• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

abrack08

Man what's up with those standings, a 11-6 team over a 10-2 Rangers? I'm being punished for not having played as many games!

Hopefully Bushwick can do a double header in the next couple days.

Pinch hit 2-run bomb with Carpenter and then a walk off solo shit with Cano against a team with the same city and logo as mine lol

Time to get some Rod Carew, I have a Canadian on my team, now I need a Jew :D

Yes, I know he actually never converted but I'm going with it since I'm not picking Ryan Braun

Great series against Drizzler last night, aside from some unfortunate bugs where his screen and mine showed totally different things. Twice I held up a runner at second when his fielder froze up on my screen and the ball just say there. All three games came down to one at bat, but the baseball gods blessed me with my first series win of the year.

The bug thing is so weird to me. In my series previous series, I hit a deep ball into the gap and sent my runner home from second base. On my screen, he rounded third easily and made it home well before the throw. On my opponent's screen, he threw him out by a decent amount. The announcer said I scored and everything, but when it reset for the next batter it was 0-0 and I had an out. I'm not sure how that happens so consistently in a game that released in 2015, but there you have it. It wouldn't have affected the outcome of the game either way (he beat me by several runs), but it sure is annoying.

Zone hitting is like playing a totally different game. It's twice the work but I'm not sure if the results are commensurate with the effort. I'll probably go back to my lazy pure analog swing style.

I went back to analog for one inning but went back to zone after. Maybe it's me or my sticks but that shit wasn't going anywhere i wanted it to

I went back to analog for one inning but went back to zone after. Maybe it's me or my sticks but that shit wasn't going anywhere i wanted it to

It's almost comical how most of my hits on analog are right up the middle past the pitcher. It's a timing thing. I can't stick with zone until I sit down with it for a few offline games and work on my timing. I realize the benefits of directing the ball come into play, but I struggle so much with discipline at the plate that it adds another element for me to track.

What's the difference between pure analog and directional hitting with the analog stick as the input method? I think I might try that one out, and go back to directional but use the stick instead of the buttons. I do a better job of laying off garbage with the stick instead of the buttons for some dumb reason.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Man what's up with those standings, a 11-6 team over a 10-2 Rangers? I'm being punished for not having played as many games!

Hopefully Bushwick can do a double header in the next couple days.

Oh shit 10-2? Imma need you to lose a few more games mmkay.

Yo Karish I won't be on tonight but I'll be able to do a quick game tomorrow before 7:00pm MST if you're available

Hmmm, someone tracking DD player ratings thinks Robbie Cano is going to end up being a gold in a couple weeks after the nerf this week

I put him up for sale for 26k stubs, I guess it's best to sell now seeing as I just got Rod Carew

Ph33, what do you think I should do? Get dee Gordon and cheese it up?

Edit - And it sold, I have 25k stubs now

Hmmm, someone tracking DD player ratings thinks Robbie Cano is going to end up being a gold in a couple weeks after the nerf this week

I put him up for sale for 26k stubs, I guess it's best to sell now seeing as I just got Rod Carew

Ph33, what do you think I should do? Get dee Gordon and cheese it up?

Edit - And it sold, I have 25k stubs now

yes I would get dee gordon. hell, I've got rod carew and I start dee gordon. all carew does for me even when i get good contact is hit it into outfielders

it was a good idea selling him. you could probably fill up two other spots with good players or keep saving up. when i sold my trout i was deciding between a cabrera and cano and i picked miggy. great choice

what does this player tracker think of kershaw's mediocre season so far? is he untouchable

Right now my lineup is...

Reyes
Carew
Matt Carpenter
My 99 overall well rounded created player
Todd Frazier
Joe Carter
Jason Heyward
Russel Martin

Bench

Jason Kipnis
Yadier Molina
Ozzie Smith
Albert Pujols
Matt Holliday

Pitchers

Pineda
Lynn
Wacha
Samardzjia
Garrett Richards

I could probably use an outfielder or starting pitcher, Giancarlo Stanton would be best lol

http://forums.theshownation.com/forum/online/diamond-dynasty/395793-risers-and-fallers/page9

Oops, I probably shouldn't have sold Dozier to get the last of the stubs I needed for carew.......but I'm so strong at 2nd anyway

Downgrades:
Troy Tulowitzki- Again, Tulo has been awful actually. He does not deserve a Diamond at all. I think it is just a matter of time before he drops rapidly. Sell now, especially before the packs hit this Friday!

lots-of-trash.jpg

b8f1jm4cqaagdit.png

the best

Rod Carew is still loads better than Dee Gordon you cheeser

My lineup,

Rod Carew
Hunter Pence
Troy Tulowitzki
Dwyane Wade
Carlos Gomez
Will Clark
Cliff Floyd
Devin Mesoraco

Bench,
Billy Hamilton
Jason Heyward
Dee Gordon
Joe Mauer
Dante Bichette

Rotation,

Zack Greinke
Jack McDowell
Jordan Zimmerman
Doug Fister
Michael Pineda

Bullpen,

Sean Marshall
Jeremy Affeldt
AJ Ramos
Luke Gregerson
Huston Street
Tyler Clippard
David Robertson

abrack08

So what's the deal with the Reds? No owner, so we play the cpu? When I try to play them it says it's sending a challenge and waits indefinitely, like they have an owner.

So what's the deal with the Reds? No owner, so we play the cpu? When I try to play them it says it's sending a challenge and waits indefinitely, like they have an owner.

I'm going to try and get a sub for them, but if you know anyone in the other league that's down to play you, I can give that person temporary ownership of the reds

I think I'm having Zep fill in when I play them

Lol

The slow mental deterioration of Tragicomedy as a result of Caliblues complete and utter indifference has been hilariously entertaining to watch

I love some of the reaction PMs he sends me telling me to chill, like I have a care in the world. Dude is easy to troll, apparently. Just don't try to schedule a game against him if you aren't Pistol Pete!

When you snap and trade in the game can I have your cards

My biggest regret was I already sold all my cards in game. I don't really care about DD, so there you have it. I probably unloaded 20 golds and two diamonds in the process. No idea why since those stubs are kind of pointless for anything else in game.

gg trini, this looks to be a good series!

Nice, never even thought to try that. Also, that 63 pitch complete game...damn.

yeah when it comes to hot zones I don't like the game telling me where I'm good and where I'm not, and with the strike zone, fuck that, I make my own strike zone lol. we have variable on anyways so i don't like feeling confined to that

yeah when it comes to hot zones I don't like the game telling me where I'm good and where I'm not, and with the strike zone, fuck that, I make my own strike zone lol. we have variable on anyways so i don't like feeling confined to that

Watching your approach to hitting got me motivated. It's a lot more fluid and natural than what I've been doing. You lay off a ton of stuff that I chase and just make him pitch to you. I like it. Time to practice!

gg trini, this looks to be a good series!

Playing DD lately and have Rizzo at 1st now, and the thought that the bottom 2/3 of his zone versus a RHP would be cold is silly to me.

Top Bottom