• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

With Hamilton on 3rd I would absolutely try to squeeze him home with Frazier or Votto at the plate. I'm sorry if that ruffles feathers but I can't say I won't do it.

And you don't see how that's total cheese that would never happen in a real game? How many squeeze plays at home happen in an average season? How many happen with the clean up batter at home with one out? I'll give you a hint on the second question: none. Not a single time. Do you go for it on every fourth down in Madden?

If you pulled that against me I'd record it, post it on here, and exit out of our game. I'll leave it up to the community jury to decide the fate, but you can bet I'd be resetting that game outcome. I don't deal with cheese, which is why I stopped playing DD after the first two weeks of release. I'd like to believe this league is above abusing overpowered bunting and steal plays.

Tragic can you play tonight?

Absolutely! What time zone are you in? I should be available around 8:30PM or 9:00PM mountain time tonight. Does that work? I'm 3-10...come claim your nearly guaranteed win! :p

rinse82

And you don't see how that's total cheese that would never happen in a real game? How many squeeze plays at home happen in an average season? How many happen with the clean up batter at home with one out? I'll give you a hint on the second question: none. Not a single time. Do you go for it on every fourth down in Madden?

If you pulled that against me I'd record it, post it on here, and exit out of our game. I'll leave it up to the community jury to decide the fate, but you can bet I'd be resetting that game outcome. I don't deal with cheese, which is why I stopped playing DD after the first two weeks of release. I'd like to believe this league is above abusing overpowered bunting and steal plays.

Absolutely! What time zone are you in? I should be available around 8:30PM or 9:00PM mountain time tonight. Does that work? I'm 3-10...come claim your nearly guaranteed win! :p

I'm eastern, what's the time difference? Should work either way.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
you around Rob?

Hey sorry man some unexpected shit went down at my dad's and he needed me over there. His downstairs bathroom plumbing exploded so it was super fun times helping him get that cleaned up. I'm back home now and will try to jump on here in a little bit after I get done cleaning up.

DietRob

Nope, you are WRONG..

Reds Squeeze to win:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5SAptoy4rc

It happens breh.

I think you are blowing this up and taking it WAY WAY out of proportion. I've bunted probably a total of 7 times in the 10+ games I've played. Or maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion because I don't like people telling me how I should play the fucking game.

I'm going to steal bases with Billy, Todd, and Brandon. I'm going to bunt if it's advantageous for me. I'm basically going to play my league games however in the fuck I want to. If you don't like that then concede your games against me. Or just go ahead and deal with it. I've been a solid reliable league player for a few years now on GAF, madden included (and no I don't go for it on 4th down).

Feel free to play your league games how you want to but if I catch footage of douchebaggery, nobody is immune, even my good friend Rob

And yes, douchebaggery involves bunting three straight times. Doing a squeeze is one thing. But when it's basically what you keep reverting to...

also, bunting with some shitty player named wilson valdez is completely different than bunting with joey votto

like I've said it's situational. understand sometimes things happen that piss us off but we can't blame the other person. but we're all smart enough to sniff bullshit

I'm going to steal bases with Billy, Todd, and Brandon. I'm going to bunt if it's advantageous for me. I'm basically going to play my league games however in the fuck I want to. If you don't like that then concede your games against me. Or just go ahead and deal with it. I've been a solid reliable league player for a few years now on GAF, madden included (and no I don't go for it on 4th down).

The attitude does nothing for your argument. If you cheese in a game with me, I'm posting videos and invalidating the win. Not conceding a win, bro. I'll leave it in the hands of the commish how he wants to restore it, but I'm not laying over for garbage. I'm bad enough as is that cheesing to beat me would be pretty pathetic.

I expect others to do the same if I'm doing garbage like squeezing home with my clean up batter at the plate. Stealing and bunting is vastly overpowered in this game. Abusing it is lame. If you aren't abusing it, cool. If you are, not cool. Simple as that.

:edit: Rinse, gonna take a rain check until tomorrow since my friend list isn't populating.

DietRob

The attitude does nothing for your argument.

Here's the thing. I'm not arguing.

And honestly I'm done caring how you individually feel about my potential to steal and bunt.
CalsFXl.gif

You are going to beat me anyway. So please do record it and share for everyone to laugh at me :jnc I'm absolutely pathetic at the plate for whatever reason in this years game.

Just a reminder that I'm advancing past week 3 tomorrow night.

And yes, it is advancing no matter what. Yall have known since last week, and 5 actual weeks will have passed since we started the year.

I can't believe I lost Keirnaier for 3 games for doing the patented 'Outfielder bellyflop when a HR sails over the fence'.

And I had a lead against abrack for a few innings, but alas.

abrack08

Anyone know why I have players I can't call up? Says "The contract of the player you selected has expired", but... I didn't cut him and he should have at least been signed for this year. And if his contract is expired why is he even still listed on my team? I have a few guys like this.

I had to release and resign him just now to get him to the majors.

rinse82

The attitude does nothing for your argument. If you cheese in a game with me, I'm posting videos and invalidating the win. Not conceding a win, bro. I'll leave it in the hands of the commish how he wants to restore it, but I'm not laying over for garbage. I'm bad enough as is that cheesing to beat me would be pretty pathetic.

I expect others to do the same if I'm doing garbage like squeezing home with my clean up batter at the plate. Stealing and bunting is vastly overpowered in this game. Abusing it is lame. If you aren't abusing it, cool. If you are, not cool. Simple as that.

:edit: Rinse, gonna take a rain check until tomorrow since my friend list isn't populating.

Try again tonight?

Mrbob

Yeah GG, I forgot to save that first inning bomb by Bryant. The one that hit the top of the wall, bounced into the trees and back onto the field, not ruled a home run. That was such a weird play.

rofl

Hit a 2 run homer with Cano off Dickey in the 2nd inning and the guy quits......and then I get teased with David Price =/ Of course I get the scrub when it comes down to a 67 random and David frickin' Price

DietRob

It was an absolute thrashing the Reds took tonight but I thought you guys might enjoy these photos. I sorta dabble in photography as a hobby. I feel like I'm pretty good at 'landscape' type stuff but I really need to work on my 'live action' shots. I'll link the album so this doesn't turn into a giant wall of pictures post.

http://imgur.com/a/Jy5Tt

I wanted poll you guys. I have over 250 photos I took in total but I narrowed them down to these. I'd like you guys help me pick which one I should frame and put in my "Reds-Cave". From now on I plan to frame 1 photo from each game I make it to from here on out. I'm going to run out of wall space.

So which one should I frame first? (they are all gigantic in RAW form I just shrunk them down for this imgur album)

Personally I think I like this one best:
JuHFdYi.jpg

eznark

Banned
It was an absolute thrashing the Reds took tonight but I thought you guys might enjoy these photos. I sorta dabble in photography as a hobby. I feel like I'm pretty good at 'landscape' type stuff but I really need to work on my 'live action' shots. I'll link the album so this doesn't turn into a giant wall of pictures post.

http://imgur.com/a/Jy5Tt

I wanted poll you guys. I have over 250 photos I took in total but I narrowed them down to these. I'd like you guys help me pick which one I should frame and put in my "Reds-Cave". From now on I plan to frame 1 photo from each game I make it to from here on out. I'm going to run out of wall space.

So which one should I frame first? (they are all gigantic in RAW form I just shrunk them down for this imgur album)

Personally I think I like this one best:
JuHFdYi.jpg

Do you have any with the stadium on fire?

Top Bottom