• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official: PSP December 12, 19800 yen

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
well, that's absolute ownership in a press release right there.

What the f**k!? even 250$ sounded like financial suicide...
Utterly stunned given what i've been hearing from various sources.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Holy... that's even lower then what I heard just two days ago.
Honestly didn't expect this - not this low...

mashoutposse

Ante Up
19.800 Yen = $185.48

yikes.gif
yikes.gif
yikes.gif

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
wow. pwned.

I might just pick up a US PSP after its first price drop and not its second or third. with competition in the maket that is bound to happen much sooner :)

I say 199.99 MSRP US based on this.

what will nintendo do?

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Jebus, this should be an interesting price war.

Good job on the price Sony (provided it doesn't bleed you dry)

Meier

Craziness. I can definitely see the PSP being the "Walkman of the 21st Century" although in all honesty I expect it to sell more as a mass market device than as a game player specifically in the US. Not that that matters though.

Jonnyram

So basically, this is what the rumour said yesterday, except the date is different.
24800 bundle... launch (december) games are the same.

explodet

Hmmm, bundle contains a 32MB Memory stick. Neat.
Any news on the US date?

Any UMD movies yet? What are the launch titles again? Screenshots? Region-lock?

Too many questions!

I know that people won't believe me, but I can guarantee you that at that price Sony is losing over 3 man per unit.

That's not a price point. That's fucking genocide.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
mashoutposse said:
19.800 Yen = $185.48

yikes.gif
yikes.gif
yikes.gif
You're actually lowballing it a little bit. Japan has a 5% consumption tax added (which is why there is a second price listed in the press release...the second price is what consumers actually pay).

So the actual price is about $195. Still good. Just being picky. :D

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Everyone that said it would be $300, please get your ass in here.

Meier

JackFrost2012 said:
I know that people won't believe me, but I can guarantee you that at that price Sony is losing over 3 man per unit.

That's not a price point. That's fucking genocide.

:lol :lol Funny way to look at it. Seriously though, I cant imagine how much money they're going to bleed from this.. shocking stuff really.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
I hope sony can afford to bleed money like MS does on the Xbox.

And I really don't think there's enough popcorn in the world for this thread...

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
JackFrost2012 said:
I don't believe that they're losing that much but I can certainly agree that they're losing a substantial amount of money.

Even for a prestige project I think it's crazy. The business model makes even less sense than that of the Xbox.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Seriously, this price point will be the start of a revolution not just in portable games systems, but in all manner of portable devices. Ipod? What a ripoff! Portable DVD players? Come on, that can only do one thing, and I can do a zillion different things with my PSP!

It's a new age of gaming in several different ways! I am pleasantly surprised that Sony is willing to bring this age about so quickly.

fugimax

Everyone that said it would be $300, please get your ass in here.
I think *everyone* thought it would be $300...save the hardcore Sony fanboys who were holding on to hope, not actual belief.

This is a complete surprise I don't think anyone was predicting.

A bad move (for the industry), in my opinion, but whatever..

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
DeadStar said:
HOly shit thats awesome

$185

HOLY SHIT

Sold !!! I would have been willing to pay $250 for it but now there is no question if I will be getting one.

Top Bottom