• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

So mlb doesn't work if psn is down? I booted it up to play some RTTS and it's just stuck loading the main screen. Nothing is happening

I know it's probably trying to connect to servers but most games will time out after a minute. I've been sitting here for like 10 minutes

Trash

v1lla21

It was an absolute thrashing the Reds took tonight but I thought you guys might enjoy these photos. I sorta dabble in photography as a hobby. I feel like I'm pretty good at 'landscape' type stuff but I really need to work on my 'live action' shots. I'll link the album so this doesn't turn into a giant wall of pictures post.

http://imgur.com/a/Jy5Tt

I wanted poll you guys. I have over 250 photos I took in total but I narrowed them down to these. I'd like you guys help me pick which one I should frame and put in my "Reds-Cave". From now on I plan to frame 1 photo from each game I make it to from here on out. I'm going to run out of wall space.

So which one should I frame first? (they are all gigantic in RAW form I just shrunk them down for this imgur album)

Personally I think I like this one best:
JuHFdYi.jpg
Yeah that's probably the better one to frame first.

Played first DD game with Ozzie Smith........get an Ozzie Smith after the game

Guess I'm making some stubs

Edit - or Ozzie Smith popping up after the game was because I claimed his legend card before the game, huh

Played first DD game with Ozzie Smith........get an Ozzie Smith after the game

Guess I'm making some stubs

Edit - or Ozzie Smith popping up after the game was because I claimed his legend card before the game, huh

yeah when you claim it, you will get another notification you got it

unless you actually got another ozzie smith for no good reason!

yeah when you claim it, you will get another notification you got it

unless you actually got another ozzie smith for no good reason!

Nope, did get a Sergio Romo though, after not getting any 80+ relievers since launch I got 3 in one 12 hour span

Storen, Romo,Joe Smith

my bullpen is great. except david robertson...he can get fucked. he will be getting replaced by jake mcgee anyday now!

that, and aroldis chapman is straight trash

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
O ok. Rob can you play today?

I can I think. It depends on if it rains or not. It's raining right now so my wife is allowing me a break from the landscaping. When the rain dies down she'll get the whip back out I'm sure.

If anything I can play for sure tonight after 10pm et

11165095_10106138208567700_409583189511133658_o.jpg

This is going to be all kinds of fun -_-

his pitcher has a 4 seamer, changeup, 12-6 curve, splitter, and screw

this might be my first ever concede especially considering he's using directional hitting, it seems

so there's 2 games of mets-reds and 3 games of brewers-padres left, but it seems like mets-reds is happening at 10 ET tonight at the earliest. so we're probably advancing at around midnight ET unless I hear from the padres or brewers

DietRob

this might be my first ever concede especially considering he's using directional hitting, it seems

I've been using directional hitting. I wonder if that is part of the reason I suck so bad at hitting this year? I mean I wasn't Tony Gwynn or anything at the plate last year but I for damn sure had an average over .170 overall.

I did try hitting with R3 like you guys said in our chat but it never really felt right. Best bet for me is to go back to using Zone like I have every other year. I'm not going to be Tony Gwynn at th eplate but maybe just maybe I can turn into at least Zach Cosart at the dish.

Mets I can be around for about an hour or two to play some if you want I think I've got dinner plans tonight though. Then I'll be back home a little after 10pm ET and down for some games then to with whoever is willing to play and tolerate me bunting and stealing ;)

edit: DMNC I sent you a psn message as well. I'll PM you too!

I've been using directional hitting. I wonder if that is part of the reason I suck so bad at hitting this year? I mean I wasn't Tony Gwynn or anything at the plate last year but I for damn sure had an average over .170 overall.

I did try hitting with R3 like you guys said in our chat but it never really felt right. Best bet for me is to go back to using Zone like I have every other year. I'm not going to be Tony Gwynn at th eplate but maybe just maybe I can turn into at least Zach Cosart at the dish.

Mets I can be around for about an hour or two to play some if you want I think I've got dinner plans tonight though. Then I'll be back home a little after 10pm ET and down for some games then to with whoever is willing to play and tolerate me bunting and stealing ;)
I can play now if you can.

Zone is the best. I've used directional just a couple of times, never a whole game, and it was easier for me to hit the high inside fastball but that was it.

DietRob

Reds and Mets played one game but yall aren't on...are you playing game 3 tonight?

yea i'm out eating with the wifey right now. we were thinking about playing maybe around 11pm but if we don't play by midnight go ahead and simit

Finishing at 10 est

Ok yea.. there you go phee. DM can we push that back to 11pm ET plz. We just now got our food so it's going to be a bit. The good news is i'll likely be drunk so the L won't sting as much

yea i'm out eating with the wifey right now. we were thinking about playing maybe around 11pm but if we don't play by midnight go ahead and simit

Ok yea.. there you go phee. DM can we push that back to 11pm ET plz. We just now got our food so it's going to be a bit. The good news is i'll likely be drunk so the L won't sting as much
ok cool

ROB

We couldn't sim one past one of the games because AJ Griffin got hurt, and your rotation only I had 4 guys. I can't seem to put him on a disabled list so what I did was put him in AAA and call some guy up to put at the end of the rotation, and then advanced the league. so before you play your next game make sure you figure out that shit

DietRob

ROB

We couldn't sim one past one of the games because AJ Griffin got hurt, and your rotation only I had 4 guys. I can't seem to put him on a disabled list so what I did was put him in AAA and call some guy up to put at the end of the rotation, and then advanced the league. so before you play your next game make sure you figure out that shit

OK. Thanks a ton for hurting one of my pitchers I didn't realize missing a league game carried such a steep penalty. :(

Sorry about last night DM one thing let to another and the wifey and I ended up chilling together. I've got a HUGE interview today so I'll be tied up this morning/afternoon but might be free for some games later tonight.

If I can get my pitching rotation sorted out.

Damn i think I'm getting slightly burned out by DD. It's starting to become mind blowing when I have to worry about a home run or a bunt threat with 8 batters every lineup lol

Anybody here who isn't on my schedule and want to scrim sometime I'm down.

Also I didn't realize that aj Griffin got hurt in the sim, sorry rob :( I would see if I can fix that but you all wanted injuries on!

Lost two games 1-0 last night! I'm the Ted Williams of MLB The Show hitters.

I think I'm going to try out analog hitting. Anyone have any experience with it? Directional just isn't working out too well for me. The timing is almost too punishing, and I end up with a ton of weak ground outs.

Zone looks almost too difficult.

Lost two games 1-0 last night! I'm the Ted Williams of MLB The Show hitters.

I think I'm going to try out analog hitting. Anyone have any experience with it? Directional just isn't working out too well for me. The timing is almost too punishing, and I end up with a ton of weak ground outs.

Zone looks almost too difficult.

I was using analog for some time, but I switched to zone. I think I like zone better but not positive. Hit us up in chat sometime, we'll help you out.

Also, damn at some of these rating changes. Glad I got michael pineda! he's a gold now. andrew miller got buffed and so did betances I think. jake 'trash' mcgee has dropped...
they upgraded brantley too, above lofton. so now you only need silvers to complete the indians
yay! a wade davis upgrade

OK. Thanks a ton for hurting one of my pitchers I didn't realize missing a league game carried such a steep penalty. :(

Sorry about last night DM one thing let to another and the wifey and I ended up chilling together. I've got a HUGE interview today so I'll be tied up this morning/afternoon but might be free for some games later tonight.

If I can get my pitching rotation sorted out.

its cool bro, i actually fell asleep. good luck on the interview

I was using analog for some time, but I switched to zone. I think I like zone better but not positive. Hit us up in chat sometime, we'll help you out.

On paper, zone looks to be the best. My problem is I'm struggling to get timing down when I face a pitcher with really good off speed stuff, so I can't imagine combining that with actually aiming the bat. It looks like if you can manage the zone interface, you'd have the best chance of placing the ball where you want or hitting hard drives.

I messed around a tiny bit with analog last night on my RTTS hitter and I think I did better with it than I do with directional. Directional seems to punish you more for being slightly off with your timing. I hit a ton of foul balls or weak bloopers. Even when I string together a couple of hits, I'm almost certain to hit into a double play the next AB.

Have you tried directional at all? What was your take on analog? I think the latter is going to be my new thing.

bryce harper a 90 now ;_;
chase utley a silver now lol. I'm closer to mike schmidt than I thought!

On paper, zone looks to be the best. My problem is I'm struggling to get timing down when I face a pitcher with really good off speed stuff, so I can't imagine combining that with actually aiming the bat. It looks like if you can manage the zone interface, you'd have the best chance of placing the ball where you want or hitting hard drives.

I messed around a tiny bit with analog last night on my RTTS hitter and I think I did better with it than I do with directional. Directional seems to punish you more for being slightly off with your timing. I hit a ton of foul balls or weak bloopers. Even when I string together a couple of hits, I'm almost certain to hit into a double play the next AB.

Have you tried directional at all? What was your take on analog? I think the latter is going to be my new thing.

I've never tried directional, but with analog I stopped trusting the responsiveness of the right stick to have the right timing and aiming with what I want. I guess it's basically the same thing with zone because you're using the left stick to aim there, but I felt like it gave me a little more leeway. I might give analog a few more shots though but I'm comfortable with zone.

When it comes to zone hitting, I realized yesterday that sometimes when I swing, I make the mistake of aiming and THEN pressing the swing button. The time between the two actions is obviously really small, but that delay would constantly mess up my timing and aim, because I then give myself that extra time to move the PCI even farther out. Goes with what I mentioned a few weeks ago when I was having trouble keeping the PCI from going out of the zone all the time.

I noticed that I was hitting better when I took the split second to try to recognize where the pitch was going and its trajectory, then aimed and swung at the exact same time. I felt like my discipline got better and I thought the timing was more accurate. There were actually some balls thrown where I would think during the pitch "If I've moved my joystick this far up/down, I probably shouldn't swing!" and I was usually right.

Of course, take me with a grain of salt. I got my ass beat 2 games in a row to end the night lol

Of course, take me with a grain of salt. I got my ass beat 2 games in a row to end the night lol

All good feedback, thanks!

How about this for a ridiculous "feature" (bug) in game. Rinse and I were in the middle of a pitching duel when the game locked up in the seventh inning and we had to exit out. We restarted the game and picked the same exact pitchers since the previous game was reset and we were both on a shutout.

Imagine my surprise when by the fourth inning, with a very low pitch count, my pitcher ran out of energy. The game factored in the previous, non-existent game to his overall cumulative energy level! Amazing.

Makes me wonder what would happen if I injured a player and then the game froze. You would think the injury would cease to exist when you completely reset the game, but I'm guessing no.

That's weird??? That shouldn't happen but I'm also not totally sure how things were handled

I wonder if the same thing happened to Rinse...chime in if it did! I was at 48 pitches when I ran completely out of energy, which was hilarious since I went 7 innings in the previous game that bugged out and was still sitting fairly comfortable. It would be one thing if my pitch count was way up there, but it wasn't.

Just thought it was hilarious and I was woefully unprepared. My bad for not checking the energy meter on him. I usually don't even glance at it until the fifth or sixth inning if things are going smoothly. It didn't affect the outcome of the game in any way shape or form, but I was scrambling to warm up a reliever!

I just got my ass handed to me 8-1 by a team called the Cleveland windians. He didn't even have a stacked team

This shit burns

Top Bottom