• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

Man this game loves giving me Matt Harvey. Just got my third one going through the menus! First time in a couple of weeks that I've gotten a card randomly going through the menus.

I put up games remaining for the next 2 weeks...I think we will have to advance a little later than Sunday for week 2, so I'm hoping we can try to take care of week 3 in quick fashion so we can stay on course!

Struck out the first 6 batters of the game and hit an inside the park homerun in the 2nd inning in DD........opponent conceded lol, they had a much better rating than me

Just got my ass kicked...........and pulled a..........ROBINSON CANO!!!

Too bad 2b is my created player's best position lol

rinse82

Struck out the first 6 batters of the game and hit an inside the park homerun in the 2nd inning in DD........opponent conceded lol, they had a much better rating than me

I've had zero luck on pulling cards, I think the best guy I've gotten is Jhonny Peralta, lulz

yooooooooooooooooooooo

what the fuck

it's been a long time since I got a diamond for walking through the menus :(

Mike Trout #3! Come to me! And I promise not to sell you this time!

sizzle got a gifted matt harvey and now jonsson gets a cano. where's my kershaw!!!

was he one of the final 8 cards you got after the game? or was he the 2nd/3rd one?

yooooooooooooooooooooo

what the fuck

it's been a long time since I got a diamond for walking through the menus :(

Mike Trout #3! Come to me! And I promise not to sell you this time!

sizzle got a gifted matt harvey and now jonsson gets a cano. where's my kershaw!!!

was he one of the final 8 cards you got after the game? or was he the 2nd/3rd one?

3rd

I got Reyes when I was working to finish the Jays collection lol, it was useful

You could probably sell Cano to fill another position of weakness

There's some legends that can be got because the players required to get them don't cost too much or there aren't many golds. ernie banks and cliff floyd! maybe you have some golds of another team

You could probably sell Cano to fill another position of weakness

There's some legends that can be got because the players required to get them don't cost too much or there aren't many golds. ernie banks and cliff floyd! maybe you have some golds of another team

I'm hanging on to him for now

I do kind of want Phil Nekro because I had to go against him the other day and he just isn't fair

I'm hanging on to him for now

I do kind of want Phil Nekro because I had to go against him the other day and he just isn't fair

"Cheap" legends to be had:
Brooks Robinson
Joe "Trash" Carter
Jack McDowell
Kenny Lofton
Harmon Killebrew
Rod Carew
Edgar Martinez
Phil Niekro
Cliff Floyd
E. Banks
Ozzie Smith
Steve Finley
Dante Bichette
Will Clark

Think all the guys I listed require 2 golds or less.

I'm going to advance week 2 on Wednesday night no matter what. We last advanced on April 26...we have had ample time to play our week 2 games.

For the rest of us, I want us to focus on knocking out week 3 by Sunday night so we get back to our weekly advances.

If Bob, Duane, or Cali need an extension the time to let me know is by tonight. Zep said he will be around tonight as well to knock out the doubleheader. Not sure about Bob and Duane...I know that Bob has PM'd Duane but I am not sure if they've actually set a time.

Which leads me back to this : Please just PM your next/earliest opponent! If you guys want to do the "Hey, I'm available to play any of my opponents are around" that's fine...but please, just always try to knock out the earliest week ASAP. I put everyone's GAF username by their team in the OP and wrote out every team's schedule and available games for a reason. I think most of us have actually been really good about it and this is probably just a rare case, but for the future, just keep this in mind so we can get things moving faster.

lol, as I was typing out my essay we had 2 people express what I wanted to!

I haven't played a league game in what feels like 2 weeks

May 5th was your last game and the one before that was on the 29th. Drizzler on the other hand played on the 5th...and before that, the 23rd.
Hang in there guys! This ship will be moving

I went ahead and put up week 6.

We should be able to advance to week 3 fairly soon, but the Royals and Cubs have a lot of games ahead of them. 6 games to be done by next Sunday.

And I'll add this note too...

If you have honestly tried to reach your opponent multiple times through different platforms (PSN message/app, GAF PM, Steam, etc.) and they haven't gotten back to you, send me a private message and explain. Please always give your guy 24-36 hours to reply before coming to me because you know and I know we all have other shit to do. Then I can better figure out what to do if we need to resolve games in someone's favor. And as previously stated, priority should be with your earliest week.

And if you tell your opponent "Hey I will be around at this time"---please be there or maybe explain before/after why it didn't work out and set a new time.

I don't think what I'm saying is something that's really occurred here too much yet, just speaking from experience in seeing how other leagues functioned.

Another issue that was brought to me----are we in favor of turning balks on?
I had it off because I feel like the game really fucks you on those sometimes, and as video game players having your pitcher get himself totally set isn't something we always think about. I would hate to have someone give up free bases because your pitcher's animations suddenly change. But I can see the reasoning for having it on. So let me know!

We should be able to advance to week 3 fairly soon, but the Royals and Cubs have a lot of games ahead of them. 6 games to be done by next Sunday.

Should have given me the Royals! KC deserves better. :p

I think you were right in your original guess that we'd probably get 12 or so active players as the season progresses. I'm hoping we can keep the momentum going with the larger group, but it doesn't bode well if people are struggling to work in games this early on. I still have two games to complete, so I'm not free of blame, but the pace is quite a bit slower than I anticipated.

No balks, that is a bad idea

I'm struggling to even figure out how a video game would handle a balk. Does it just randomly call them when you attempt a pick off? The game doesn't allow you to start a pitch and then cancel out of it, does it?

Should have given me the Royals! KC deserves better. :p

I think you were right in your original guess that we'd probably get 12 or so active players as the season progresses. I'm hoping we can keep the momentum going with the larger group, but it doesn't bode well if people are struggling to work in games this early on. I still have two games to complete, so I'm not free of blame, but the pace is quite a bit slower than I anticipated.

We've all got around 10-12 games played, par for the course. There's 3 guys who have half that amount...Cubs, Royals, and Padres. Not par for the course. Get it done!

It should pick up since we're starting enforcing deadlines, but league participation has actually been really good especially with all the 'newcomers' we've had. It's just a bummer for those who got many games done quickly and then have had to sit around. Should we do another season with this amount of people, I think I will also be able to align divisions and all that better now that I've had a chance to observe what makes sense and doesn't.

And if you have two games to complete, that's actually really good. Better than those who have 6-10!

LegoDad

I'm going to advance week 2 on Wednesday night no matter what. We last advanced on April 26...we have had ample time to play our week 2 games.

For the rest of us, I want us to focus on knocking out week 3 by Sunday night so we get back to our weekly advances.

If Bob, Duane, or Cali need an extension the time to let me know is by tonight. Zep said he will be around tonight as well to knock out the doubleheader. Not sure about Bob and Duane...I know that Bob has PM'd Duane but I am not sure if they've actually set a time.

Which leads me back to this : Please just PM your next/earliest opponent! If you guys want to do the "Hey, I'm available to play any of my opponents are around" that's fine...but please, just always try to knock out the earliest week ASAP. I put everyone's GAF username by their team in the OP and wrote out every team's schedule and available games for a reason. I think most of us have actually been really good about it and this is probably just a rare case, but for the future, just keep this in mind so we can get things moving faster.

lol, as I was typing out my essay we had 2 people express what I wanted to!

May 5th was your last game and the one before that was on the 29th. Drizzler on the other hand played on the 5th...and before that, the 23rd.
Hang in there guys! This ship will be moving

The ZEP switch killed me as I had it setup with bacon and ZEP and I just can't get on at same time. Going to try to knock both games out tonight.

The ZEP switch killed me as I had it setup with bacon and ZEP and I just can't get on at same time. Going to try to knock both games out tonight.

Yeah, understandable. This goes back to what I mentioned earlier about better aligning divisions for next season---seems like it's hard for some of us to be on at the same time.

And I'm probably going to mix it up a little more, hopefully they let me change divisions in season 2 just as easily with no hassle. Like for example I put myself in a division with Drizz and Crimson and Bushwick because we are always on together...except that I always play with those guys anyways, so I haven't gotten to play others! I have yet to lay the woodsmack on FMT!

TURBO1112

Just curious, do any of you guys party chat when play each other? I get why some dont. Sometimes my girl is over and I cant. Was just wondering, Would be cool to bitch about the glitchyness with someone. haha

Just curious, do any of you guys party chat when play each other? I get why some dont. Sometimes my girl is over and I cant. Was just wondering, Would be cool to bitch about the glitchyness with someone. haha
Lmao

We do this literally every single night

Sometimes there are multiple games happening and it sounds like a gay orgy in there

I need to get in on this. My games have all been crazy quiet.
If you join our chat party this is guaranteed to happen each night :

1) "game is trash" uttered at least 100 times
2) the loudest bong hits ever by Drizzler
3) me and/or Crimson telling our dogs to STFU
4) hearing the 3...2...1... Challenge failed Countdown maybe 20 times
5) at least one ear splitting spontaneous yell by me

How many people can we fit in a party chat?
I think 8? It's usually got some combo of me, crimson, Drizzler, zep, Pete, bushwick. We've had guest appearances from Rob and villa!

Mrbob

My schedule been kind of hectic lately. I can play on Tuesday or Thursday night after 9 central. Or Saturday during the day.

If you join our chat party this is guaranteed to happen each night :

1) "game is trash" uttered at least 100 times
2) the loudest bong hits ever by Drizzler
3) me and/or Crimson telling our dogs to STFU
4) hearing the 3...2...1... Challenge failed Countdown maybe 20 times
5) at least one ear splitting spontaneous yell by me

I think 8? It's usually got some combo of me, crimson, Drizzler, zep, Pete, bushwick. We've had guest appearances from Rob and villa!

been in there once or twice, always a good time lol

My schedule been kind of hectic lately. I can play on Tuesday or Thursday night after 9 central. Or Saturday during the day.

So you might need an extension to Thursday?

Do you guys care if I pop in occasionally?
Not at all!

Although there is a chance you might pop in to dead silence /Drizzler's loud TV but usually we will be back

been in there once or twice, always a good time lol
Yes you were!

Top Bottom