• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

I haven't done an online franchise. Does salary cap matter? Like is this a holder league or does it reset after a season? Trades?

Trades happen I don't think there's a salary cap but there is a rookie draft I think

Also, rosters are up but I'm busy cleaning my dog's puke. Will get everything organized and ready to go tonight

AS OF RIGHT NOW THESE ARE THE DIVISIONS

Teams on the NL side will have NO DH---teams on the AL side will have DH. I looked back at the tally of teams who wanted/didn't want DH, and for those who answered, if you're an AL team, you went AL.

I am going to hop onto 2k for a little bit. Unless someone has any objections this will be final when I get back on!

10474597_10105994495320200_4332748418273027084_o.jpg

here are the following changes I still may make:

swapping FMT and Duane with Acheron and Bananafactory

I just looked back and saw Ache and Banana on the No DH train; Duane didn't answer and FMT has the Dodgers so I know you definitely have a DH there somewhere! or maybe I'll move v1lla or Rob instead of Duane

here are the following changes I still may make:

swapping FMT and Duane with Acheron and Bananafactory

I just looked back and saw Ache and Banana on the No DH train; Duane didn't answer and FMT has the Dodgers so I know you definitely have a DH there somewhere! or maybe I'll move v1lla or Rob instead of Duane

Haha I'll play DH if it makes things easier

I think I'm going to keep the divisions as they were---I looked over some rosters and the NL teams I wanted to move just don't really have a DH. So I don't think it'd be totally fair to them...sorry!

Roster is uploading. League commencing any moment now!

It's activating

The league schedule is and will always be updated in the OP. I think that's the easiest way to keep track of things.

We're doing manual flex advances with a leeway of 3 weeks---so when we finish with week 1, we will be allowed to play the games of week 5. If we finish week 2 games but not week 1, we can't go on yet. That's how it works. So try to prioritize your earlier weeks, if you can.

When you are finished with a series with your opponent, let us know and I will take it off the schedule in the OP. That way if you still have a game or two left you can see who you have to finish a series with.

v1lla21

Yo this shit is uuuup!! Who wants to play? I can play against FMT, Dmncn, rob, and TheKranz. Idk who that is though
Oh it's Ez. Kool beans.

Wow.

These rosters are fucked, at least for me.

I read they put DL guys in Single-A, which is fine, whatever, we can call them back.

What they didn't tell me is that they nuked Jose Fernandez who is 79 Overall with a stamina of 25. So he's basically a relief pitcher now.

WTF?

Wow.

These rosters are fucked, at least for me.

I read they put DL guys in Single-A, which is fine, whatever, we can call them back.

What they didn't tell me is that they nuked Jose Fernandez who is 79 Overall with a stamina of 25. So he's basically a relief pitcher now.

WTF?

What about Darvish lol

abrack08

You sure you downloaded the right roster? They accelerated the release because there was so many fakes

EDIT: WOW, these really are crazy. Darvish's stamina was knocked down to 34, Gallardo's is 22, Derek Holland's is 24. Meanwhile, young (not THAT good) pitcher Nick Martinez is an 89 (but with D potential!).

EDIT 2: I went and downloaded the #OSFM2015 rosters myself, the ones we're currently using are definitely not right. Darvish has 94 stamina, Gallardo 87, etc. in the real rosters

You sure you downloaded the right roster? They accelerated the release because there was so many fakes

EDIT: WOW, these really are crazy. Darvish's stamina was knocked down to 34, Gallardo's is 22, Derek Holland's is 24. Meanwhile, young (not THAT good) pitcher Nick Martinez is an 89 (but with D potential!).

EDIT 2: I went and downloaded the #OSFM2015 rosters myself, the ones we're currently using are definitely not right. Darvish has 94 stamina, Gallardo 87, etc. in the real rosters

Those are the rosters I got myself. Checked the approval rating and made sure, scanned through it.... I don't know where shit went wrong :/

abrack08

Same here

And I was aware that injured players and some guys would be in single A, they mentioned that. Didn't know it would leave them nerfed

They're not nerfed. The correct OS roster has Darvish as a 90 OVR with the correct stamina and other ratings, he's just currently in Class A. I dunno if you downloaded an earlier version or a fake or something, but the one we have right now isn't the actual OSFM roster.

They're not nerfed. The correct OS roster has Darvish as a 90 OVR with the correct stamina and other ratings, he's just currently in Class A. I dunno if you downloaded an earlier version or a fake or something, but the one we have right now isn't the actual OSFM roster.

I downloaded the exact version you posted

I have no idea what happened

I was contemplating squeezing in a game or two last night, but it sounds like the roster updates are a giant charlie foxtrot.

How messed up are the rosters that shipped with the game? Any reason we can't just go with those for now? I'm fine waiting or whatever...I haven't paid close enough attention to the official roster to see how close they are to reality.

I was on with Pete yesterday and he said he saw something on another forum (reddit or OS) where it seems like it works offline, but when he uploaded it online, all the pitchers staminas were nuked and all that

Going to look this up more and see if this is the case. I think Sony's rosters come out today so if there is some issue with bugs from a vault roster we can at least roll with that
Sorry for the delay but I did all I could do. Once I figure out what's happening I'll have it recreated quickly and we'll have things rolling again.

In fact I may just start a new league, upload rosters, fill in all human teams with CPU and then make sure the rosters are not stupid before I invite you all

ANNOUNCEMENT

Sony's official rosters came out today, and I uploaded it. Everything looks better. Injured players are still in triple A but at least they're functional now. Fairly certain all lineups should be up to date, I don't know every team's rosters, but at least it seems like most big transactions are in there.

All you have to do is accept the invite and pick your respective teams---the league has already started with all teams in their divisions like they should have been yesterday, what I did was put CPUs in place of everybody to get it started, and then I toggled CPU off and sent out invites.

Will revise the schedule in the OP

Ok so one thing I've discovered missing are the minor leaguers, there's a few prospects I don't think that made it (Kris Bryant)
I wish we could have it all but that would mean waiting more and more and I don't know how much of a fuck yall give about a shitty minor leaguer

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
yea i was headed in here to bitch about the rosters. hopefully these sony ones are better. i have no idea what OS is thinking with these stamina adjustments and seemingly arbitrary minor league assignments.

so leave the main league again and accept the new invite. gotcha. will do later.

new schedule is up

unless something catastrophic happens with these that i'm unaware of we'll stick with this one

games are ready to go. just sign in!

rinse82

BigJonsson how fitting we play first!

Tonight is the home opener so assuming its a no-go, we can play tomorrow night if you're free

TriniTrin, you up for a game or two later tonight? I'm thinking 9PM Mountain Time...does that work for you? I can probably go earlier tomorrow night, if not.

ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT

Thanks to Pete we figured out a way to get the OSFM rosters in without the stamina getting murdered. All we had to do was save the roster from the vault in to the hard drive, then load from the hard drive while in the league.

The invite should be gone but DO NOT JOIN NEOGAF V2.1

THE LEAGUE NOW TO JOIN IS TITLED NEOGAFFE. YOU HAVE ALL BEEN SENT INVITES. I AM TOO TIRED TO POST THE NEW SCHEDULE BUT YOU CAN GO LOOK WHEN YOU'RE IN!

Karish

I'm so hyped for this league. Never really played in a real online multiplayer league before but I think baseball lends itself very well to this and I fucking love MLB the Show this year. LESSSSSSSGOOOOOO

Top Bottom