• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

Fantastic game against Karish last night. We had a 1-1 tie going into the bottom on the 13th inning, when he hit a wall scraper over the left field wall. That was the most intense game I've played yet!

Karish

Fantastic game against Karish last night. We had a 1-1 tie going into the bottom on the 13th inning, when he hit a wall scraper over the left field wall. That was the most intense game I've played yet!

Incredible game. We still have one more in the series, can play tonight :)

It seems like in this game the person with the shittier connection has way less issues than the person with the better connection.

TURBO1112

Had no issues. GG.

GG for sure. Like my baserunning mistakes every other inning. Its weird on my screen the ball would roll to the wall and then all of a sudden im getting tagged out somehow. Lets finish it up. Its becoming comical at least.

I recorded a bunch of clips, just not sure how to look at them and edit and stuff. PS4 noob. Im a xbox guy

eznark

Banned
Don't think anyone else has complained about games with me to this point. Bob and I were perfect, as far as I remember.

TURBO1112

Don't think anyone else has complained about games with me to this point. Bob and I were perfect, as far as I remember.

It could be me. I have a beast of a connection and I didnt realy have any issues with earlier matchups. Not worried about it. Just ranting a little. Still had fun

Don't ever spend your stubs again. I think they are limiting the Diamonds on the market now. If you do extra innings/CPU, you'll notice that the percentages to get Silvers are really high on Legend/HOF difficulty, but Diamond is now 0.2%. Before it was like...at least 2-3%

Thank god I got Trouts while they existed!

Don't ever spend your stubs again. I think they are limiting the Diamonds on the market now. If you do extra innings/CPU, you'll notice that the percentages to get Silvers are really high on Legend/HOF difficulty, but Diamond is now 0.2%. Before it was like...at least 2-3%

Thank god I got Trouts while they existed!

I think they really are. Golds too. Votto's sell now was 7,000 yesterday afternoon last night it was 8,500 and I put in the highest bid before getting off and now it's at 10,000 and I still haven't got him.

Homer bailey has also increased by like 3 thousand stubs. I might be done with DD soon.

And Votto continues to rise. At 11,000 now.

Good, I'm getting tired of playing all diamond teams, I can usually outpitch them but mistakes get punished bad

They're just doing this so all the prices will be higher and more people will buy stubs.

Which is the same reason they stopped rewarding stubs for community challenges. Too many people getting too many stubs for free.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I swear in DD they adjust the difficulty of the game based on the roster you have

WTF

So it's NOT pay to win?

edit: double damn... so that's why $50 bucks worth of packs didn't get me any diamonds... I should have read this thread but I did it drunk on Saturday night I think?

I'm not going to lie like Phee. I got a $50 PSN card from my Sony Card points and bought all packs and did not get one single Platinum or Diamond or whatever. NONE.. I'm pissed and I'm going to buy more FUCKIT..

I do almost have all the Reds tho. When I get that Johnny Bench I'm selling it strictly on the general principle that it isn't Pete Rose like it should be.

I think they really are. Golds too. Votto's sell now was 7,000 yesterday afternoon last night it was 8,500 and I put in the highest bid before getting off and now it's at 10,000 and I still haven't got him.

Homer bailey has also increased by like 3 thousand stubs. I might be done with DD soon.

And Votto continues to rise. At 11,000 now.

Whew... glad I bought Gold Votto when he was around 4k I think. I got homer around the same price all I need now it Cueto I don't need it to be gold or whatever any level will do but only gold is listed on the market and last I checked I think it was 17k?

So it's NOT pay to win?

I'm not going to lie like Phee. I got a $50 PSN card from my Sony Card points and bought all packs and did not get one single Platinum or Diamond or whatever. NONE.. I'm pissed and I'm going to buy more FUCKIT..

I do almost have all the Reds tho. When I get that Johnny Bench I'm selling it strictly on the general principle that it isn't Pete Rose like it should be.

Don't buy anymore packs!!! They've completely nerfed them and it's damn near impossible to get a diamond now.

And none of my luck came from pay to win! I think I even saved some videos although I refuse to share one because when I pulled off my second Trout I started giggling like I was 13 and I was dancing around the room, while Crimson and Zep were telling me to go fuck myself lol

DietRob

Don't buy anymore packs!!! They've completely nerfed them and it's damn near impossible to get a diamond now.

And none of my luck came from pay to win! I think I even saved some videos although I refuse to share one because when I pulled off my second Trout I started giggling like I was 13 and I was dancing around the room, while Crimson and Zep were telling me to go fuck myself lol

I know I edited my post and I'm glad I went back and read earlier in the thread. Well fuck this.. I need Cueto.. Just going to have to buy him off the market for a ridiculous jacked up price. I'm almost positive he's the only Reds player I'm missing.

Ah, no I was also missing Micheal Loenzen?
EgVevr6.gif

But just bought him for 178.

Well shit.. now I bought Cueto for 22k but I'm not allowed to sell Bench... game is trash!!

I know I edited my post and I'm glad I went back and read earlier in the thread. Well fuck this.. I need Cueto.. Just going to have to buy him off the market for a ridiculous jacked up price. I'm almost positive he's the only Reds player I'm missing.

Ah, no I was also missing Micheal Loenzen?
EgVevr6.gif

But just bought him for 178.

Well shit.. now I bought Cueto for 22k but I'm not allowed to sell Bench... game is trash!!

I got Cueto for free! But now I have to pay a ridiculous price for Bailey to finally get Bench. I should've got him when he was around 5,000.

abrack08

So my last game vs the pirates.

I had a perfect game through 6 2/3, my starter starts getting a little wild. Walks a guy, ok, whatever. Next inning, solo home run, fine. To the bottom of the 9th, up 2-1 with 2 outs, easy fly ball to LF. Which is just dropped. Then he runs to get it and botched the throw in to the cutoff man allowing a little-league-home-run. So, 2-2 into the top of the 12th, 2 outs and a guy on 2nd, batter hits a chopper to the pitcher, which he easily snags, then wildly throws way over the 1st baseman letting the runner on 2nd round the bases and score.

I hate this game.

NZNova

This might be completely the wrong thread for this, but I was recently given a copy of MLB The Show 15. I'm not from a baseball country so I don't really know that much about the game, and I have no idea how to play this particular version of it on my PS4 either. The instructions (if you can call them that) were pretty light on the whole game mechanics thing. What would be a good resource for me to look at in order to pick up the basics?

DietRob

This might be completely the wrong thread for this, but I was recently given a copy of MLB The Show 15. I'm not from a baseball country so I don't really know that much about the game, and I have no idea how to play this particular version of it on my PS4 either. The instructions (if you can call them that) were pretty light on the whole game mechanics thing. What would be a good resource for me to look at in order to pick up the basics?

Ken Burns made the best baseball documentary ever produced it's called simply "BaseBall" he made this film for PBS which most of the time is free but I imagine you live outside of the US so get creative and find a way to watch it. http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/baseball/about/

Also don't let us grisly old veterans with our posts of "game is trash' scare you off. We are talking specifically about online stuff and the plague that is 'pay to win' that has invaded our video game industry.

If your playing MLB the show for your intro to baseball and doing to as a single player experience you are in for a real treat.

eznark

Banned
Exactly. This is my first MLB The Show game, and I love it. Especially the RPG-lite "Road to the Show" mode. It's amazing.

Yeah, it's just gotten stale. They haven't made any significant changes to the mode in 6 years. Though, lord knows what they could do to it to make it interesting. I assume they'll eventually ruin it by trying to make it an NBA2K lifestyle simulator thing.

DietRob

Yeah, it's just gotten stale. They haven't made any significant changes to the mode in 6 years. Though, lord knows what they could do to it to make it interesting. I assume they'll eventually ruin it by trying to make it an NBA2K lifestyle simulator thing.

What do you think they could do to improve it? Minus the route of going full Nba 2k. I was thinking about this last night.

For me adding in more robust salary negotiations, trade negotiations, more options for talking to your manager other than I want to change my lineup position, my fielding position, or I want to be traded. Maybe separating the "practice challenges" outside of randomly popping in the play next game calendar. Let it be it's own option to practice whatever you want when you feel like it.

Just some of my thoughts, anyone else?

ANNOUNCEMENT

I'd like to start trying to get us on regular schedules. I think we've had good activity but we need to keep things moving as far as advances go.

We have 2 games left in the Pirates/Royals series and 3 games in the Cubs/Padres series for week 2. I know that Zep and Cali have been on individually and have played games but just haven't gotten in contact with each other somehow. And I'm not sure where Duane Cunningham has gone to. But I would like to see if we can finish this up by Sunday night.

So...

I would like for week 6 to unlock this Sunday, May 10.
Then it'd be nice if we can get close to this...

Unlock week 6 : May 10
Unlock week 7 : May 17
Unlock week 8 : May 24
Unlock week 9 : May 31
Unlock Week 10 : June 7
Start playoffs by June 14

Since we started the league on April 13 and we had about a week delay with people being in and out of town, I think it would be solid to have the 8-10 week season we were hoping for. Then I think we should be good for a season 2 unless everyone hates the game!
I think advancing a new series every week is fair. Just prioritize your earliest week and we should be good to go.

ANNOUNCEMENT

I'd like to start trying to get us on regular schedules. I think we've had good activity but we need to keep things moving as far as advances go.

We have 2 games left in the Pirates/Royals series and 3 games in the Cubs/Padres series for week 2. I know that Zep and Cali have been on individually and have played games but just haven't gotten in contact with each other somehow. And I'm not sure where Duane Cunningham has gone to. But I would like to see if we can finish this up by Sunday night.

So...

I would like for week 6 to unlock this Sunday, May 10.
Then it'd be nice if we can get close to this...

Unlock week 6 : May 10
Unlock week 7 : May 17
Unlock week 8 : May 24
Unlock week 9 : May 31
Unlock Week 10 : June 7
Start playoffs by June 14

Since we started the league on April 13 and we had about a week delay with people being in and out of town, I think it would be solid to have the 8-10 week season we were hoping for. Then I think we should be good for a season 2 unless everyone hates the game!
I think advancing a new series every week is fair. Just prioritize your earliest week and we should be good to go.

Sounds good. I just played my first game against Zep last night, so 2 more and then I'm done weeks 1-4

I'm here. I had a busy week, but I can get my week 2 games in tonight or this weekend if Bob can. Actually, Trin and I finished our week 4 games on Monday.

rinse82

Phee, yanks-red sox is done (week 2)

After I played a game vs Trin, it registered those 2 games with Pete after, weird.

Top Bottom