagues from the inside out. This is an online league with a lot of the same members. It's relevant to bring up why we don't want people like that back.

rinse82

Twice now I had a DD online game freeze after the guy beaned my hitter

Wonder if it's a glitch people exploit when they're losing. Still gave me the win though

Yeah they need to fix that shit. I've had several people try to do that shit but it never worked until last night.

They also need to fix that shit where the first baseman isn't covering the base. He just stands there.

Rosters out today, hopefully?

Yessir

Steve Noah @Steve_OS · 55m 55 minutes ago
OSFM rosters for MLB 15 The Show will be released later this afternoon/early evening. Will update when I hear more.

When I'm done stroking it to my new DD roster I'll get divisions set up for real and hopefully we can start this tonight!

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Yessir

Steve Noah @Steve_OS · 55m 55 minutes ago
OSFM rosters for MLB 15 The Show will be released later this afternoon/early evening. Will update when I hear more.

When I'm done stroking it to my new DD roster I'll get divisions set up for real and hopefully we can start this tonight!

Nooooice!

Cargo is on the block for a great pitcher BTW!

Top Bottom