• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

So it's not just my games? I average 3-4 failures before every game. I'm on a rock solid wired connection and it drives me crazy.

You and me had a lot of problems, but I just played 3 games with Zep and didn't have a single failed challenge.

It might be a weird NAT compatibility problem, I have one friend who I frequently have issues joining party chat and GTA sessions with, it just says our NAT types are not compatible. Works fine 100% of the time with everyone else, it's just him.

You and me had a lot of problems, but I just played 3 games with Zep and didn't have a single failed challenge.

It might be a weird NAT compatibility problem, I have one friend who I frequently have issues joining party chat and GTA sessions with, it just says our NAT types are not compatible. Works fine 100% of the time with everyone else, it's just him.

Could be. I normally listen to Spotify while I'm on my PS4, but I've been leaving that off since I thought it might affect the connection. It hasn't helped.

abrack08

I haven't had any failed challenges with Cali, Lan Dong, Bacon, or Zep. I've only had to restart a game twice, and one of those my console froze so it wasn't a net issue.

I had my first noticeable thing where something different happened on my screen than what the game counted in my last game vs Zep, I had Prince Fielder up and he hit into a double play, on my screen he barely beat out the throw and the announcers said he beat it out, then next batter comes up and there's 2 outs and no one on. Didn't complain though, I still scored a run on the play.

I must say my online experience has overall been fantastic this year, didn't really play it in previous versions so I can't say how much it has improved. But I'm pleased

Me either cause I'm definitely going to grt Kershaw now!

I put him on my bench. Can't have him starting over Tulowitzki.

I'm thinking about not going after the Royals collection and George Brett. Shit's going to take too much time. After I get Holland they still got a bunch of 5000ish golds. I could get the Rays or the Brewers collections right now!

I'm thinking about not going after the Royals collection and George Brett. Shit's going to take too much time. After I get Holland they still got a bunch of 5000ish golds. I could get the Rays or the Brewers collections right now!

I'm trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with my pitching rotation. Right now I have:

Darvish 90 OVR
Cueto 92 OVR
Niekro 92 OVR
Harvey 94 OVR
Archer 87 OVR

I wish I could get Kershaw without selling Harvey cause I want to keep him now that he's a diamond lol. Really don't want to get rid of Darvish but I could possible have this as my rotation eventually if I do:

Kerhsaw 99
Seaver 97
Harvey 94
Niekro 92
Cueto 92

Lol fuck Matt Harvey he is straight trash

My rotation now is
Nolan Ryan 98
Jose Fernandez 92
Phil niekro 92
Yu Darvish 90
Johnny Cueto 92

Ryan and Fernandez will be there forever. Can live with niekro but the other 2 I definitely want are Kershaw and felix. If I get gifted Harvey or Wright before that I will maybe get seaver instead

I got 10000 stubs and I'm so tempted to get packs lol

Lol fuck Matt Harvey he is straight trash

My rotation now is
Nolan Ryan 98
Jose Fernandez 92
Phil niekro 92
Yu Darvish 90
Johnny Cueto 92

Ryan and Fernandez will be there forever. Can live with niekro but the other 2 I definitely want are Kershaw and felix. If I get gifted Harvey or Wright before that I will maybe get seaver instead

I got 10000 stubs and I'm so tempted to get packs lol

You just hating cause of all those golds in your rotation and Harvey is shining now. He was 10-3 with a 2.30 ERA for me before the boost and he just beat your ass last night! If he rises above 30,000 stubs I'm selling his ass so quick. I should have kept those other 2 I could really be making some stubs! Correction: he beat your ass the last two nights!

I only have 3,000 and I'm trying to save up for Kershaw lol.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Gg Rob, Zack Wheeler came thru with the clutch hit!

Yea you really blew it open there in the 5th. Up to that point it was one of the fastest games I've been in. I have no idea why but Robert Stephenson was called up and my fresh pitcher so I used him. He was only slightly better than using a position player yet it's not until I got someone warm in the pen and took him out to started scoring lol.

I am next level awful at the plate this year. I haven't officially looked but if I did I bet I'm bottom 3 or even dead last in the league in BA. No idea how to get out of this terrible slump at the plate.

Edit: Oh and all that trouble with Amazon chat support and a $10 credit later I still didn't redeem the skinit code :jnc

I randomly got diamond gloves that are apparently worth as much as a Felix Hernandez in the buy now market. I'll take it!

Motherfucking nobody bought my gloves yet :(

Kershaw is mine at the end of the day, book it
Apparently Kershaw has been hot trash this year. Might be safer to get the old guy whose rating can't go down!

oh jesus christ matt harvey's value has shot the fuck up to the 20s

God damn this glove's value has gone down in 12 hours lol

This shit better sell for 22 by the time I get back this afternoon...

yo WTF!!!

I believe the Padres and Cubs are playing tonight. If they do us a reaaaaal solid and do a triple header, but if not it is advancing on Thursday regardless. This is what we have to look forward to...:

Week 2 :
Padres @ Cubs (3)

Week 3 :
Reds @ Mets (2)
Cubs @ Angels (3)
Brewers @ Padres (3)
Pirates @ Rangers (1)
Giants @ Dodgers (2)
Mariners @ Tigers (1)
Athletics @ Royals (3)

Week 3 advance will still be Sunday night. So we will have week 6 open on Thursday night, and week 7 will open Sunday night. Then we'll have just weeks 8-10 to play before our second ever playoffs!

I thought DD player ratings didn't change?

Can't believe the number of cheesers I've played lately, seems the higher your rank gets, the more idiots you play

I thought DD player ratings didn't change?

Can't believe the number of cheesers I've played lately, seems the higher your rank gets, the more idiots you play
Nope they do!

Yeah usually I look at a lineup and know right away what I'm dealing with. I think I've gotten good at preventing things from happening but if dee Gordon gets on base, GG

So I'm gonna have some options soon. Still can't get the fucking glove. Might have to settle for 18k :(
I can finish the Rays and Brewers
Or get just the royals and finish my bullpen and get George Brett
Or get Matt "trash" Harvey and get close to finishing he Mets and getting Seaver
Or start saving for Kershaw

lol god damn it, over the course of a day sometimes you can feel this struggle between the buy now and sell now market

the lowest buy now last night was 38000. the highest sell now was like, 15000. now the lowest buy now you 18,500 and the highest sell now is 16,875

you fucking win sell now motherfuckers :(

tried to put my bid right under the last bitch, and now the highest sell now is 15,333 :(

FUCK THIS GAME!!!

TURBO1112

I believe the Padres and Cubs are playing tonight. If they do us a reaaaaal solid and do a triple header, but if not it is advancing on Thursday regardless. This is what we have to look forward to...:

Week 2 :
Padres @ Cubs (3)

Week 3 :
Reds @ Mets (2)
Cubs @ Angels (3)
Brewers @ Padres (3)
Pirates @ Rangers (1)
Giants @ Dodgers (2)
Mariners @ Tigers (1)
Athletics @ Royals (3)

Week 3 advance will still be Sunday night. So we will have week 6 open on Thursday night, and week 7 will open Sunday night. Then we'll have just weeks 8-10 to play before our second ever playoffs!

That will only leave a few days for Cubs and I to play our series. Hopefully hes up for it.

abrack08

forgot about my skinit

it shipped out on April 14 and I still haven't got it. Anyone else get theirs yet?

I forgot all about this too, I bought my 10th anniversary edition from Best Buy and didn't even get the code for the skinit. Nothing packed in, nothing on the receipt. Been too long now, doesn't really seem worth the hassle of trying to track it down.

Finally got my Skinit to apply to the controller

feels good!

T8lasTL.jpg

fucking piece of shit

We've advanced the series!

Everybody give our friends Bob and Duane a big thumbs up
the ass
for doing a triple header for us!

Fucking ridiculous. How do I still have Nothing but Tulowitzki!

And great! I got Bob next on the schedule! Looks like I'm not getting to play again until the next vance.

There's an update. Who knows what it is!

I noticed they fixed the Card Collection menu so that it doesn't bring you all the way back to Baltimore's Collection every time you hit 'back'. Now it takes you right back to the last team you were viewing.

final-fucking-ly

(All of these changes are for the PS3 and PS4)

1.Offline/Online - Fixed the issue causing runners to be left on base after a home run. This would happen any time a user runner went half way and was stopped when the ball went over the fence and was a called a HR
2.Offline/Online - CPU or User would attempt to advance after a high infield fly ball was caught. Defender would use a casual throw to the next base, but it would be too slow and the runner would often be safe
3.Intentional walk exploit fixed – Calling for an intentional walk after the baserunner leads off causes the baserunner to take additional steps and getting thrown out easily.
4.Online - New Action shots for 50 players, to be seen on Player cards in Collections and Diamond Dynasty mode.
5.Online - Collections screen now save and load the last page you were on, making buying and selling cards more streamlined.
6.Online - Tuning to Online Gameplay - These fixes are all intended to stabilize online gameplay and eliminate consumer reported blue screen crashes and hangs that lead to standoffs.
7.Offline/Online - Foul/Fair ball detection in CHI White Sox - 3rd base line
8.Online - HBP/avoid and pitcher ejection issue - One user would get a HBP reaction and ejected, the other user would not resulting in a freeze.
9.Online – When defensive shifts would occur in an online game, the OSD’s were inaccurate. Fix for Defensive Positioning drop down to reflect the current defense.
10.Online/Offline - Reduce the success rate of bunts
11.Offline - Fixed retail crash while simulating through Franchise mode. Occurrences described below:
a.Crashes when simulation far in the future
b.Crash when autosaving following very specific injury sequences
c.Crash when simming through certain pinch hit appearances
d.Crash when entering the amateur draft
12.Offline - Fixed a low frequency retail crash in RTTS player editor.
13.Offline - Fenway red seat added in the right field bleachers.
14.Online - Restricting batting views for online games per Design - if user has batting view that is restricted, force batting view to catcher - don't give user restricted views for batting view
15.Online - issues with take it yourself plays at first base online have been resolved.
16.Online – Numerous online gameplay stability checks to eliminate consumer reported blue screen crashes.
17.Online - Resolving guess pitch on defensive machine and forcing offense machine to use data from defense machine
18.Offline – Changed the art of the Injured icon (Franchise/Season)
19.Online -Adding additional entitlements to the show shop, to allow for future promotional packs
20.Online/Offline – AI check that was not allowing for early moving catches
21.Offline - Fix for crowd catching flyball vs. fielder catching robbable balls - don't allow ball to attach to crowd if already attached to a player
22.Online Franchise/Diamond Dynasty – Play by Play audio code has been modified to exclude filling in career stats for Arena mode (DD) and League Mode. They get filled in for MLB season mode only. Online modes career data was incorrect.
23.Online - Adding one more minute to the online Pause menu countdown

Top Bottom