• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 15: The Show League Thread - We're falling for this shit again?

I'm out of town till Thursday, didn't see invite last night so my bad.

Why did we switch up divisions? I picked Astros only to play against abrack and JP all season long lol.

You have not typed the word "Astros" once in this thread until now.

Also, I don't know whoever "JP" is but fuck JP.

Eliminate CPU games i assume

B...but...that was my only chance to win a game. :/

I clearly need to practice more, since I messed around against the CPU with my Dynasty team and was struggling to hit on All-Star difficulty. I'm fairly decent at Veteran level, but there's a big jump there.

Fuck yeah got the Robin Yount!

Eliminate CPU games i assume

I collected all the stadiums!

Still some golds and legends away from everything else though...not that my team needs any legends
Emoticon_laugh.gif

eznark

Banned
bahahaha

Some dude just cheesed the fuck out of me with bunts and quick steals so I offered a concede in the 7th. He won, whatever. He declined so I said fuck it. Slowed the game way down. He apparently didn't appreciate that so he pause trolled.

Unfortunately for him he took too long and used up his time. I won 0-8 on a forfeit!

Bacon

Are there a lot of cheese tactics in the show games? Last years game was my first one and I never played online. I know madden online is filled with cheesy bs but I figured it would be harder to cheese in a baseball game

I keep getting awful cards in diamond dynasty. Just food for my created player.

I got an Adrian Beltre after I whooped another poor soul's ass last night

#boughtnotbuilt

I'm undefeated in human games but I'm about to play against felix hernandez. fuck

batters:
his created guy (99)
mike trout
ted williams
miguel cabrera
robinson cano
andrew mccutchen
george brett
buster posey

now i understand why there are first inning concedes

I'm a bit nervous in the sense that I've played one online game, and it froze in the sixth after my opponent beaned by batter. Just straight froze. He disconnected and I got the win.

I hope we don't see a lot of that in the league...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm a bit nervous in the sense that I've played one online game, and it froze in the sixth after my opponent beaned by batter. Just straight froze. He disconnected and I got the win.

BQyBESO.gif

I played 3 online games against V1lla without any lag issues or freezing...hopefully yours was just bad luck

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
sorry i wasn't around at all yesterday. opening day and all that jazz then my cousin came over to watch ncca championship.

did the servers take a day off too?

DietRob

is it still the same league invite i accepted yesterday or the day before gaf 2.0 or something?

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?

I've played 8 online games, all against trin, but completed all of them accept for one, but that was due to Trin rage quitting at like 1:00am lol. I've only seen a few minor issues online but for the most part it runs very nicely, at least for me. Easily the best mlb the show has ever ran online from my experience.

Mrbob

Should I sell my Abreu card? He is pretty good but I can get 10K for it. That is 10 packs.

I must be missing something. What does feeding cards to your player do, and how do you do it?

You can consume your owned cards to improve the stats of your created player.

It kind of depends what you want out of diamond dynasty. If I have duplicates of a gold or silver I sell it. But I keep my diamonds and all other single cards.

Like Crimson said you have a much higher chance of getting absolute shit in those 10 packs you'd earn than you do of having anything significant. And you aren't me who randomly gets Giancarlo Stanton and Adrian Beltre for doing nothing, so you don't have my luck!

Mrbob

Yeah I've had bad luck in most pack purchases. I'll hold onto him for now.

Phee has the best damn luck.

By the way the website is indeed much better avenue to sell inventory.

I foolishly bought packs yesterday and didn't get shit

Then I played games and nearly nabbed a gold and I got a diamond. So I'm going to be spending my time ranking up and earning shit rather than some lame ass pack

Mrbob

Were you playing online games? I noticed when playing CPU games you can increase the percentage of a rare drop by upping the difficulty. Do we know what the online percentage drops are?

Were you playing online games? I noticed when playing CPU games you can increase the percentage of a rare drop by upping the difficulty. Do we know what the online percentage drops are?

not sure about the online drops but when I got beltre last night it was after a human game, and same thing with stanton

I opened trout from a pack and I think puig was a pack too

but yeah I started playing on HOF so that you get like a 15% chance on gold items

DietRob

so uh, about this league.... what's the deal? i haven't been reading the thread much the past 2 days.

DietRob

gotcha. thanks for the update see ya'll next tuesday!

i got a $50 psn credit today from my sony rewards cc points (usually average 1 code every 2 months) have no idea what to buy. don't say bloodborn that shit will make me break my ps4.

Almost lost my first human game, tied at 3-3 forever then he scored top of the 9th to go up 4-3. bottom 9 comes and zobrist gets on base, holliday comes in and draws a walk, and trout homers

time to play the card lottery!!!
almost got a gold glove and i got fucking trash :(

v1lla21

i got a $50 psn credit today from my sony rewards cc points (usually average 1 code every 2 months) have no idea what to buy. don't say bloodborn that shit will make me break my ps4.
The game sucks. Buy packs for diamond dynasty.

DietRob

i would just buy packs but i don't play dd and my rtts player is already god tier so i don't need the coins to by training for him.

i'll likely just sit on it and get some indies that come out down the road.

bloodborne is the only answer if you like a game where online actually works

I just lost my first DD game to a fucking guy from Cleveland and was a douche who would pause every time he homered

Annoying people online are annoying. If I find myself playing against one of those douches that does nothing but bunt and steal, I auto-concede then block. Just don't have the patience for that. Any quits I have are chalked up to bailing on a troll.

Top Bottom