• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

abrack08

On paper, zone looks to be the best. My problem is I'm struggling to get timing down when I face a pitcher with really good off speed stuff, so I can't imagine combining that with actually aiming the bat. It looks like if you can manage the zone interface, you'd have the best chance of placing the ball where you want or hitting hard drives.

I messed around a tiny bit with analog last night on my RTTS hitter and I think I did better with it than I do with directional. Directional seems to punish you more for being slightly off with your timing. I hit a ton of foul balls or weak bloopers. Even when I string together a couple of hits, I'm almost certain to hit into a double play the next AB.

Have you tried directional at all? What was your take on analog? I think the latter is going to be my new thing.

This might be Tales From My Ass but I think the timing is more forgiving if you use Zone than Directional/Analog.

This might be Tales From My Ass but I think the timing is more forgiving if you use Zone than Directional/Analog.

That actually makes sense, though, since you're adding the dimension of having to aim the bat with the left stick. It should be more forgiving. Directional seems to be the most punishing of all in terms of timing. If you swing even a fraction off, you're gonna foul the ball out of play.

Kal_El

I've been playing this alot but haven't been on the thread much. Is there an official GAF league or anyone that wants to get some games in when not playing Destiny or Witcher? I also play both.

Sweet, Michael Pineda and Manny Machado are now golds. Machado was my worst player starting and Pineda was my original best starting pitcher. Haven't used him in ages.

Late last night I checked the market and saw that Shelby Miller had shot up to 6,000 stubs probably cause a lot of people that he would boost to a gold for almost throwing a no hitter yesterday and he didn't move at all lol. Back to 3,000. He might get a boost next week though

v1lla21

No gold players now :( Gonzalez and Braun are now Silvers. Fuuuuck
Lol nvm just started going through my collection and Harper is now a 90. Loooool.

I'm going to break my PS4 if I get matched up with Felix again

or any team from Cleveland

ahahahaha forced a quit, was still in the top of the 1st and had scored 5 runs on 6 hits
FUCK CLEVELAND

GO HAWKS

Will somebody reset those two games between villa and myself (not the 8-2 one)? We both selected reset last night and it still hasn't taken.

I just went to reset, it's the 1st and 3rd games? Just now it said in progress, but we'll see

I'm not totally sure...hit reset on both and usually the game says it will reset in the events menu but it doesn't. ugh

I just went to reset, it's the 1st and 3rd games? Just now it said in progress, but we'll see

I'm not totally sure...hit reset on both and usually the game says it will reset in the events menu but it doesn't. ugh

I did the same earlier and both are still saying in progress.

Yeah I don't really know what to do. Never experienced this before. Maybe it'll take until we get to that actual week to be allowed to fix...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
God damn it Rob how many times do I have to say it

Go to the OP

Sorry phee I am a failure.
JFMf5j4.gif

How late are you able to play tonight?

I'll be up for another hour or two. The latest I would want to start is 11pm

DietRob

hi rob

why are you bunting with your pitcher when there's no one on and two strikes?

We'll because after that 6th inning bullshit missed double play and then you scoring 2 runs afterwards I just really didn't give much of a Fuck because the game felt out of reach.

It ended up being a pretty fun game though aside from that 6th inning :(

We'll because after that 6th inning bullshit missed double play and then you scoring 2 runs afterwards I just really didn't give much of a Fuck because the game felt out of reach.

It ended up being a pretty fun game though aside from that 6th inning :(

I'm fine with the base stealing, but don't pull that bullshit anymore. I don't give a shit if the game wronged you, you don't understand real MLB bullshit pain to be doing that stuff!

DietRob

I'm fine with the base stealing, but don't pull that bullshit anymore. I don't give a shit if the game wronged you, you don't understand real MLB bullshit pain to be doing that stuff!

I dont understand what the big deal is. It was my pitcher I was trying to speed things along and get out of the inning there were 2 outs. Why should I try to get a hit with a pitcher that is terrible at the plate if I'm leaving him in the game. I'm starting to feel like it might be best for me to leave the league.

and to say I don't understand REAL MLB games when I watch hundreds a year is a really funny joke.

I dont understand what the big deal is. It was my pitcher I was trying to speed thing along and get out of the inning. I'm starting to feel like it might be best for me to leave the league.

Just use common sense. Like I said the other stuff was fine. But it's well documented that bunting is overpowered and when you drop one with a pitcher in that situation, it just reeks of cheese.

and to say I don't understand REAL MLB games when I watch hundreds a year is a really funny joke.

I'm talking about in the game.

but yeah, give me any time a pitcher has bunted with 2 strikes, nobody on, and I'll shut the fuck up

I've never thought of you as someone who would try to cheese the game in that way, but like I said, nobody actually does that shit. And we've said over and over and over in this thread how that bunting shit is ridiculous and you said you didn't give a fuck and would do you what you want, which is fine, but understand in that situation, it's not a good look.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v33065283/cwskc-aoki-drops-bunt-single-with-two-strikes

I guess you are going to say it has to be a pitcher though lol

How does your years of baseball experience tell you that a fast position player is the same thing as a pitcher?

DietRob

I
How does your years of baseball experience tell you that a fast position player is the same thing as a pitcher?

But if it was a fast position player that I did this with then I would most certainly be cheesing though, right?

But if it was a fast position player that I did this with then I would most certainly be cheesing though, right?

Nope!

And I guess that's what you haven't understood.

I'd like for you to stay, but I hope you get why that shit is irritating especially to people here who have played a bunch of games and have to deal with that on online play
I probably should have let it go, but when that stuff happens it's really annoying to deal with even if I got a free out. I don't think you're a cheeser but in that situation with that guy a bunt just seems like "well fuck it hopefully the game bails me out" not baseball

DietRob

Yea, I guess you're right. I don't understand. The only games I ever play online are in this league. So I'm not exposed to all of this cheese stuff that the rest of you are. I've never thought anything I've been doing was cheesing. That's not the type of player or person I am. I'll just play by whatever rules you all want me too. I never thought I would have to defend myself for stealing bases (earlier in the thread) and now bunting. But here we are. It doesn't matter enough to me to continue to argue about it.

It's cool man. I don't want to be the 'heel' of the league so I'll do my best to follow whatever guidelines you all want to set down or try to at least and if that becomes too frustrating or restrictive for me then I'll go ahead and leave and just play offline like I normally do.

Yea, I guess you're right. I don't understand. I'll just play by whatever rules you all want me too. I never thought I would have to defend myself for stealing bases (earlier in the thread) and now bunting. But here we are. It doesn't matter enough to me to continue to argue about it.

It's cool man. I don't want to be the 'heel' of the league so I'll do my best to follow whatever guidelines you all want to set down or try to at least.

Again I never said your base stealing was a problem. Don't put words into my mouth!
I'm not even against you bunting with your fast guys, or squeezing, or sacrificing, any of that shit. I NEVER SAID THAT! I guess you just picked the very rare situation that I could bitch at and I decided to be a bitch about it!

If you had a guy on, that's a totally different story

DietRob

Again I never said your base stealing was a problem. Don't put words into my mouth!
I'm not even against you bunting with your fast guys, or squeezing, or sacrificing, any of that shit. I NEVER SAID THAT! I guess you just picked the very rare situation that I could bitch at and I decided to be a bitch about it!

I never thought I would have to defend myself for stealing bases (earlier in the thread)

Dude... seriously... smoke a joint or something and chill.

I haven't been exposed to cheesing either so it sounds like we are maybe being a bit harsh on Rob

But I think I get what you're saying which is just to play the game like a normal team would

My tendency when I'm losing bad is just to get silly and do really stupid shit when the game is out of reach to try and have some fun with it

I just mentally check out and strike out a ton when I'm getting my ass whipped, or if I'm pitching just deal fastballs down the middle hoping to get mercy rule'd.

Top Bottom