• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

I've been trying to get games in but people haven't been responsive. Tigers owner here. Am I in trouble?

This is the part where you just PM me and let me know the details

Or you can openly shame them here

but again as I tell everyone. PM is the way to go. But nobody listens :(

I've been trying to get games in but people haven't been responsive. Tigers owner here. Am I in trouble?

What? Not sure if you're referring to me. You post on here, I reply, and then you disappear until 24 hours later. I've messaged you on PSN. I sent you a PM on the fourth and you never replied.

If this is public shaming at me, it's a backfire. If it's directed elsewhere, I apologize.

For the record, I'm available to finish our series RIGHT NOW. :)

It's not directed at anyone specifically! Just wanted to make sure no one was mad at me :/

Haha, all good dude. We've had two great match ups and we'll have a third tonight. It's all love.
Now if only I had known this patch was 800 megs I would have started downloading it when I got home an hour ago. Play you in 10 minutes!

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Finally got my Skinit to apply to the controller

feels good!

T8lasTL.jpg

fucking piece of shit
Bahahahahah. This right here. Gold jerry!

Got a DD comeback with a Stanton grand slam, got 1 bronze and commons after the game. Went to the card collections to sell them and they gave me a free Jon Lester. Thanks for 21,000 stubs!

Got a DD comeback with a Stanton grand slam, got 1 bronze and commons after the game. Went to the card collections to sell them and they gave me a free Jon Lester. Thanks for 21,000 stubs!

And I thought I hit the jackpot with a random menu Lance Lynn today

I should check who I need to play, no one has PMed me in a while

The pitch apparently fixed my issue with failing to connect on league games. Karish and I jumped in immediately last night.

It didn't fix my hitting and fielding, though. :(

Uhhh, my batter was announced but didn't come to the plate

I can't move the PCI but I can hit R2 to see what pitches the pitcher can throw

Otherwise it's frozen

Lets see how long before it times out

Who is this joc pederson guy

Got him by walking around in the menus but apparently he's a hotshot rookie. Hanging on to my spare, which is worth 1000 now...and hopefully 10000 in a few weeks!

Game is trash. Shit like that happens to me all the time. I think they made stealing even worse with that first patch which mentioned something about adjusting tag rate. After that I haven't been able to throw anybody out at third even when the 3B has the ball waiting for the runner before he even starts sliding. I was able to throw people out at third every now and then before that patch but not once since. And they haven't even mentioned anything about stealing or just base running in general being broken.

Game is trash. Shit like that happens to me all the time. I think they made stealing even worse with that first patch which mentioned something about adjusting tag rate. After that I haven't been able to throw anybody out at third even when the 3B has the ball waiting for the runner before he even starts sliding. I was able to throw people out at third every now and then before that patch but not once since. And they haven't even mentioned anything about stealing or just base running in general being broken.

It is. I actually cringe a bit when people steal against me in league games, because it's bullshit but it's the right call from a strategy standpoint. They aren't doing anything inherently wrong unless they start abusing it, but you are on the losing end more often than not as the pitching side. I might try one steal attempt per game, maybe two, in a situation where I'm down a run and need to score (for the record, I'm almost always down a run). I wish base running was balanced to be a pure risk/reward thing, so if someone wants to try abusing it I have just as much of a chance to nail out the runner.

Let's just say I played one league game where a guy tried bunting three hitters in a row. That's cheese. I seriously considered purposefully disconnecting and resetting the game outcome, because that's bullshit. They weren't getting any hits off my pitcher and they resorted to cheese. I was lucky enough to get out of the inning unscathed, but there's no reason someone should be laying out three straight bunts.

Every sports game I've ever played has vastly overpowered plays, and it's up to the game community to police itself on them. I should never be calling for a pitchout in a league game and getting smoked by a full second on the throw to second. :(

I'm totally cool with stealing as long as it's someone who should be stealing bases. But I understand it's really fucking frustrating when you pitch out and can't get a guy out at third. Especially when the throw got there first and he should have been tagged.

I don't oppose small ball here and there in situations but doing the whole bunting/stealing shit exploiting is fucking dumb.

By the way, if ANYBODY is laying out three straight bunts, I am resolving your shit to an L. If it's the pitcher that's cool. If it's a super fast guy, that's cool too. Defenses should be prepared and set up bunt defenses. However, you're probably still an asshole. But I can't imagine any scenario where people should be laying it down thrice in an inning. Please just try to hit the ball.

It is. I actually cringe a bit when people steal against me in league games, because it's bullshit but it's the right call from a strategy standpoint. They aren't doing anything inherently wrong unless they start abusing it, but you are on the losing end more often than not as the pitching side. I might try one steal attempt per game, maybe two, in a situation where I'm down a run and need to score (for the record, I'm almost always down a run). I wish base running was balanced to be a pure risk/reward thing, so if someone wants to try abusing it I have just as much of a chance to nail out the runner.

Let's just say I played one league game where a guy tried bunting three hitters in a row. That's cheese. I seriously considered purposefully disconnecting and resetting the game outcome, because that's bullshit. They weren't getting any hits off my pitcher and they resorted to cheese. I was lucky enough to get out of the inning unscathed, but there's no reason someone should be laying out three straight bunts.

Every sports game I've ever played has vastly overpowered plays, and it's up to the game community to police itself on them. I should never be calling for a pitchout in a league game and getting smoked by a full second on the throw to second. :(

I only steal every now and then in the league and only when I have Young on first. I never try to steal third. He has 99 speed so I could steal and bunt with him all day but I don't like playing like that.

In DD I always know when they're gonna steal third and I try to pitchout all the time and it never works when it should be the opposite especially at third.

Bunting three times in a row is bull shit that's the type of shit you see when you play DD cheesers.

I checked the leagues steals the other day and the stats weren't that bad. A few teams averaged around 1 steal a game but the percentage for the entire league is way too high.

Mrbob

I'm totally cool with stealing as long as it's someone who should be stealing bases. But I understand it's really fucking frustrating when you pitch out and can't get a guy out at third. Especially when the throw got there first and he should have been tagged.

I don't oppose small ball here and there in situations but doing the whole bunting/stealing shit exploiting is fucking dumb.

By the way, if ANYBODY is laying out three straight bunts, I am resolving your shit to an L. If it's the pitcher that's cool. If it's a super fast guy, that's cool too. Defenses should be prepared and set up bunt defenses. However, you're probably still an asshole. But I can't imagine any scenario where people should be laying it down thrice in an inning. Please just try to hit the ball.

How about when you are bunting with your cleanup hitter with runners at 1st and 2nd with one out. Probably should be abolished as well.

I really can't think of a good situation where the number 4 spot should ever bunt.

Everything is situational. If you think you've been wronged, record that shit for us all to see. I think that's important too cause sometimes what one person sees isn't what the other person did or saw.

With that being said, I really hope nobody is bunting with their clean up hitter with 2 men on. I also can't imagine anyone ever doing that shit.

You know what kind of player I also wish I could reach through my screen and strangle? The guys who do the bunt-reset-bunt-reset shit before you throw to them. They know they're being dicks, and they're trying to throw you off.

You know what kind of player I also wish I could reach through my screen and strangle? The guys who do the bunt-reset-bunt-reset shit before you throw to them. They know they're being dicks, and they're trying to throw you off.

I remember when I played Little League there was a kid that would do that shit in real life. Fucking hated that kid.

My problem is that when they do that I always try to hit them in the face. And all that does is make more balls and put them on base :(

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I like bunting and if any of you were to ever watch a real Reds game they are all about small ball this year. Learn to play defense.
If I have Billy on second or third with 1 out and my cleanup hitter is up I will probably bunt and go for a squeeze.

Mets are you around for a quick game?

I like bunting and if any of you were to ever watch a real Reds game they are all about small ball this year. Learn to play defense.
If I have Billy on second or third with 1 out and my cleanup hitter is up I will probably bunt and go for a squeeze.

And there you should realize where everyone's issue with the game is. If I'm pitching to you in real life, I would love for you to take the bat out your clean up hitter's hands attempting a squeeze. You might even run into an out at home on a whiffed bunt attempt because, truth be told, how many clean up hitters do you know can realistically lay down a bunt? In the show though, this is something I've seen work too many times already. I wish they would at least make it where you had to aim the barrel of the bat on a bunt

And there you should realize where everyone's issue with the game is. If I'm pitching to you in real life, I would love for you to take the bat out your clean up hitter's hands attempting a squeeze. You might even run into an out at home on a whiffed bunt attempt because, truth be told, how many clean up hitters do you know can realistically lay down a bunt? In the show though, this is something I've seen work too many times already. I wish they would at least make it where you had to aim the barrel of the bat on a bunt

i play my buddy from work every now and again and he has fucking bunted with Puig and gonzalez with guys on 3rd to score a run. game is trash

DietRob

I have a .180 batting average. Lowest in the league. Please don't take my bunts away from me. They obviously aren't working anyway.

I'm not serious about bunting 3 or 4 times in a row. I agree that is stupid.

You would try a squeeze at home with your clean up hitter?

I wish it were as simple as "learn to play defense." It's not. Even if I shift into a bunt prevent defense, you're probably going to score that run.

So I looked up Mark Appel. From Houston, drafted by Houston. First overall pick in 2014. College Pitcher of the Year in 2013. I'm a fan!

Bob play your games so we can start our series! Been looking forward to Wrigley.

DietRob

I hope to finish mine with DMNC tonight.

I won't have time tomorrow so if we can't link up tonight then tomorrow go ahead and sim them phee

Rob just watch the videos I posted

understand the pain

what videos? nvm i found them. I can't believe that pitch out didn't produce an out at 3rd base. That dude only has 96 speed and Billy has 99 so I should be able to get in standing.

You would try a squeeze at home with your clean up hitter?

I wish it were as simple as "learn to play defense." It's not. Even if I shift into a bunt prevent defense, you're probably going to score that run.

With Hamilton on 3rd I would absolutely try to squeeze him home with Frazier or Votto at the plate. I'm sorry if that ruffles feathers but I can't say I won't do it.

I beat a few all-gold/legend teams today

One of them conceded in the 2nd after I put up a 4 spot in the first off Madison Bumgarner lol

Anyone need to play the Jays? I'm around

I hope to finish mine with DMNC tonight.

I won't have time tomorrow so if we can't link up tonight then tomorrow go ahead and sim them phee

what videos? nvm i found them. I can't believe that pitch out didn't produce an out at 3rd base. That dude only has 96 speed and Billy has 99 so I should be able to get in standing.

With Hamilton on 3rd I would absolutely try to squeeze him home with Frazier or Votto at the plate. I'm sorry if that ruffles feathers but I can't say I won't do it.

Yea what time is good bro?

Top Bottom