• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

It's cool man. I don't want to be the 'heel' of the league so I'll do my best to follow whatever guidelines you all want to set down or try to at least and if that becomes too frustrating or restrictive for me then I'll go ahead and leave and just play offline like I normally do.

CalsFXl.gif

When I finally play Rob, I'm going to bunt for all 27 outs.

eznark

Banned
man this game makes me rage like no other. and i never get angry playing games

How come you took out your starter? I couldn't get solid contact to save my life.

I was glad that Gomez botched a fly ball after your guy did though. Feel bad on those.

My tendency when I'm losing bad is just to get silly and do really stupid shit when the game is out of reach to try and have some fun with it
You only tried it twice, and it may have been on accident, but do not intentionally bean guys just because you are getting thrashed. Injuries are on in this league.

I haven't been exposed to cheesing either so it sounds like we are maybe being a bit harsh on Rob

I agree. Phee needs to chill. Unless I misunderstood the situation, it didn't sound as if Rob what trying to game the system by bunting with the pitcher. Idk though, had Rob been bunting at all prior to that?

I agree. Phee needs to chill. Unless I misunderstood the situation, it didn't sound as if Rob what trying to game the system by bunting with the pitcher. Idk though, had Rob been bunting at all prior to that?

He bunted more than several times during the game, but like I said I have no problem with him bunting with fast guys or to sacrifice. But bunting with a slow pitcher, nobody on, 2 strikes, is bullshit. Nobody's convincing me otherwise. I guess he really was trying to go for a quick out there but after I saw him peek at my defense several times I was starting to interpret otherwise. I never thought Rob's a cheeser, but anybody who has played online knows that the combo of defense-peeking (which is fine, but everybody sees when the opponent does it) and bunting a lot is the most irritating to deal with. I think I just took all my negative past experiences and unloaded on Rob :(

In hindsight I should have let it go, but I hope nobody here pretends like what he did there was realistic. It's just one play but I think I was only up 2 at that point so it felt stupider than it really was. And I would very much like to clamp down on anything that is remotely online cheese, but yeah I probably went too far.

rinse82

How do you know someone is looking at your defense?

How do I change my defense?

lol, there are so many functions I dont know/use

What the fuck is a slide step

Oh I think I've done it before but it was an accident trying to pick someone off (which I still have yet to do)

What the fuck is a slide step

Oh I think I've done it before but it was an accident trying to pick someone off (which I still have yet to do)

I mean, I know what it is in real baseball. The only reason I knew this game had it was it popped up randomly in a game menu at some point, although I don't even remember the context. The game said it was designed to help control base runners, but it would affect the accuracy of your pitch.

My question is: does it actually work in game at all? I can't pick off for shit, so anything to balance out OP base running is appreciated.

Hell, I had a base stolen on me in league play while doing a pitch out...damn game.

I mean, I know what it is in real baseball. The only reason I knew this game had it was it popped up randomly in a game menu at some point, although I don't even remember the context. The game said it was designed to help control base runners, but it would affect the accuracy of your pitch.

My question is: does it actually work in game at all? I can't pick off for shit, so anything to balance out OP base running is appreciated.

Hell, I had a base stolen on me in league play while doing a pitch out...damn game.

I've been picked off before EVEN as I could tell that they were trying to pick me off and pressed R1 really quickly. But I've never picked anybody off, and it's fucking annoying. I have to be doing something wrong. I've seen people take 2 lead off steps, which really should be a death sentence for them, and I could never get them. But I've been gotten.

And I can sometimes pick people off at 2nd but it's so frustrating when you pitch out, throw a dart, and you're not even close. It's even worse when people steal 3rd. I don't think I've ever thrown anybody out stealing 3rd and it should be EASIER! I think the combination of slow fielding+overly fast base running+shitty tag detection, it's damn near impossible. But again I've gotten picked out trying to steal 3rd. So I must be doing something wrong.

I wish the game would you let you queue up a throw faster because it only seems to let me do it AFTER he's caught the ball and that split second fucks it all.

v1lla21

Fuck those shit gargling pricks who just pause the game and bunt at every at bat constantly. Motherfucking scrotum munchers.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Apparently the game isn't working BigJ. I can't invite you and I haven't gotten one from you. I'll give it another 10 minutes to start working then I'm out. I've got plenty to do rather than waiting on SSD's shitty online to start working.

Apparently the game isn't working BigJ. I can't invite you and I haven't gotten one from you. I'll give it another 10 minutes to start working then I'm out. I've got plenty to do rather than waiting on SSD's shitty online to start working.

Didn't I send a msg that I was finishing a DD game?

Reds-Jays are done

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Playing online games is no longer fun for me. I'm done. I'll own up and say almost all of my losses have been my fault but things like players randomly missing easy fly balls consistently is ruining the experience for me. All but 2 of the runs scored in my last game were due to errors in the outfield when I had the player (Hamilton, Byrd) directly under the indicator they just decided not to catch the balls.

I'd rather lose legitimately offline than break a controller because I'm constantly being fucked in the ass by the games shitty online experience.

Later guys, sorry to disappoint.

Well that's a bummer but I'm going to go ahead and tell you that I don't think it's an online issue, the game is just fucking trash. I have played 0 offline but do these things not happen offline?

I guess if you're doing RTTS it's all you but I'm talking about offline franchise

It's only happened to me when I take a shaky route to the ball and can't settle under it in time

In our game it looked like one of the drops should have been a catch, the other looked iffy on my end

The Jays are auctioning off a chance to play MLB 15 against Russel Martin on the jumbotron at the SkyDome :eek:

I'd bust out my DD team and cheese my way to victory

Well it looks like Rob is gone for good...and unless Duane actually makes a post or responds to private messages within the next day, the Padres are on the out too.

So...

We got two NL teams that are about to become vacant. Are there any AL volunteers to sub a few games for them, when they have to play teams with playoff implications? I figured we could just sim the games where they play other teams unlikely to make the playoffs, but I'd prefer that teams in contention for the playoffs don't get free wins.

Reds : Week 7 (Marlins), Week 8 (Rangers), Week 10 (Dodgers)
Padres : Week 8 (Rays), Week 9 (Angels), Week 10 (Cubs)

Those are the weeks where we may need a helping hand!
I would prefer to turn to those in our league rather than look for an outsider, which I don't think we'll have luck...maybe I could pop in the main thread?

Well it looks like Rob is gone for good...and unless Duane actually makes a post or responds to private messages within the next day, the Padres are on the out too.

I'm here! I'm available any evening except Wednesday. I haven't been super gung ho on keeping up with things but I HAVE been here:

Eznark, I'm good most weekdays after 9ct and I never win.

Ez, still true... I can play tonight, tomorrow night, whenever.

I'm here! I'm available any evening except Wednesday. I haven't been super gung ho on keeping up with things but I HAVE been here:

Ez, still true... I can play tonight, tomorrow night, whenever.

Yeah but this also shows how you haven't been here! That week advanced on Sunday! You have another three game series to finish by Sunday...

Villa told me he's sent you something like three PMs and hasn't heard back from you. If you could just keep up more and check in more often that'd be great, because between me hearing that and not seeing you post unless I post a Duane signal it seemed like you were done. But I'd like for you to contact your guys more and not wait around.

What did Zep do for a perma?

really long story but the NBA thread used to be a great place and let's just say it got nuked and so did many other posters who were there

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Yo banana I'll be on tonight man hope we can get this last game in. I'll PM you later on. Fucking game better not pull that failed connection shit again. So frustrating.

If tonight doesn't work I'll be able to play sometime during the weekend for sure

Top Bottom