• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
GGs man! Here is video of that play lol
https://youtu.be/Xv-k44oyy78

uGZt10z.png

DietRob

Haha, imagine what I felt like watching him round the bases when the ball was "foul" on my screen. I tried to record it to share but I haven't figured that out yet on the PS4.

Oh, I don't have to imagine. This has been a bug/feature in MLB for a few seasons now. I remember a couple of games with Crimson and maybe one or two with ez and phee doing this same shit.

Is this delivery in the game?

CapitalGrandInexpectatumpleco.gif

Haha.. This is so dumb. Let him try that on the reds with Billy at first. He'd be half way to third before the ball is released.

eznark

Banned
Oh, I don't have to imagine. This has been a bug/feature in MLB for a few seasons now. I remember a couple of games with Crimson and maybe one or two with ez and phee doing this same shit.

Haha.. This is so dumb. Let him try that on the reds with Billy at first. He'd be half way to third before the ball is released.

Yes, because relievers are always super concerned about holding the runner. That's why it is dumb....

I mean, if I see the other guy's pitcher and catcher just standing around in that situation, I would have to assume something glitched and stop advancing. Would the game automatically reset the action back to the pitcher if they runner holds up?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I mean, if I see the other guy's pitcher and catcher just standing around in that situation, I would have to assume something glitched and stop advancing. Would the game automatically reset the action back to the pitcher if they runner holds up?
I kept seeing dudes moving and was thinking they were going to get the ball lol. My bad for advancing but in the end I won like 13-2 so it didn't make much difference.

I kept seeing dudes moving and was thinking they were going to get the ball lol. My bad for advancing but in the end I won like 13-2 so it didn't make much difference.

Nah, it had zero impact on the final outcome. You smoked me fair and square.

It just happened to be the first run you put up, and crushed my pipe dream of being able to hang with you on the scoreboard. :) I wish you had a mic so I could let you know it glitched, but we'll get it next time.

TURBO1112

Just curious as I have never been part of an online league before. WHat is considered cheesing. I have no idea. Just trying to make sure we have fun and Im not doing anything wrong.

Just curious as I have never been part of an online league before. WHat is considered cheesing. I have no idea. Just trying to make sure we have fun and Im not doing anything wrong.

I think most people are reasonable, as long as you play like a normal person or a normal game would play out then no one's going to take issue.

Don't have enough experience with The Show online but it sounds like there's exploits with bunting and stealing so if you are doing that nonstop the entire game that's gonna piss people off.

A couple bunts or steals per game shouldnt be a problem, I wouldn't think. But yeah just don't play like a moron

I think most people are reasonable, as long as you play like a normal person or a normal game would play out then no one's going to take issue.

Don't have enough experience with The Show online but it sounds like there's exploits with bunting and stealing so if you are doing that nonstop the entire game that's gonna piss people off.

A couple bunts or steals per game shouldnt be a problem, I wouldn't think. But yeah just don't play like a moron

I was going to post pretty much this. One thing I never want you to do is for you to stop yourself from doing something you want to because you're worried about pissing your opponent off. If you execute a suicide squeeze successfully or a double steal, of course your opponent is going to be pissed and annoyed, as they should be. And sometimes you'll have some bullshit happen for you in the game that gets you a free base or out, whatever, but that's not really your fault.

The only things I'd consider dickish are:
1) Bunting with 2 strikes
2) Excess small ball bullshit

I think there used to be a 'rule' in place that was like...."you must throw at least 70% strikes!" well I'm going to throw that bullshit out of here. if you keep throwing balls out of the zone but if your opponent decides to keep hacking away, that's on them, not you. likewise, if you keep swinging and missing, maybe you're just having a bad game but tough luck!

DietRob

Great my entire division hasn't signed in.

Angles you want to play one right now?

hey phee is there a list of everyone's available times? i remember us posting our timezones and preferred play times.

DietRob

Can you play now?

you are the only person i can play right now. rest of my schedule is empty. i can't do right now but might be able to later tonight.

here is my availability just let me know when works for you.

Tues - Friday - 7pm - 8pm ET, 11pm - midnight ET
Saturday - after 10pm ET
Sunday/Monday - generally anytime.

v1lla21

Piece of shit game. Fucked me over 3 times.
On one of them The guy hits it inside and the catcher runs for it but doesn't pick it up and keeps running. Right after that the ball boy ,or some other sleazy ass motherfucktard, comes to pick the ball up and the guy runs to second base. Wtf. The ball was still in play but I couldn't move any of my players.
Here's the video:
dafuq

Aight bro. Let me finish watching this game should be like 30 mins
Alright.cool.

v1lla21

LMAO! On my screen I lost control of all my players, and a bat boy came jogging over to pick up the foul ball and carried it back to his seat. What a way to give up the first (of many) runs. :p

:edit: I love that you slid into second and home, hahaha. This effing game, man.
Damn, that's what happened to me lol.

abrack08

Is there a trade committee? Do we know when we're advancing to week 2?

If anyone is interested, I updated my trade block in game. Willing to part with one of Roogned Odor and Jurickson Profar, if anyone is interested. Profar would cost more. Fielder, Choo, and some others also on the block.

EDIT: Drizzler, what are you looking for in return for Robbie Grossman?

Is there a trade committee? Do we know when we're advancing to week 2?

If anyone is interested, I updated my trade block in game. Willing to part with one of Roogned Odor and Jurickson Profar, if anyone is interested. Profar would cost more. Fielder, Choo, and some others also on the block.

EDIT: Drizzler, what are you looking for in return for Robbie Grossman?

A decent SP or a fast CF who can connect.

TURBO1112

you are the only person i can play right now. rest of my schedule is empty. i can't do right now but might be able to later tonight.

here is my availability just let me know when works for you.

Tues - Friday - 7pm - 8pm ET, 11pm - midnight ET
Saturday - after 10pm ET
Sunday/Monday - generally anytime.

Sounds good. I can play anytime in the next 30 minutes if you happen to get on.

Top Bottom